Getting Into Thailand Now

Pdoggg

4 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

And here I was thinking how tricky it was to get my retirement Visa last year, that I have to do all over again in January 

A 1 year extension of stay based on what is commonly referred to as a retirement visa is actually pretty simple.

You need to show that you have 800,000 baht in a Thai Bank account for 3 (maybe 2) months before renewal and then keep the 800K in that account for 3 months after renewal and never let the account go below 400K if using the money in the bank method.  Don't know too much about the ins and outs of the 65K per month retirement income method such as do you need to transfer 65K a month into the Thai bank every month, or do it on a yearly basis.

But in either case the rest is simple. A bank letter. proof of residence, a picture, copies of your bank book and 1900 baht.

But you really need to double check everything as yur visa could be slightly different than mine with somewhat different requirements. 

18 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

A 1 year extension of stay based on what is commonly referred to as a retirement visa is actually pretty simple.

You need to show that you have 800,000 baht in a Thai Bank account for 3 (maybe 2) months before renewal and then keep the 800K in that account for 3 months after renewal and never let the account go below 400K if using the money in the bank method.  Don't know too much about the ins and outs of the 65K per month retirement income method such as do you need to transfer 65K a month into the Thai bank every month, or do it on a yearly basis.

But in either case the rest is simple. A bank letter. proof of residence, a picture, copies of your bank book and 1900 baht.

But you really need to double check everything as yur visa could be slightly different than mine with somewhat different requirements. 

Thanks Mr. P 

Nong Kai immigration gave me a printed out list of what I need and also gave me the website name "  https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/ " , mine is the TM 7 form according to the big wigs .

It all looks simple enough and I have already got every thing sorted except the bank statement as that needs to be done on the day of application .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

It all looks simple enough and I have already got every thing sorted except the bank statement as that needs to be done on the day of application .

The bank book must be updated and the bank letter must be dated on the day of the application.   Sometimes there is nothing than can be updated (if the bank book was updated recently) and if this is the case a workaround is to deposit a small amount in the account and immediately itdraw that same amout so the book can be updated and the amount in the bank book matches exactly the amount on the bank letter.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don't see any topic heading"s on New Years greetings so I will put one here.

Happy New Year and all the best for an upcoming year that hopefully is a lot better than 2020!.

Mind you looking at news items on Thai News is does not look really positive. I saw a statement from the tourism minister saying it might be 2022 before things are moving properly.

I have a weird theory. I wonder if after a few years of trying, that the government is taking the opportunity to use the Covid thing to totally disrupt Pattaya and turn it into what they see as a more "respectable"place. If this thing goes on for a long time, the "naughty bars will slowly disappear änd all the girls retreat back to Isaan and neighbouring countries, leaving the properties to be scooped up by "respectable"owners and turned into premises more attractive to an Asian audience. I understand that there are people in power who have interests in Pattaya property. Who knows what they might concoct?.

Is that being too conspiracy minded?.

From what I understand the local are shit scared of Covid, stirred on by the government, so that allows things to happen that may not occur in other times. Mind you they are not Robinson Crusoe there!.

Lets hope my theory is wrong and things improve over the next few months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

Its been common knowledge for a few years now that they want to close walking street as it is prime real-estate and the same for soi 6 so your Idea 

sounds spot on Woodie , what a perfect time to get the dozer in but leave soi Pothole just the way it is.   

Soi Pothole, where is that??.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Continuing from

The Bangkok Post wrote today about the procedure after arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport:

After arrival at BKK, and for those staying in smaller hotels, one will have to go to a "swab hub". They are not located inside the airport but could be hospitals for example. Bigger hotels either seem to have their own swab hub or are cooperating with hospitals.

Then, for the first night, we have to wait in our hotel room for the result...

Around 300 hotels (in Bangkok?) are currently waiting for SHA Plus approval. By the end of this week, they should get the official okay.

Video: Small hotel worries:

https://youtu.be/JjBb86Du2B0

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Papa Sam said:

The Bangkok Post wrote today about the procedure after arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport:

After arrival at BKK, and for those staying in smaller hotels, one will have to go to a "swab hub". They are not located inside the airport but could be hospitals for example. Bigger hotels either seem to have their own swab hub or are cooperating with hospitals.

Then, for the first night, we have to wait in our hotel room for the result...

This is still one hurdle too many for me, hopefully this will change and travellers who are double vaccinated will simply be allowed to travel freely on arrival.

4 minutes ago, BigTel said:

This is still one hurdle too many for me, hopefully this will change and travellers who are double vaccinated will simply be allowed to travel freely on arrival.

Yeah exactly what I think. I'm also not happy having to spend one night in quarantine... 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bangkok-authorities-and-hotels-prepare-for-returning-travellers

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-prepares-airports-quarantine-free-142432656.html

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai government officials on Wednesday inspected the readiness of the country's airports to welcome quarantine-free travellers, due to return next month after almost two years of strict COVID-19 rules that halted vital tourism.

From Nov. 1, the country will allow vaccinated arrivals from low risk countries to return to its popular destinations like Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

"Foreign tourists and investors from at least 10 countries which are in health-safe zones, as well as doing great financially, can come to visit and spend in the country."

But Saksiam said the wider reopening would be even simpler for travellers, as testing on arrival could be done at hotels and other accommodations rather than at the airport.

"The entire time a visitor will spend from getting through the terminal gates to leaving the airport would take no more than 25 minutes," Saksiam told reporters.

(After the press meeting a reporter overheard the cheque is in the mail and they wont cum in your mouth).

