7/11 Stamps

Pdoggg

As Emmy got me a Thai mobile sim I rang Jomtien Hospital this morning. Recorded message said to press 9 for call back which i did.

Two and a half hours later nothing. So I rang again, this time holding on for 10 minutes to get through to someone. Her English wasn't too good but I explained I had not received my PCR test result from Sunday. She checked and it seems they had my email address wrong, with a 'n' where there should have been an 'm'.

She said another email with result would be sent. That was two hours ago, not received as yet.

• Upvote 1

Still not received email, so I just rang again. Got through to same lady as yesterday fairly quickly. She says they had my email address as ********@yahoo.com.

It should be *********@yahoo.co.uk. Which is what I put on the form I filled in at hospital. 

I spelt out my email address for her and she said she would request nurse to send another email with test result, which I should receive by noon today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Still not received email, so I just rang again. Got through to same lady as yesterday fairly quickly. She says they had my email address as ********@yahoo.com.

It should be *********@yahoo.co.uk. Which is what I put on the form I filled in at hospital. 

I spelt out my email address for her and she said she would request nurse to send another email with test result, which I should receive by noon today.

Oh dear. These professionals. Have you registered the thai phone number with them? She's probably on a smoke break right now.

I trust e-mail here at home but not so much in Thailand.

However If you need to contact a nurse or doctor here you have to use an app  where you use a personal ID login on your phone.

I believe e-mails are not 'trusted' with medical info.

You are a patient man. I'd be at the counter at Jomtien Hospital fuming. Unmasked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

You are a patient man. I'd be at the counter at Jomtien Hospital fuming. Unmasked.

QG?... Unmasked? more chance of LIly becoming a Nun.

i'm still marveling at his masks, they are works of art. We had the Concorde one, and the Submarine Conning tower one complete with escape hatch.

The last i saw, i'm sure must have been soaked in bleach and/or hydrochloric acid for 3 days. I have never seen anything so bright white. Honestly when the sun hit it it was like those searchlights you seen in the WW2 movies.

2 hours ago, seven said:

She's probably on a smoke break right now.

brilliant Seven!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Despite my best intentions of avoiding close encounters, bbg kept telling me covid is no big deal and I succumbed last night. If I get covid I will blame bbg!

you deaf ol' cowpoke! we were talking about seafood.. i said 'they're ain't any Squid in Pattaya, not covid!

obviously Covid is all over the town, ya can tell by the 100s of 1000s of bodies foaming in the heat...

anyway, don't you be a-worrying about that sort of thang.. i'm more concerned about Teya's future career now......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Sitting for six hours(!) in Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Then a thirteeen hour flight to UK, then adjustment to time difference.

Oh, holiday finnit already  :(

Can you buy me menthol smokes before you leave? Send from UK. They're banned here. Please.

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Sitting for six hours(!) in Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Then a thirteeen hour flight to UK, then adjustment to time difference.

Do you guys find there is a difference in jetlag between flying West to East or the other way?. I alway suffer more going West to East. Apparently there is some mathematical reason for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seven said:

Oh, holiday finnit already  :(

Can you buy me menthol smokes before you leave? Send from UK. They're banned here. Please.

Actually quite looking forward to getting home now.

No duty free cigs! I can't encourage that evil habit. Get a menthol vape and wean yourself off nicotine. Even bbg says he will give it a go!