7/11 Stamps

Pdoggg

8 hours ago, seven said:

Ok, thanks. Yeah, we need more 7/11 stores now.

Don't take my word for it, but Ive heard that each new 7/11 store , will have their own exclusive stamp promotion. Meaning you need to visit each and every new store in order take part of the campaign.

wow! great! that would be like a free paid holiday....PD...get the itinerary planned... Quinn...we need a map too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

about time this topic had a bump..

and 7-11 have provided just the right opportunity in these dark doom-laden days.... it's christmas!

so here's the exciting stuff... hold on to your hats...... a new festive coffee cup now in 7-11 stores! they even have a pic of santa on them.. [or it could be Quinn maybe]

and even better... they have a little gift tag on the back where you can write a message and send it to your love... i'm sending one to Annabelle.

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

• Like 2

oh well, it just goes to show that even when things are moving along nicely, something can always happen to cause disappointment and consternation. It seems that life truly is not always a bed of roses. Yesterday was one of those days. Things had been going along swimmingly for some time, me finding a 3 storey 7-11 and Pdoggg having a new big store opening near him. How wonderful life was.

so Grunt! what has happened? i hear you all gasp with concern. Well i'll tell you, but please no PMs filled with sorrow and sympathy, it will take time but we will recover no doubt.

I met up with a certain moderator yesterday, but to preserve privacy i won't give you his name, i can tell you though that it wasn't the mod who lives in Ireland and wears XXXL size shirts nowadays {ha! i bet you thought we had all forgotten about that BB!]

anyway, that certain mod who is not Irish and myself had a coffee from the new Santa cups on the 2nd floor of the 3 storey 7-11. Wonderful, life was replete. To make the day even more exciting, we decided to mosey along the beach to the new store in pratumnak.

so, there we moseyed to find that the store has a new wonderful coffee machine with all the bells and whistles.. honestly it looked like a command console that has been designed for the moon-rocket that a certain Thai minister has announced recently will orbit the moon in 7 years time. Maybe sooner if they can obtain a strong-enough rubber band.

If it crashes into the moon they can always blame brake failure.

but i digress...

none of the staff knew how to work the damn thing, i'm not having a go at them by the way. I doubt that Bill Gates could have worked it either. We waited so long for the damn coffee that we actually took turns to stand in the queue. I kid you not.

eventually we got the drink to find.... it wasn't in the new cups! it was in the old design cups... can you believe that!?

so, don't worry about all the shit that is happening throughout the world...  shit happens here too.

:sad:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The 7-11 stores are a good investment,  a mate of mine ( who was banned from the other forum because they thought he was me ) that lives in Udon has just bought his 4th 7-11 and says they are a really good franchise to be in and way cheaper and less hassle than MacDonald's 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

there we moseyed to find that the store has a new wonderful coffee machine with all the bells and whistles.. honestly it looked like a command console that has been designed for the moon-rocket that a certain Thai minister has announced recently will orbit the moon in 7 years time. Maybe sooner if they can obtain a strong-enough rubber band.

I agree what you are saying about coffee thingy, BBG they do look scary and all the noises they make ,I will just stick to the instant 3 in 1 I have of a morning 

28 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

7-11 and says they are a really good franchise

Does a 7/11 franchisee have any protection against another 7/11 opening nearby?  I see many 7/11's close to one another and wonder if they have common ownership or perhaps are company owned.

No unfortunately,  as with any franchise there are strict rules on what you sell and for how much but John ( handbag on the other forum) did say he is very happy investing in them . 

He can do things a bit easier than us because he is a Thai but worked in the states for many years .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

so Grunt! what has happened? i hear you all gasp with concern. Well i'll tell you, but please no PMs filled with sorrow and sympathy, it will take time but we will recover no doubt.

Traumatic indeed. I know the stress and commitments expats have and how extremely busy you boys are. Dixon is busier than ever, why we haven’t heard from him in weeks. I’m afraid the stamps got the best of him.
Please try to relax and maybe find a day off during the  holidays.
I wish you, your friend the mod and all other board members a peaceful holiday season. 

• Like 1

Amazing thread. 

I was given stamps during my last trip in Thailand instead of half baht and quarter baht coins. I had gotten used to refuse little money like this. Now I can see that expats struggle to keep these stamps and value them. On the other hand, sex tourists are called cheap charlies when reluctant to throw 500 and 1,000 baht bills through the window. 

Even without Thai people, Thailand is an amazing country. 

BVNT1.png.750aea8e73c5ea676efb3dc25aba3a0c.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, seven said:

Please try to relax and maybe find a day off during the  holidays.

Happy Jeez day to you too Seven, and all.

but a day off?... some of us have had 10-15 years off! maybe i'll try to find a hobby soon..... i know what! i'll learn all about C/W music! that could lead to a jumping off balconies hobby....

happy jeez day Q-Guy.....

:yes:

• Like 2

okay then!

to be a bit more positive after the coffee events of 2 days back... Quinn and Chester may recall me questioning how you make batter [if anyone i.e Americans don't know what this is , it's a crispy flour and milk coating for fish, chicken etc]

here's the rub... all this cooking stuff is a tad complicated for me...

i even asked a Londoner too. And he had the nerve to suggest breadcrumbs as an alternative, which just goes to show that londoners are a bit soft and poofterish sometimes...

but never mind, because i have just been to 7-11 and what did i find? packs of batter on sale at 12 baht each!

my faith in 7-11 and humanity itself is restored...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, seven said:

Dixon is busier than ever

And apparently Quinn and Chester are also busy; all missing the first LBR 7/11 crawl which started at the 7/11 30 metres down Dongtan from the long time 7/11 at the curve where Thappraya Road becomes Jomty Beach Road.  This 7/11 has seating on three stories overlooking the sea and a free hong nam.  

21 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

we decided to mosey along the beach to the new store in pratumnak.

Only 2 weeks old, there are about 8 tables outside on the terrace.   Beer and coffee 65% cheaper than the fancy joint across the soi.  In some ways this place reminds me of the Pattaya Beer Garden except the beer is even cheaper.  I don't seek out the cheapest places as ambiance counts but when the best place is the cheapest then it's a no brainer.  I clocked a cute ladyboy behind the counter.  She's rather tall so I instinctively checked for her Adam's Apple.

orbit the moon in 7 years time

The ladyboy said forget the orbit and instead said she would like to lick the rings of Uranus!  :party0011:

We waited so long for the damn coffee that we actually took turns to stand in the queue

He obviously must have a fake barista certification.  The latte was delicious but 35 baht.  The Grunt informs me his local has the same latte for just 25 baht which is 10 stamps or 40 quarter satangs cheaper.   But I guess you pay for the view.

it wasn't in the new cups!

It wasn't Christmas cups with Santa bellowing Ho Ho Ho which would bring all the bargirls running to feel Santa's tumescent tool while sitting on his lap.  But it was red and sure looked like Christmas to me though truth be told I don't think there were 3 wise men or a virgin to be found.  Here's a pic because you weren't really there unless you post it on Fecebook or other social media.

20201217_175017_copy_1612x1209.jpg

6 hours ago, P&G said:

expats struggle to keep these stamps and value them. On the other hand, sex tourists are called cheap charlies when reluctant to throw 500 and 1,000 baht bills through the window.

Value For Money Guy is more PC but in Forumland there's lots of fake news to promote various agendas.  :biggrin:   Not a struggle for me to stick to my budget as I don't desire farang food, nights out drinking are the exception rather than the rule, and I prefer a peaceful, quiet life. 

• Like 3