7/11 Stamps

Pdoggg

Just now, Quietguy said:

Oh no! What you do now for entertainment?!

wait patiently every day to check out your designer masks QG!  my fave is still the first one, the one that seemed to be built from scaffolding.. The Concorde one,

plus of course you belting out Mr Tambourine Man last night could [with a great stretch of goodwill] be called entertainment.....

I should explain that Emmy asked why bbg's forum name is blind boy grunt. I asked her if she knew Bob Dylan. bbg said there wasn't any point in trying to explain.

Actually Emmy had heard of Bob Dylan, and those two songs I sang to help her understand. It wasn't for bbg's appreciation.

• Like 1

only reason Emmy had heard of BD was because i put a track on the bar playlist which she downloaded..

29 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

It wasn't for bbg's appreciation.

thank god!

35 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Has he written any songs since then?

well now, 3 or 4 maybe.... i doubt he sold recently the rights to only 2 songs for 300 million dollars. [That's an actual figure QG, not a Patteryar Mail fantasy figure...

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I'm going to mosey down to the Dongtan 7/11 for an iced coffee and a pastry.

Thanks for the heads up bbg + PD. I had a nice iced expresso and cinammon raisin roll. I will make this a regular mid-morning/mid- afternoon coffee stop.

I should have taken pic before consuming.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 13.05.46.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

You haven't been playing simple twist of fate now , have you?

that one could be a bit over the head Seven... it's after '64.

honestly i kid you not, hearing the Poke belting out tambourine man last night if i had closed my eyes i could have been in Greenwich Village circa '63.

it was similar last week too, listening to PD Elvis. Soi 3 felt like the Vegas strip.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

hearing the Poke belting out tambourine man

There's Midnight Cowboy but the bars close 11.  Rhinestone Cowboy but we ain't gay. :homoswitch:

There is even Cowboy Casanova.   Cowboys are known to play geetars and banjos but a Cowpoke with a tambourine is a new one for me.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:52 PM, duke007 said:

Jeez, they will be having dancing poles next :biggrin:

Gotta ask, can you hear that famous 7/11 sound whilst sat at your tables when people go in and ou of the supermarket ? 

i just imagine what this sound means to Thai working at 7/11..listening to this sound 8/10 hours...i would go in complete paranoia

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

wait patiently every day to check out your designer masks QG!

Land of Smiles? Thailand may have more face masks laws than anywhere on the planet

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/land-smiles-thailand-may-more-114353086.html

Thailand is justifiably known as the Land of Smiles, yet now the 70 million friendly faces of this picturesque nation are constantly hidden due to its strict face mask laws.

This popular Asian destination has endured a stop-start reopening to tourists. Having relaxed its hotel quarantine from 14 nights down to just one, its borders were closed again following the emergence of omicron. But now its Test & Go regime is back, with vaccinated overseas travellers once again welcome – so long as they return negative results on days 1 and 5.

So Thailand is back on holiday menus. But prospective visitors should be aware that mask use has become something of an obsession. People cover their faces while swimming, toddlers must wear them at certain times, and failure to mask up – even on an empty beach or in isolated forest – can incur a £440 fine. Even the country’s Prime Minister was financially penalised for not covering his face during a meeting last year.

It has been this way since April last year, when the Thai Government announced it was compulsory for every adult to wear a mask in public, including outdoors, except while eating or drinking.

-

The downside is that wearing a mask at all times in public is unpleasant. As we’ve all experienced, breathing through a mask is uncomfortable even in cool climates, let alone in the volcanic heat and stifling humidity of Thailand.

5f3b5f0d4ff13a7b3a69c5257be5ddb2.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, Quietguy said:

Nine days, but there's a story to that I'll tell after I get my result.

Well I still haven't got result from second PCR test I took at Jomtien Hospital on Sunday 23rd.

I attended there on time. On door I was asked to show last PCR test certificate. The man said today was 8th day after landing so I couldn't get free 2nd PCR test and would have to pay 2,000 Baht if I wanted private PCR test. I pointed out to him that it clearly stated on note 'Sunday 23rd January, 9-11am' for second test. But he insisted I had to pay as it was after Day 7.

I wanted to get it over with so I agreed to pay the 2,000 Baht. I was taken to Cashier and paid by credit card as I didn't have enough cash with me.

Test was done and I was out within 10 minutes.

I still have not received any notification of result. I am assuming it was negative, as I took an ATK test in condo on Monday which was negative. But it would be good to have an official clinic confirmation.

A BM on Pattaya Addicts forum today said he got his negative confirmation on his phone from Jomtien Hospital the same night after taking test in morning.

So I don't know what happened to my test result.

Anyway anyone yet to take 2nd PCR test be sure to do it within Day 5-7 of landing (Day 0), or you will have to pay for it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I pointed out to him that it clearly stated on note 'Sunday 23rd January, 9-11am' for second test. But he insisted I had to pay as it was after Day 7.

This is how I see the whole process of the PCR test just a great opportunity to get money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I still have not received any notification of result. I am assuming it was negative, as I took an ATK test in condo on Monday which was negative. But it would be good to have an official clinic confirmation.

So what will you do? How long are you there for?

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

This is how I see the whole process of the PCR test just a great opportunity to get money.

Exactly. Add all the stress involved with these tests and the mishaps QG just told us about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seven said:

Exactly. Add all the stress involved with these tests and the mishaps QG just told us about.

I know I have said this sentiment before but I used to find it stressful enough on our normal pre pandemic trips with all the planning and all the pieces that had to come into place to make the trip the very best it could be. These times it's like we are hammered before we start off the blocks !   :drinks:

• Like 3