We're All Rooting For You Annat

Pdoggg

I am reposting in this new thread BM Annat's OP in another thread he had started but, for some yet-to-be-determined technical reason did not allow BMs to respond.  Annat shared with us that he tested positive for Covid and I am sure I speak for all LBR BMs in wishing him a speedy and full recovery. 

Here's his post:

Happy New Year

Today is 1st January 2021, my 70th birthday.

Last year I was in Patts and was enjoying myself.

Today I got a birthday card from The Welsh National Health
“Your Coronavirus test result is positive, it means you had the virus when the test was done”

Not what I wanted to hear, as I have diabetes and had a stent fitted in February. Otherwise I am in fairly good order for an old one.

Went to see my only daughter on Xmas day, first time in 7 years I have been invited back, since my divorce. Spent 6 hours there, had two hugs and otherwise kept well apart. She rang me on 27th to say she had a test on boxing a day and was positive and not well. I only went because she had a test on the previous Tuesday which was negative. Of course ex-wife who lives with her tested negative, no justice I think.

So am 7 days into 10 days quarantine, daughter told me to get test, though I had no signs of it. Went on Wednesday result this morning.

So, firstly, no advice on what might happen, no info on another test, really no info other than download app and look at government web site.

There must be others on here who have been positive. I have none of cough, temperature, loss of smell or taste. Actually feel fine. So what happens next, I am now locked down until midnight on 9th January.

Does it mean the virus has gone? Or am I still carrying it?
Will the vaccine still work?

Panic Panic, still wish to keep going and get back to Thailand.

Oh yes and promised myself I would at least play one game of cricket when I was 70.

Look after yourselves, stay safe and to those you still laughing off this virus or that only a few more people are dying – well get a positive test and see if you will still sing from the same hymn sheet (I really could be very rude, but it is New Year).

We are rooting for LBR's best cricket player!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I am reposting in this new thread BM Annat's OP in another thread he had started but, for some yet-to-be-determined technical reason did not allow BMs to respond.  Annat shared with us that he tested positive for Covid and I am sure I speak for all LBR BMs in wishing him a speedy and full recovery. 

Here is artwork which Quinn sent me.  We are rooting for LBR's best cricket player!!

annat1.jpg

Yes, I had tried to reply too, and couldn't. So I'll just endorse your words Mr.P. In Australian language (and maybe others too) rooting has a meaning other than cheering or supporting. Perhaps some of us will be doing that as well. Best wishes, Annat. and we'll be expecting a full description of your cricket match come summer.

• Like 3

I tried to reply too, yesterday and today, but couldn't.

Belated 70th Birthday Greetings and a Happy New Year @Annat. I hope the positive test doesn't lead to anything serious.

You should phone your GP on Monday for advice. If you feel unwell before Monday phone 999. Take care.

• Like 2

If the Chinese played cricket instead of eating the bats, Annat would not find himself in this situation ...

Happy (as can be under the circumstances) Birthday Annat!  You made it to 70 and this is another long TEST MATCH you will win.

Seriously Annat, we never met each other but I care what happens to you.  I can't bring you meals or run errands for you, but if you want to vent here at LBR, I am all hears and will give you likes...

Full recovery wishes.

Rom

• Like 3

Thanks for kind words and support.

Strange world sitting here 9 days in, wondering if I am suddenly going to be struck down with the virus.

So much advice, so many different thoughts and knowledge.

Some saying you past the worst probably going to be ok, others saying after 14 days you might be in hospital.

So learning to be calm, watch netflix/amazon, look at the forums, read my kindle and do some of ebay shop work  (though struggeling to get carried away with work).

Will see what tomorrow will bring, my daughter is on the mend, though still in bed most of the time.

Anyway, another thank you, it helps to know people are routing for you

• Like 4