Bolt Is Much Cheaper Than Grab

Pdoggg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The ride below could be as low as 40 baht for an Economy Grab car.  The drivers are usually very polite to get a good rating.  A Grab Motorbike for 1 person would be 32 baht.

================

Pattaya Police yesterday arrested a Thai motorcycle taxi rider who allegedly threatened foreign passengers with a knife over a fare disagreement.
Around early evening yesterday, April 13th, police officers were notified of a man who appeared to be waving a knife at foreign tourists on Pattaya Second Road near Soi 6/1.

The man, aged about 50-60 years old, was wearing a distinctive orange motorcycle taxi uniform. He was recorded by pedestrians as he outrageously tried to assault two unidentified foreign men with a knife. Many people both Thai and foreign alike tried to stop him, according to a recording.

After receiving a report, Pattaya Police conducted an intense investigation and quickly arrested the suspect, Mr. Worapol Naroj. The suspect is a motorbike taxi rider operating near Pattaya Night Bazaar. He claimed to the police that the passengers tried to halve his fare to 40 baht a person when they reportedly initially agreed on a fare of 80 baht per person.

The suspect said he picked up both foreigners from Central Beach Mall to take them to Soi 6. The foreigners remain unknown as of press time.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/14/pattaya-motorcycle-taxi-rider-who-allegedly-threatened-passenger-with-a-knife-over-40-baht-arrested/

1 hour ago, Splaten said:

Coming to Pattaya next week. Is the Bell bus from the airport to jomtien still operative?...

I think you are referring to what many of us call the Jomtien Bus.  It is running and I've taken it numerous times recently .  I think that the 21:00 bus goes to the Pattaya North Bus Station instead of the Jomtien Bus Station.   It's a great deal.  You can buy a ticket at the airport but there is a good chance the next bus will be sold out so you might want to book online and it's not that big of deal if you miss it given the 143 baht price.

SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT

-

Jomtien bus station

07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:0014:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18::00 19:00 20:00 21:00

Bus fare 143 baht per seat

https://rrcticket.com/customer/ticket/SelectRoute/Next?orig=BKK&_=0.485865880444047

=======================

The Bell Bus is a different animal and can only be booked online.  No tickets are available at the airport. At the Pattaya North Bus Station you get shifted to a van that brings you to your hotel.

https://belltravelservice.com/

=================================

Which is better?  Depends where you are staying and whether or not you have an active Sim card with a data plan.

If you are staying in Jomtien you take a baht bus for 10 baht on the main road.

If you are staying in Pattaya you cross the main road and take the bus for 10 baht to Pattaya. This is convenient for hotels close to 2nd Road.

If you have an active Sim card and a data plan then use the Bolt app and a Bolt car will run you from around 40-100 baht depending where you are staying.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 10:13 PM, Pdoggg said:

I think you are referring to what many of us call the Jomtien Bus.  It is running and I've taken it numerous times recently .  I think that the 21:00 bus goes to the Pattaya North Bus Station instead of the Jomtien Bus Station.   It's a great deal.  You can buy a ticket at the airport but there is a good chance the next bus will be sold out so you might want to book online and it's not that big of deal if you miss it given the 143 baht price.

SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT

-

Jomtien bus station

07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:0014:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18::00 19:00 20:00 21:00

https://rrcticket.com/customer/ticket/SelectRoute/Next?orig=BKK&_=0.485865880444047

=======================

The Bell Bus is a different animal and can only be booked online.  No tickets are available at the airport. At the Pattaya North Bus Station you get shifted to a van that brings you to your hotel.

Which is better?  Depends where you are staying and whether or not you have an active Sim card with a data plan.

If you are staying in Pattaya you cross the main road and take the bus for 10 baht to Pattaya. This is convenient for hotels close to 2nd Road.

If you have an active Sim card and a data plan then use the Bolt app and a Bolt car will run you from around 40-100 baht depending where you are staying.

Thanks for the update... appreciate. If not too tired from the flight I'll catch the jomtien bus.. 

On 4/15/2023 at 6:13 AM, Pdoggg said:

SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT

-

Jomtien bus station

=======================

Things must have changed. Pre covid if I got the bus to Pattaya North there seemed to be no way of getting to my hotel. Well nothing that was sign posted etc. I ended up stopping a baht bus going past and telling the driver that I would hire the whole bloody thing and don't stop for anyone else. Seemed a crazy setup

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...