Escaping from Pattaya to Hua Hin for some days (ine the middle of the trip)

David3615

1 hour ago, David3615 said:

On my next trip to Pattaya , I was planning to go to Hua Hin for a long weekend in the  middle of my trip.

Wanted just to know if it is worth  ....

Any recommandations for hotel will be welcome 

How can anyone know if it is worth it if we don't know what you are looking to do there? Same with the hotel.  Can't provide a recommendation unless we know some of your requirements such as price, amenities, location?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ozzie said:

How can anyone know if it is worth it if we don't know what you are looking to do there? Same with the hotel.  Can't provide a recommendation unless we know some of your requirements such as price, amenities, location?

basic requirement : bar and lb

15 hours ago, David3615 said:

On my next trip to Pattaya , I was planning to go to Hua Hin for a long weekend in the  middle of my trip.

Wanted just to know if it is worth  ....

Any recommandations for hotel will be welcome 

I think they started running a boat again, that'd be worth looking into. It's roughly 2hrs to BKK and 3hrs from BKK to Hua Hin by road. You can do it by minibus for more or less 300 baht, for a taxi it'd probably be 3000+ baht.

You'd probably want to stay near the Bintabaht area. I put together a map a few years ago, it may be a little out of date but more or less accurate.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1nSQ1KNGTb5xRFv9v4ib6-TSCpZE&usp=sharing

It's also a good stop over if you want to go to Koh Samui, you can get a coach down to the Chumpon then the ferry across. Much less expensive than Bangkok Airways. That trip was a favourite of mine a few years ago but I think I'd be temped to to go to Koh Samet or Koh Chang (never been to the latter but they do have LB's there) if I wanted a short escape from Pattaya these days now I know a little more about Thailand.

• Like 2

just save your money, all this planning might be fun for you, but not so much for readers methinks. LOTS will change by the time you GET there and then yer plans will be shit.  The BEST time I ever had was just to hit the ground running and go with the flow.  

hope you're right about 2021, personally I'm thinking 2022...maybe.  (I think the elites in charge are using the virus to wipe the "cheap place for lots of great sex and drinking" slate clean and turn it into a normal boring tourist destination.)

15 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

just save your money, all this planning might be fun for you, but not so much for readers methinks. LOTS will change by the time you GET there and then yer plans will be shit.  The BEST time I ever had was just to hit the ground running and go with the flow.  

hope you're right about 2021, personally I'm thinking 2022...maybe.  (I think the elites in charge are using the virus to wipe the "cheap place for lots of great sex and drinking" slate clean and turn it into a normal boring tourist destination.)

6 or 7 years ago I would book the trip then make a list of places and girls to visit....it didn't work , I found some cuties by wondering around. 

1 minute ago, stoolpusher said:

6 or 7 years ago I would book the trip then make a list of places and girls to visit....it didn't work , I found some cuties by wondering around. 

EXACTLY !  who don't love a good surprise :)   ticking boxes on a list is like grocery shopping :P