Why I like this Forum

bumblebee

Last night, I was ensconced in the Penthouse Suite of the Best Western Vancouver Downtown Inn (in - DUH - Vancouver BC) and I composed a very eloquent and emotional response to this thread on my iPad. It was so good, it had me in tears. Just as I was about to hit "POST" my iPad went "gaak!" and suddenly the screen went black. I scrambled to turn it back on and return to the site, only to find that my loving peon to this site was lost in the ether.

Gaaah! Damn technology. I've had this happen a few times with the iPad when composing responses to forum posts, both on this site and elsewhere. Very frustrating.

The gist of the response was that this site is my favorite for many reasons, but primary amongst them are community and immediacy.

The guys that inhabit this site are all at most 1 degree of separation apart, with PDogg as the central fulcrom. That leads to a much more personal and intimate sort of sharing, even in the midst of the mundane "saw x did y" posts that we throw up as a part of our online lives. This will inevitably change as the forum grows, or at least it better if we hope to still have an intimate forum to come to in future years. It will require new blood and a growing membership to pay the bills that a site like this generates, so hopefully our little "club" won't feel like a restricted clubhouse to those newbies that come along and wish to join.

I love the fact that so many of the old hands that I looked up to and learned from on TLF can now be found on here, at least infrequently - Kahuna, Pacman, Snick, Big Tel, Socrates, TT Chang, JimSlim, DonneyKey, BurenBoy/BumbleBee, PDogg... the list goes on and on. But I also recall how TLF felt when I was first posting there as a newbie who "knew it all" despite never having been to LOS. I can clearly remember MY thread about how I certainly wasn't gay, wasn't going to suck a cock, and certainly NEVER was going to allow anything larger than a tongue near my ass! I remember old hands like Kahuna who took me to task for this "No I Am NOT GAY" thread in some of the same ways that Ken related when talking about his experiences on another forum. I hope we all can remember that there was probably a time in each of our lives when we were scared and confused by this whole thing, and somehow find the patience or willingness to walk through it with new members here. Otherwise, if we run them off we might have a whole lot of nothing to show for it if the site cannot hold it's own. Ultimately, I doubt our little community is really enough to pay the bills so we all need to do what we can to help and grow the site so we can continue to have this great place to come together in unity and blah blah blah blah....

Sorry, I was beginning to hear choirs and rainbows as I was typing. Perhaps there was something in that Kool Aid PDogg kept trying to force on me back at LBR HQ (aka All Of Me Bar in Sunee Plaza).

The fact that the guys on here are (for the most part) actively involved in the scene and have a history is a real difference as well. When I need to know if Som is still hanging out at Nice 2 Bar, the place I would ask is here, as there are feet on the ground that can answer it. And the other sites all have a significant number of members who have never been to LOS and don't have any plans to change that.

With all that said, there's just something special about this site, and the fact that its Patriarch is a guy we all know and love. Can't say that about any of the other sites, can you?

The only thing this site is missing?

A thread about sharting.

Anyone want to get that base covered?

I don't exactly know that it's Ladyboyreview.com fare DT :bbq: , but try 'Poopreport', it's got a fabulous short story on the front cover entitled, "A woman's first shart" (a sensitively penned ditty about a sophisticated lady following through in lacy knickers), it had me literally glued to the screen :cold:, a riveting read. You could also try 'Squatty Potty', which is actually an advertising site for people with colonic difficulties, but it does truely elevate the subject out of the 'Skat' department.

Talking of which, I just so sincerely hope that 'skat' isn't the next direction that the Pattaya ladyboy scene sends itself in, what with every aresole & his wife now throwing non sensical parties for any semi tangible reason that they can possibly clutch at... For fucks sake, even Hansai at 'So What' is jumping on the bandwagon now!

Anyway, feeling free to discuss topics like 'Sharting' in a comfortable & non judgemental environment is much of the reason that I like this site!

That & Monsinure PDogg of course, our guiding light, the man who gave me shelter when the rest of the LB lovin' Forumworld was treating me like a porior after my banishment from PLB :vava: ... He picked me up, dusted me down & wiped the tears from my eyes, nurturing me & bathing me in kindness & encouragement, guiding me through my surpressed & closeted faggie, emotional, angst, to finally make me the upstanding poster that I am today with my behavioural problems now well & truely behind me!

God bless you PBogg :air_kiss: , I'd all but given up on Forumland & had left it behind for good, but I then initially jumped on here just because it's in my nature to back up friend if he’s doing something enterprising; that & it was also a way to carry on my correspondence with 'Willy the Pimp' & 'KenW' :friends: , my two old mates from the former life before banishment... And I stayed... Why?.. Because of the informal, cosy nature & level of interesting, clever & 'usually' mature posting; plus there was a whole new bunch of similarly tarnished like minded’s to play with, too many to mention, in fact.

In addition, many insights have been gleaned when I didn’t really think that there was hardly any more to learn about this scene & on top of that PDogg as allowed myself & others a 'virtually' free reign to express ourselves unencumbered, whilst intelligently & intuitively knowing when, if ever, to jump in & either take control or steer a topic/debate in either a different direction or to safer waters.

I also think that this site as so far been managed extremely well, by blokes who aren’t stupid & who also have a heart!

A hell of a lot of fun was had when this forum first started up, if not least because a completely clean canvas had been given to us all to work on... Shit, I was enjoying it so much that I even got back into drawing my ladyboy cartoons again & now I’m taking on ‘real’ money commissions :money: !.. So I’m cuffed to bits & just hope that the momentum can be kept going without too much change of ‘persona’ as the site grows, which it inevitably must. I'd actually emplore any new commers to have a trawl through some of the earlier threads, it'll be worth it!

