Time for another Romscar announcement.  As you can see, the announcements will be popping at any time (as my own time allows) and once they do the respective category is closed.   This to say that BMs can still vote or opine for the other not-yet announced categories and I will take your views into account.  But I am no longer prodding the votes, so you will have to speak up and speak up soon as I plan to have the Romscars and the Hall of Legends wrapped up by end-year.  So without further ado, the next Romscar to be attributed is in the category of:

BM-Ladyboy Couple of 2020 that goes to lovebirds Stoolpusher & Dao who in 2020 took their 5 year love affair to the next level: they built their dream house.  ' Nuff said. That's worth the Romscar !

stoolpusher  romscars 2.jpg

• Like 7

Now that its official....

Thanks so so much Rom :hi:, we really do appreciate your award and will cherish it for all it's worth and an early congrats to the award winners of the next categories .

What a cool bit of artwork to , my mum was an artist so I do appreciate your talent and not needing to use a computer program to create something and call it art  .

I tip my hat to you Rom :hi:.

Cheers mate.

SP and Dao .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rom said:

BM-Ladyboy Couple of 2020 that goes to lovebirds Stoolpusher & Dao

Well deserved!    :drinks:

Herberth and his better half should certainly be contenders for Barowner of the Year.  Delirious Bar on numerous occasions distributed free food during the Covid crisis to Thais whose incomes dried up overnight.  Giving back to those less fortunate in the community even when your bar's income halts abruptly is admirable.   

He's a very personable guy who came up with a unique concept, premium whisky, hard rock music, and ladyboys on one of the more charming sois of Sin City, Soi Pothole.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Well deserved!    :drinks:

Herberth and his better half should certainly be contenders for Barowner of the Year.  Delirious Bar on numerous occasions distributed free food during the Covid crisis to Thais whose incomes dried up overnight.  Giving back to less fortunate in the community even your bar income halts abruptly is admirable.   

He's a very personable guy who came up with a unique concept, premium whisky, hard rock music, and ladyboys on one of the more charming sois of Sin City, Soi Pothole.   

Agreed Mr.P

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

:drinks:  Herberth and his better half should certainly be contenders for Barowner of the Year.  Delirious Bar on numerous occasions distributed free food during the Covid crisis to Thais whose incomes dried up overnight.  Giving back to less fortunate in the community even when your bar's income halts abruptly is admirable.   

... plus he stocks Beer Lao dark (possibly one of the best malt liquors in the world) AND he treated me to some on the house...  As of now, 2 BM "Ayes" plus my own concurrence makes Herberth the frontrunner for Bar Owner of the Year and Delirious a TOP10 bar of the year contender.

Sorry but "Nays" carry no weight in the Romscars as it is all about positivity (as in the Romscars first tenet "be nice for the sake of being nice").  The negative stuff is best left ignored as I used to do at PY which left the hater pricks even more frustrated.  Yes!... perhaps in the initial enthusiasm of the new D club we were seeing too many brands of Scotch threads in the New Content list, but so what?  It happened with ALL clubs, including the Romscars, as we sought to claim our space in the Board.

Anyone else has anything NICE to say about any fellow BM who deserves to be acknowledged for his mongering deeds and/or Board contributions in 2020 ?   I am thinking of awarding next the Romscars for TR of the Year and Photographer of the Year and the frontrunners as of now are Snoop and Bumblebee...

• Like 4

For me, it is no contest for photographer: it has to be Mr. Bumblebee. Not only is he able to take excellent titillating and flattering shots of the transgender objects of our desire, but he is also able to magnificently capture the daily life of the inhabitants and visitors of SE Asia during his long walks, exploring the nooks and crannies of wherever he happens to be. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rom said:

Sorry but "Nays" carry no weight in the Romscars as it is all about positivity (as in the Romscars first tenet "be nice for the sake of being nice").  The negative stuff is best left ignored as I used to do at PY which left the hater pricks even more frustrated.  Yes!... perhaps in the initial enthusiasm of the new D club we were seeing too many brands of Scotch threads in the New Content list, but so what?  It happened with ALL clubs, including the Romscars, as we sought to claim our space in the Board.

just to put you right Rom...my comment wasn't a nay vote... it was simply a comment replying to PDs.

i care not what pretentious bullshit delerious posts now if it still does, i don't see it

but no, it didn't happen at ALL clubs including the romscars. Herberth went way over the line

but anyway my vote was long ago cast TJs way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sylvester said:

it has to be Mr. Bumblebee.