080d8e5f01c7a4efc22a5c1aed65bd5a.jpeg

Somchai keeping an eye on you. You're not a sextourist, are you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The number of tourists allowed to enter Thailand without having to quarantine first will be 46 writes the PM on his FB page

Apparently, Australia will be among the 46 lucky ones: 

(translated from Thai into English using Google Translate, love the translation "dodo" for coronavirus vaccine...)

Brothers and sisters, people who love everyone.

After I have announced plans to cancel the quarantine for those who will enter Thailand, who must have completed the dodo vaccination, then enter the country by air and travel from a country that we classify as a risk group.  There is low, we can see that during the last week after we announced to other countries such as America and our regional countries, whether Indonesia (Bali), Philippines, Australia and Malaysia are doing the same.  There are, there are, there are, there is relaxation of measures, regulations, and in addition, many countries that are tourists of Thailand have recently announced relaxation for their people to travel out of the country more easily

When we saw that the situation had turned like this, from the beginning, I decided that we would consider low-risk countries so that they could travel to Thailand without being quarantined in about 10 countries and then gradually increase the number.  Country, country, country will gradually number, number, number, number, number will gradually increase. Now I think that in the new situation, if we want to attract more tourists to Thailand to stimulate the tourism sector and and other related business businesses that are in trouble  For a very long time, we need to walk there and than do it now because waiting for everything to be perfect before it will make us too slow.  Tourists may decide to travel to other countries first .

Therefore, after consulting with many concerned parties, I am glad that today I will inform you that we will increase the number of list of low-risk countries, the first group that can travel to Thailand without quarantine to 46 countries, which  The country must be quarantined as 46 countries, which must be those who have completed the dose of vaccination and enter Thailand by air and have proof of COVID-free by having a pre-departure screening and a check upon arrival in Thailand, which will be effective from the date of arrival.  As of November 1st, but nevertheless, but all such countries must consider the risks of Thailand as well before allowing people of their countries to come to Thailand. I thank you, ministries and agencies that  involved in doing this full task, trying to pressure, pressure, pressure, correct and manage many rules, regulations, procedures and processes in a short period of time, which I know that everyone, all parties, try their best to  Helping people's brothers and sisters to be able to come back and earn a living again as much as possible.

We have to speed up our preparations, and I have asked the Ministry of Health to speed up vaccination even further, even though we already rank among the fastest vaccinating countries in the world.

We know that with this rapid progression there is a risk that the number of infected people will increase, but it is a risk that we have to accept. I think that now Thailand and other countries are different.  We all have different abilities to cope better with the risks of COVID-19, and we must learn to live with COVID-19.

We all have an important role to play in helping to reduce the risk of the spread of the epidemic. By keeping the guard down, I urge everyone to continue to maintain public health measures, be disciplined in wearing masks, wash your hands regularly and maintain distances.  person, person, so that we can reap some good things from this year-end holiday season

thank you

The 46 countries are:

4121347.jpeg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2201875/thailand-welcomes-visitors-from-46-countries-from-nov-1

Edited by Papa Sam
Including the list of the 46 countries
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Is Tim doing his own thing rather than be with Thaiger News?.

I could understand it if he is, as when combined with the guy on Thaiger news he was pushed the back a bit!.

Tim has left the Thaiger and started his own YouTube Channel named Tim Newton Today (TNT), 

Well worth subscribing to imho, :good:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seven said:

Saw about this last week. Tim is cool, I’ll be watching his channel. The other millennials can do their stuff digital marketing etc.

Yes, the other guy, and the girl ,(who was ok), delivered in a different style. They did not seem to gel.

• 2 weeks later...

Bangkok, 31 August, 2022 – Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) approved the proposal by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to extend the period of stay to 45 days for tourists from countries/territories entitled for visa exemption, and to 30 days for those eligible for a Visa on Arrival (VOA). This will be in effect from 1 October, 2022, until 31 March, 2023.
TAT has proposed the extension to stimulate the upcoming high season, which normally runs from October until March.

During the specially granted 6-month period, the length of stay per time will be extended from 30 days to 45 days for passport holders of the following countries/territories who may enter Thailand under a tourist visa exemption scheme: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the UAE, UK, Ukraine, and USA.  

Also, during the same 6-month period, the length of stay per time will be extended from 15 days to 30 days for passport holders of the following countries/territories who may apply for a VOA: Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, and Vanuatu.  

In addition, passport holders of the following countries/ territories may enter Thailand without a visa under a bilateral agreement: Cambodia (14 days), Myanmar (14 days), Hong Kong (30 days), Lao PDR. (30 days, Macau (30 days), Mongolia (30 days), Russia (30 days and VOA), Vietnam (30 days), Argentina (90 days), Brazil (90 days), Chile (90 days), Korea (ROK) (90 days), and Peru (90 days).

Kindly note that nationals of certain countries/territories are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Consulate-General in their country of residence or at the designated Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out if they are eligible to lodge the application.

Information on the location and contact number of Royal Thai Embassies and Consulate-Generals is available at www.thaiembassy.org.

To apply online, visitors may check their eligibility to do so at the official website of the Thailand Electronic Visa at www.thaievisa.go.th.

Thailand warmly welcomes travellers from all countries/territories with proof of either a certificate of vaccination or, for unvaccinated individuals a negative RT-PCR or professional ATK test result within 72 hours of travel. These can be in a print or digital format. Random checks will be made on arrivals at Thailand’s international airports or land border checkpoints (in 22 provinces).

While in Thailand, both vaccinated and unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers are advised to strictly follow the health and safety standards. Travellers who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms should get tested. If testing positive, they must get the appropriate medical treatment.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/08/thailand-grants-visa-extension-for-tourists-to-stimulate-upcoming-high-season/

• Like 2