Oh shit, I'm getting all emotional again , I'll have to return to this later, I'm getting overcome.. Where's that fuckin' box of tissues.

@BB, I actually think, ‘Am I gay’? Is a great topic for newbie’s & at the end of the day they will become the lifeblood of the site. I perfectly understand how you are fed up to the back teeth with it, as am I & virtually everyone else who’d hang around on a more ‘mature’ site like this one, but I really do feel that we have to do all we can to encourage new blood to post & encouraging topics like this one is a good way to do it.

:hi:

• Upvote 2

Monsinure PDogg of course, our guiding light, the man who gave me shelter when the rest of the LB lovin' Forumworld was treating me like a porior after my banishment from PLB...

God bless you PBogg :air_kiss: ... it was also a way to carry on my correspondence with 'Willy the Pimp' & 'KenW' :friends: , my two old mates from the former life before banishment...

@BB, I actually think, ‘Am I gay’? Is a great topic for newbie’s & at the end of the day they will become the lifeblood of the site. I perfectly understand how you are fed up to the back teeth with it, as am I & virtually everyone else who’d hang around on a more ‘mature’ site like this one, but I really do feel that we have to do all we can to encourage new blood to post & encouraging topics like this one is a good way to do it.

Mate, I hope Monsinure PBogg isn't sensitive about either shart or shart-evoking typos.

I have written elsewhere how it was you who brought me here to LBR (ooo I can hear FMs admonishing you for that sin), and I remain ever grateful. I too had been lost to Forumland.

If there is to be 'I am not gay' discussion, and as you say it's fair enough for those newly exploring LBs, femboys, Thailand, Asia, or their sexual identity, then I advocate most strongly it be confined to one thread or one area of the site.

It should never be allowed to mushroom as it did on Another Forum into something that seemed like the required mia culpa new members had to post before they were considered acceptable to the powers that be of that Another Forum. There were more bloody I am not gay posts bobbing up than there are cocks at Mardi Gras. To a guy of my type it was not only offensive but just plain stupid and ridiculous.

That's just my 2 bits worth. It's not like I'm trying to run the site or anything.

The guys that inhabit this site are all at most 1 degree of separation apart, with PDogg as the central fulcrom.

the fact that its Patriarch is a guy we all know and love. Can't say that about any of the other sites, can you?

No, not any that I know of!

1 degree of separation apart indeed, everyone either knows each other or knows PD and that makes this site feel like a special little club. And the new guys who are starting here as their first forum experience are getting in on the ground floor and can hopefully learn a lot from their time here.

Alright, boys...

The bromance has been had.

So, before anyone (KenW) accuses us of being gay lovers, lets pause on patting ourselves on the tush and get on with it...

Aren't we supposed to get in a circle and rub each others packages at this point?

I am not so active on any boards any more, mainly due to the fact that i am not that interested in the bar scene so much now, but more to the fact that i am too busy too check in every day.

However, was talking to the Duke today and he tld me to check in, so here i am.

I like here cos all the "clan" is here. However the login process really pisses me off! sorry PD but i have to login every time.

However the login process really pisses me off! sorry PD but i have to login every time.

KL, it's great to see you here! Yes, nearly the whole clan is here now. Sorry about your Steelers by the way. (You don't have to extend your condolences to my Seahawks - we're used to it here in Spokane).

Yes, this has come up for discussion many times. Unfortunately, PDogg probably cannot get this changed and until the forums become much more popular, I'd be surprised to see a change in this.

The variability is the thing that kills me. Over the past week, I had a run where I was logged in everytime I browsed to the site which lasted 2-3 days. Then later on the 3rd day, I'd have to re-log in every time I surfed back, even if it was only 30 minutes after my last login.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it only takes me 15 seconds to do it, and I love the banter and neighborhood here so I'm just gonna make it work. But believe me - it's been brought up many times. Hopefully something will change in the future, but for now - I've just chosen to live with it. It is what it is, and it's a minor annoyance at worse.

For well over a year once I logged on the site I stayed logged on. The only time I was logged off was when I completely closed down my computer. Now for some reason I have to sign in ALL of the time even if I leave the site for a minute. Drives me crazy and I dislike it. Very frustrating.

If I don't close my Browser or completely power down (at night on a PC Hibernate instead of total shutdown) then I stay logged on forever.

One thing worth a try is to experiment with a different browser or clear the cache of your current browser.

Also if leaving the site don't have the your bookmark load into the current tab, rather open a new tab or window.

Thanks Larry. That is the way it used to be for me. As long as I did not power down or clear my cache I stayed logged on forever even if I closed the browser. Now for some bizarre reason that has changed and once I close the site or the browser it automatically logs me off. I use a MAC by the way. I've tried everything to alter it but apparently I am doing something wrong or there is a glitch in your system. I know DT has the same problem as I do and he also uses a MAC I believe.

I am curious what others experience.

Thoughts?

I don't exactly know that it's Ladyboyreview.com fare DT :bbq: , but try 'Poopreport', it's got a fabulous short story on the front cover entitled, "A woman's first shart" (a sensitively penned ditty about a sophisticated lady following through in lacy knickers), it had me literally glued to the screen :cold:, a riveting read. You could also try 'Squatty Potty', which is actually an advertising site for people with colonic difficulties, but it does truely elevate the subject out of the 'Skat' department.

Damn! Thanks for the tip, I cannot believe I lived a life of hedonistic pleasures and NEVER encountered this site before! It won't replace "DYAC.com" (Damn You Autocorrect.com) on my list of funniest websites but it was a very pleasant way to waste an hour, laughing at the stories of BM hell shared by other members of the site.

I still think we need our own dedicated sharting thread though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...