6 hours ago, Sylvester said:

to magnificently capture the daily life of the inhabitants and visitors of SE Asia during his long walks

My opinion as well.

Anyone can buy an expensive camera and set up fancy lightning in a studio, but catching that very special moment is a different story. BB is the best photographer in our community. (BBG as a close runner up.)

• Like 1

I find it hard to vote for someone in these awards, as for example I know BB and SP much more than I do others. It becomes an acquaintance vote. Votes cast cannot be identified by others, because they are incognito.

I admire the concept and work put in by Rom, but wonder how many BM's can put forward a vote, without knowing the candidates full credentials.

Anyway I demand a recount in some catagories, and am asking my lawyers to investigate. I think fake news has something to do with the results.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rom said:

... plus he stocks Beer Lao dark (possibly one of the best malt liquors in the world) AND he treated me to some on the house...  As of now, 2 BM "Ayes" plus my own concurrence makes Herberth the frontrunner for Bar Owner of the Year and Delirious a TOP10 bar of the year contender.

Anyone else has anything NICE to say about any fellow BM who deserves to be acknowledged for his mongering deeds and/or Board contributions in 2020 ?   I am thinking of awarding next the Romscars for TR of the Year and Photographer of the Year and the frontrunners as of now are Snoop and Bumblebee...

Herberth must be doing something right, apart from getting punters in his bar he also gets other bar owners drinking there regularly. I don't drink alcohol bit I have to say he sure does stock his bar some all kinds of refreshments that I have not seen in other bars and of course he is now getting copied by other bars .

I have already voted for Emmy for bar owner ,is it permitted to have two votes? ( I am undesired on who to pick ) 

• Like 1

Not that I enjoy when BMs point out the weak points of the Romscars, but you are right Woodie.  The participatory nature of the Romscars greatly reduces the awards to a popularity contest.  It’s only human to see greater merit in those we are close to.  And if one sees greater merit in someone else, it’s also only human to keep one’s mouth shut not to disappoint those we are close to.  This type of biases affects far more important subjective recognition awards like the Oscars, Nobels, Ballon d’Or, Sexiest Man Alive, Playmate of the Year, etc. etc.

But in general, winners of peer voted awards tend to be outstanding enough and I think this also applies to the Romscars.  My PY-forced status as the rogue of the ladyboy punters community who “hides in the shadows” (as the #1 PY prick described me) confers me as much detachment as any ladyboy-proficient BM can have from the relatively small network of BKK & Pattaya regulars that dominate the ladyboy scene.  You guys try to think of another BM who would be more impartial than me ?  I even proposed Kendo for consideration to the Hall of Legends… And no it was not a wind up.  Why do I do it?  Why do I put so much time into this Romscars shenanigans? labor-of-love?  ego trip? That’s a topic for a separate thread...

Right now, the show must go on and I will come back with another winner as soon as I put drawing pen to paper.

R

PS EDIT  this post was supposed to come right after Woodie's but SP got one in while I typed.  Yes as many votes as you like are permitted.  At PY I used to tally multiple votes fractionally (0.5+0.5;  0.33+0.33+0.33; etc...).   Here the vote numbers are too small to bother to count and consensus sort of emerges and I take note of it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rom said:

Not that I enjoy when BMs point out the weak points of the Romscars, but you are right Woodie.  The participatory nature of the Romscars greatly reduces the awards to a popularity contest.  It’s only human to see greater merit in those we are close to.  And if one sees greater merit in someone else, it’s also only human to keep one’s mouth shut not to disappoint those we are close to.  This type of biases affects far more important subjective recognition awards like the Oscars, Nobels, Ballon d’Or, Sexiest Man Alive, Playmate of the Year, etc. etc.

But in general, winners of peer voted awards tend to be outstanding enough and I think this also applies to the Romscars.  My PY-forced status as the rogue of the ladyboy punters community who “hides in the shadows” (as the #1 PY prick described me) confers me as much detachment as any ladyboy-proficient BM can have from the relatively small network of BKK & Pattaya regulars that dominate the ladyboy scene.  You guys try to think of another BM who would be more impartial than me ?  I even proposed Kendo for consideration to the Hall of Legends… And no it was not a wind up.  Why do I do it?  Why do I put so much time into this Romscars shenanigans? labor-of-love?  ego trip? That’s a topic for a separate thread...

Right now, the show must go on and I will come back with another winner as soon as I put drawing pen to paper.

