Bolt Is Much Cheaper Than Grab

Bolt has launched in Pattaya and Bangkok. The price is significantly cheaper than Grab. 

There is a very low minimum. On their app it shows the fare from TJ's to Emmy's as only just 65 baht.  If riding alone, I can't justify paying the Grab price but if it is raining cats and dogs I can see myself using Bolt occasionally.

You can download from the Playstore or the Apple Store.

• Like 1

Took Bolt for the first time tonight. Reliable driver and car at at bargain prices especially for short trips.

Emmy's to Swampy is 1021 baht, a very good price but not extraordinary.  But the 30 baht minimum really works well for short hops such as New Bar to Delirious which is about 32 baht.

8 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

What happened to riding on the back of moped, or taking a baht bus.  You guys have too much spare money!

They're growing old and forgetting the time they loved Thailand as a country where you could get anything for hardly no money. It's sad to become old in one's mind. 

13 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

What happened to riding on the back of moped, or taking a baht bus.  You guys have too much spare money!

Wow if you are in Thailand and you can't afford to spend 32 baht then maybe you should not be there?

Yeah, i guess I'm a cheap charlie...or maybe just enjoyed the feeling of being on the back of a moped or riding with the locals on a baht bus. as opposed to what I ride in in the states

One of the most enjoyable things I ever did was taking a back of the moped food tour through HCM city in Saigon with my daughter on my last trip.

Sheesh, some people can't take a joke.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

Yeah, i guess I'm a cheap charlie...or maybe just enjoyed the feeling of being on the back of a moped or riding with the locals on a baht bus. as opposed to what I ride in in the states

One of the most enjoyable things I ever did was taking a back of the moped food tour through HCM city in Saigon with my daughter on my last trip.

Sheesh, some people can't take a joke.

Maybe people would know it was a joke if you used some emojis to portray that? Otherwise I am sorry we can't read your mind!

There is another app I discovered, InDriver, which has both cars and motobikes.   What makes this app unique is that you set the price which can be accepted or rejected.  But the Bolt prices are so low, that I would feel uncomfortable offering something lower than Bolt, even for a motobike.  If Bolt didn't exist I'd give InDriver a shot since Grab is a bit rich for my 500 baht a day expat budget.  Perhaps InDriver might be useful for guys who are willing to pay more than the going rate if they need a car at a peak time.   

Note, the pricing/value of Bolt, Grab, and InDriver might vary quite a bit by country/city.

I have never used the delivery companies when in Thailand , I prefer to go for a walk and see what is available for dinner. I do have places I go regularly in Pattaya for different meals depending on what I feel like. If it happens to be pissing down when I feel hungry then I just wait a while .

As far as a motorbike taxi or baht buss I use who ever comes past .  

• Like 1
On 10/17/2020 at 2:36 AM, Pdoggg said:

There is another app I discovered, InDriver, which has both cars and motobikes.   What makes this app unique is that you set the price which can be accepted or rejected.  But the Bolt prices are so low, that I would feel uncomfortable offering something lower than Bolt, even for a motobike.  If Bolt didn't exist I'd give InDriver a shot since Grab is a bit rich for my 500 baht a day expat budget.  Perhaps InDriver might be useful for guys who are willing to pay more than the going rate if they need a car at a peak time.   

Note, the pricing/value of Bolt, Grab, and InDriver might vary quite a bit by country/city.

Pdoggg,

You have given people  like me on this site so much useful and helpful for info. It has been a goldmine of tips, tools and tricks for navigating Southeast Asia and the world of ladyboys.  Whenever an acquaintance mentions an interest in Thailand and ladyboys, I always direct them to your site for information and tips. 

I will always remember the sage advice you and bumblebee, and others gave me on my first trip to Asia a few years ago. 

Just thought I would give you some props for all you do here.

RandiUno

• Like 1
On 10/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, Pdoggg said:

I am sure the guy from Ridez for kicks would try and beat the Bolt driver down!!!.