7/11 Stamps

Pdoggg

If there was a Romscar for Best 7/11, the one at Pratumnak Beach would certainly be a contender with 9 outdoor tables where you quaff 39 baht Leos while playing backgammon without the interference of bargirls.

With Covid restrictions there are no chairs at the tables but at sunset tonight there was a gathering of the great unmasked sitting on the steps drinking beer in a KGB convention of sorts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

If there was a Romscar for Best 7/11, the one at Pratumnak Beach would certainly be a contender with 9 outdoor tables where you quaff 39 baht Leos while playing backgammon without the interference of bargirls.

Sounds like Heaven PD :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

20211007_200624_copy_1612x1209.jpg

My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table.   Not sure what happens if you try to move a chair and sit with a friend.   Nice view facing the sea.  I did see some empty beer bottles on the tables.   

The extra hour before curfew feels like Daylight Savings Time.  More people seem to be congregating at restaurants and I see beer bottles in some and mugs in others.   Enforcement seems to be lax but I don't want to end up in the Pattaya Mail.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

20211007_200624_copy_1612x1209.jpg

My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table.   Not sure what happens if you try to move a chair and sit with a friend.   Nice view facing the sea.  I did see some empty beer bottles on the tables.   

The extra hour before curfew feels like Daylight Savings Time.  More people seem to be congregating at restaurants and I see beer bottles in some and mugs in others.   Enforcement seems to be lax but I don't want to end up in the Pattaya Mail.

'My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table.   Not sure what happens if you try to move a chair and sit with a friend.   Nice view facing the sea.  I did see some empty beer bottles on the tables.   

The extra hour before curfew feels like Daylight Savings Time.  More people seem to be congregating at restaurants and I see beer bottles in some and mugs in others.   Enforcement seems to be lax but I don't want to end up in the Pattaya Mail'

As exhilarating as that may sound PD, it still doesn't have me wanting to rush and travel the 6500 miles to experience. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, duke007 said:

As exhilarating as that may sound PD, it still doesn't have me wanting to rush and travel the 6500 miles to experience. :biggrin:

So I take it you will not be going to Chanthaburi province which has just banned all alcohol sales.  Think Famous had a Road Trip there.     :biggrin:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/7/2021 at 10:49 PM, duke007 said:

'My favorite 7/11 now has 8 tables outside with just 1 chair per table. 

My favorite 7/11 now has 16 tables.   I like to go out out late so tonight went out at 10 PM to the 7/11. Very strange that bars have to  close at 9PM but you can buy beer at the 7/11 and drink at a proper table much later.  The cops did show up at 11:30, turned on the swirling lights and the staff started taking away the chairs. No worry that customers would be busted though.  The police know there would be hell to pay if customers were arrested at tables provided by  7/11.  

I guess some of you may not mind going out at 6PM since bars close at 9PM but it's just not for me and body clock.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:52 AM, duke007 said:

Gotta ask, can you hear that famous 7/11 sound whilst sat at your tables when people go in and ou of the supermarket ? 

No.  The tables on the lower level are quite a distance away.   

Not sure if the door even has that sound.  Perhaps the sound is disabled? Or I'm immune to it?  :coldb: I'll check it out on my next visit.

that's just bragging, the bastard. NO info on how to get R DONE.  I hate asshats like that haha. I know it's possible, just too phone stupid to figure out how. Plus my cheap dumbphone prolly can't handle it. I'll hit that google search you posted and look for real info :) Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

Plus my cheap dumbphone prolly can't handle it.

Chances are it won't.

I am clueless when it comes to tech but somehow managed to download one on my Samsung.  Biggest snag I hit was forgetting my Google Play Password but after sorting that out managed to set it as my ringtone.

What I downloaded has some traffic noise as well as the 7/11 tune.  That's OK though and it does work.

However 99% of my calls are on the Line App which comes with 4 default tones and also some optional paid ringtones to download which I ain't paying for.

well, ain't that stupid after all...it's on the phone.  Yeah, I have the same ringtone, appears to be one of FEW on the web, another has the tone and WELCOME. It would not be hard to find a 7/11 LATE at night when there is little to no traffic, and go in and out of the door sensor a few times to get a good recording.  Guess it's not all that popular but IS somewhat so as there are a number of ringtone sites that have that in short, medium and long format (guess they just slow the recording down a bit, changes the tone tho).   For backup, if I want a somewhat irritating one I have a rooster crowing or that group singing WHO CAN IT BE NOW.... haha.  Thanks for providing that lil push to get it done with your reply post and url. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

that group singing WHO CAN IT BE NOW.

That group! That group! Come on man. That is none other than Men At Work. You uncultured swine.

Just joking mate. There is some nostalgia in the 7/11 sound I guess but it would drive me mad hearing it all the time.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, Pdoggg said:

I've always been confused about 7/11 stamps.  Was even more complicated to me than the old LaBamba discount card. 

Today, I started googling around looking at old info, but it appears that there are two things that you can do with these stamps.   Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) You can redeem them for any purchase which is a surprise to me.

2) You can save them up for special stuff that looks mostly like junk to me.

I think in general, for every 50 baht you spend that you get one stamp.  But certain items gives you bonus stamps.  I think at some point they expire but I have no idea when the current promotion expires.

If anyone knows about this stuff, please fill us in!   :hi:

I haven't been given any 7/11 stamps this trip. The receipt I get has a QR code on it. Has that replaced the stamps?

• Haha 1