R

PS EDIT  this post was supposed to come right after Woodie's but SP got one in while I typed.  Yes as many votes as you like are permitted.  At PY I used to tally multiple votes fractionally (0.5+0.5;  0.33+0.33+0.33; etc...).   Here the vote numbers are too small to bother to count and consensus sort of emerges and I take note of it.

Bloody Hell, SP again!.

Time for another Romscar ...

2020 was the year the world was paralyzed by covid, which mongeringwise meant no sex tourism trips, absent which much fewer TRs than usually were posted and one would think 2020 would be a poor vintage year for TRs.  Think again!  It was a pretty remarkable vintage, especially at PY where some damn good TRs were produced.  I nominated them with highlights on p. 1, so I will just repeat the authors' names:   Paleface, maxgrillo, 666999, Ari33, and DMP 1969.   Plus The-Sith for his ongoing covid oblige non-TR that won one of my organizer's ad hoc Romscars.  Well done gentlemen!

Alas the Romscar for Best TR of the Year goes to a very special TR posted right here at LBR that does not need the home field advantage to come out on top.  I am talking about snoopdawg's mother-of-all-TRs spanning multiple trips over a decade chronicling how ladyboy addiction inexorably takes over and changes a man's path from what would have been his default path.  I think we can all relate to that storyline and the joys and opportunity costs it entails.  Snoop cast himself as a "cock wampire" mercilessly seeking new ladyboy blood, notwithstanding the empathy he shows for his victims... 

TR existentialisms aside, Snoop was a true BM pal at PY where he would post to defend me from the threadfucker moderation there unleashed on my TRs.   Plus, you may or may not have noticed this, Snoop graciously acknowledges ALL other BMs' TRs by giving out 'spurts' of likes sequentially to as many posts in a TR as his daily quota allows.  So, to conclude on a personal note, this is the 2020 Romscar I am most pleased to award.  Well done Mr. Dracula.  Think of me as the misunderstood Frankenstein monster of PY and let's team up soon to terrorize some ladyboys and write a co-TR about it...

Rom

1753355699_snoopvampire.jpg.92d21233e012596596a427226071a543.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Rom said:

I am talking about snoopdawg's mother-of-all-TRs spanning multiple trips over a decade chronicling how ladyboy addiction inexorably takes over and changes a man's path from what would have been his default path. 

Fantastic TR Snoop and a very well deserved Romscar!   :drinks:

And here comes the Romscar that if I do not award in line with the unanimous wishes of the BMs who posted might get me banned from LBR too.   I was initially thinking of giving it out to Loverboy over at PY for his enticing Ladyboy Mansion concept thinking that no other shoot during 2020 gathered so many ladyboys in sexy gear.  Ever the well-informed one, Pdoggg pointed me in the direction of Bumblebee's beach follies which took place in January 2020 with the TJ's Cockettes in the skimpiest possible bikinis allowed in public in the Kingdom. 

Loverboy still gets one of my ad hoc Romscars for 2020 Photo Journalist of the Year for his coverage of the Ladyboy Mansion sex fantasy he staged ...  (will someone pls tell him ?...)

... and the Romscar for 2020 Photographer of the Year goes to TJ's photographer-in-residence and LBR beloved admin Bumblebee.   The accolades previously posted by BMs in support of attributing the Romscar to him already said it all about his dedication to photographing ladyboys at their best, including unstaged pics, and continuously sharing them with our mongers' community here and at PY.  I would add only that the fact that so many BMs publicly expressed their support here at the Romscars Club (where some of them had until then avoided posting) says even more about the man than the photographer...

Keep on clicking Bumblebee...

bumblebeach.jpg.83a5345deeb5c383c479e67e79196004.jpg

Romscars Behind-the-Scenes Report:   Believe it or not Bumblebee did the whole TJ's beach shoot lying down on the sand on his belly because that was the only way he managed to hide his raging hard-on from the innocent models provoking it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Rom said:

Believe it or not Bumblebee did the whole TJ's beach shoot lying down on the sand on his belly because that was the only way he managed to hide his raging hard-on from the innocent models provoking it.

Well I did try initially to convince them it was a novelty tripod but they weren’t buying it:)  Appreciate the recognition Rom and all the guys here, thanks,  those two days on the beach with the TJs crew were easily the nightlights of my afternoon beach strolls last trip.  It’s just a shame I, along with many others, couldn’t be back there for the end of this year, when no doubt plenty more photos would be coming online about now.  Next year hopefully. 

45 minutes ago, Sylvester said:

I am a big fan of BB’s black and white shots:

When you have someone like Teya, who can play to the camera, it really makes the difference, and the B&W enhance her seductive side for sure.

• Like 4