The New Joint

stoolpusher

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Superb digs Stoolie!   Can you enter the hong nam from directly from the garage in order to clean up after a hard days work in the fields?  I see they're adjacent but don't see a door i the building plan. 

just a walk around the back to the servants entrance and your there

• Like 1

Thanks  everyone for the great feed back on the house , I did enjoy helping the builder and crew every day .

Many people have said how lazy Thai guys are , well completely the opposite in this case, apart from big Buddha days ( only 3 ) the guys and girls were here every day and started 7.30 AM and finished at 5.00 PM. From the start he gave me his price to build ( labor only) and I paid for everything on top , he also asked to be paid in installments twice a month that I agreed to so no hourly or day rate that many fall for . There were a few little things along the way I wanted changed but if anyone has built from scratch before you will know what I mean, If I was to do it all again I would use the same guy for sure .

Yesterday I had to go change my address at Nhong Khai Immigration , so easy to do and my next 90 days was to be on the 28th Sep so the guy changed it to the 20th Oct the immigration thing took about 15 minutes ,

Anyway thanks for joining Dao and I on our little journey and now officially Thailand is my NEW home   

SP.   

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Annat said:

Lovely house

sure you will both be very happy

like the Royal purple

this old man could be very happy in it

have good times and great happiness

Dont tell him it is purple for gods sake!.

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

i never knew that Nosher was colour-blind Woodie. It does explain the lime-green fluorescent trousers and bright pink shirt he was wearing the last time i saw him!

i thought it was maybe just an Aussie thing....

[sorry Nosh] :imNotWorthy:

Lime green trousers???.

He never wears anything but bloody jeans. He keeps Levis afloat!.

Now there is an idea. I will give him a pair after I have dyed them. He would not know!.

Every one knows in history purple was the most expensive colour to produce. Reserved for royalty and Roman emperors. So three cheers for the new power couple in the north. May you have a long and happy life there . 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, markm said:

Every one knows in history purple was the most expensive colour to produce. Reserved for royalty and Roman emperors. So three cheers for the new power couple in the north. May you have a long and happy life there . 

Yes, and did you know the colour came from shellfish?. That is why it was so expensive.

• 3 weeks later...