Thanks PDoggg for letting me know and in doing so for giving me a seed of motivation to perhaps keep the Romscars going another year (2022!)...  If I do it, it will be towards the end of the year as in previous years... 

I just take this opportunity to reiterate that Emmy's Bar 2020 Bar of the Year Romscar was totally deserved in that it celebrated a small community's tenacity to overcome adversity after adversity during 2020 through heartfelt teamwork:  such community were Emmy, Teya, Sara and the farangs who helped with the online shows and those who watched the shows and bought the drinks.

Moreover: it was 2 of those farangs who get the credit for that Bar of the Year Diploma PDoggg showed above:  Blind Boy Grunt who came up with the diploma idea and the framing, and Quinn who turned one of my amateurish drawings into the best possible graphics with the colors of LBR, without which the dissemination of Emmy's endeavors and the help that followed would not have been possible.

Thanks again and Party On !

R

• Like 2

why, thank you Rom.

Yes, Emmy as PD mentioned is still quite proud of the award. I guess it pleased her because as we all know she has never been able to compete with the big boys and even the not so big boys. Just being a small inconsequential bar out in the badlands on the periphery of the known universe. She, like a lot of bars had big problems last year, and still have to be honest, the customers are still not here, especially for specifically LB bars.

Saying that i was told last night that she was busy with a quite a few BMs from LBR and LBP the previous night. Always good to see them making the trek over. I wasn't there but well done guys.

The new Emmy bar is slowly but surely coming together nicely. Unfortunately, no ST room, mainly because of the lack of shower facilities in the room that is available. But as ever Teya has decided on a compromise solution... a BJ room! So, there ya go!

And a word of praise for young Teya... her loyalties to Emmy are indeed manifold. Many LBs are having to seek custom by walking the streets usually in the Soi Buck area. Sometimes at Emmy's because the girls are all freelance operatives you may find only Emmy and Teya around, but you may also sometimes find 4-5 others there, hard to know at the moment! The girls have to try to survive. it seems that 2 nights back there were 4 there besides Teya. Including another visit from Alice.

it seems that many bars are having problems recruiting, understandable i suppose. Only a foolish bar owner would pay salaries nowadays.

Sara managed to find paid work at DD Inn with Poppy. She is doing okay.

The livestream's, they were never designed to help the bar really, Emmy herself made little for the bar, they were done to help the staff really, and did so.

You mentioned the capabilities of Quinn too. Yes, he did a good job with the award, but his proudest achievement was [i have to say it] reviving the declining career of Australia's ex-premier male model, one Jimmy Cargopants.  Until Quinn made the famous [Jimmy might say notorious] Cosmopolitan magazine edition, Jimmy's career had hit the rocks.  Since that edition though, He has reached the top of the tree again. He is too modest to mention it but has now been named the new face of 'Help The Aged' Australia... Well done Jimmy, well done Quinn.

And well done Rom for not catching Bold font disease.........

:drinks:

• Like 3

Thanks Blind Boy Grunt !  While I have your attention allow me to wonder out loud why Emmy never reacted to my little tribute here at the Romscars Club to make up for not giving her the the 2021 Bar of the Year Romscar (Check-In BKK more deservedly bagged it).  Did Emmy even see it?  If not, maybe u and Quinn can repackage it as the Fuck Covid and Party On ! 2021 Romscar Award for The Little Bar That Could.  So she can hang next to the other one...

I was planning to compose, frame and hand it to her myself last December when I was set to go to TH, which I never went.  I am about to go back to SEA, but just the PH...  So the cartoon is passing expiration as the Romscars limelight turns to 2022...

So do as you think better with it, if anything.  If you dont think it's worth bothering pls just ask Emmy to looksee it here (i am too bashful to PM her for that).

Cheers

1433639550_TheLittleBarThatCould2021.jpg.548bd73c1ef833783b294b184a11bb5b.jpg.556d0b40ea7a0e1ddbcc987c7c58ea28.jpg

• Like 2

i honestly don't know if she saw it or not Rom.  When did you post? Was it during the lockdown here?  I didn't see Emmy for something like 9 months of last year due to being out of action myself.

But fear ye not i'll mention it when i see her.  If Quinn can turn it into a poster, i'll even get it framed for the bar wall. Quick Quinn before QG gets hold of it!

I'm never too sure what Emmy looks at on the forum because some posts are over her head with her lack of English. Certainly she checks her club of course.

When it's framed i'll post a pic here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

And well done Rom for not catching Bold font disease.........

:drinks:

4 hours ago, Rom said:

Fuck Covid and Party On ! 2021 Romscar Award for The Little Bar That Could.  .

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Quick Quinn before QG gets hold of it!

Oh No!!! Bold Font Disease is spreading faster than Omicron! Even bbg has it now! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

i honestly don't know if she saw it or not Rom.  When did you post? Was it during the lockdown here?  I didn't see Emmy for something like 9 months of last year due to being out of action myself.

But fear ye not i'll mention it when i see her.  If Quinn can turn it into a poster, i'll even get it framed for the bar wall. Quick Quinn before QG gets hold of it!

I'm never too sure what Emmy looks at on the forum because some posts are over her head with her lack of English. Certainly she checks her club of course.

When it's framed i'll post a pic here.

I posted the cartoon in the link below along with a mushy retake on Thomas the Tank Engine.    Tell you what:  you and Quinn do a framed diploma with the choo-choo train cartoon.  And Quiet Guy another with the text...   The idea is to get everyone on Board the Jomtien Love Express...

Edited by Rom
Bold + Italic + Font Size 16 + Blue color + Yellow highlight. If it feels good, DO IT !
  • Like 1

Looks great BBG & Quinn!  Thanks. 

Rather than tell Emmy to looksee here, I would surprise her and give her (BBG give) the whole framed enchilada in the bar, preferably in front of Teya and farangs.   But since the cat is out of the bag, it's up to you (BBG) whether you give it right away or she looksees here...

Again, nice job and intent gentlemen.

PS  - And credit goes to PDoggg also for starting the chain of events that led to this good-doing...

• Like 3