The New Joint

stoolpusher

And it begins. 

After the sight was prepared, we started the build on the 23rd April and is now finished 22nd July. Here are a bunch of photos ( hopefully the quality and order will be ok ) I took as the house progressed. 

I had a feature designed and put in the lounge, Dao in Thai means star and looks great . The last pic is our view from the back door , way better than looking at another building. 

Very happy with the job the builder and crew did and well inside my budget and now it's back to tending the different crops on the 3 farms we now have and it's very cool now having my own house book .

received_1291074591089836.jpeg

1595376938277.jpg

1595376933445.jpg

IMG-98bab93cb2e31539ed33615b3847ef04-V.jpg

IMG-cfb9693cb4852dc8e46ce1b10c982518-V.jpg

IMG-958dca7bc3bfc46b65300f24f08ad8cc-V.jpg

IMG-b358ec3997d5b967a17af81eb5c84bbf-V.jpg

IMG-139d39dfe9cfc92fa32478d3b57831a8-V.jpg

IMG-74a93e2df172d374d4bd9b63e9f50418-V.jpg

IMG-797cbab7e0cedd7245198aac3058994d-V.jpg

IMG-4e6794d4e031f934cd42551ffade4de6-V.jpg

IMG-f87e3a7774553bbc9f9ac2ff36a71eb3-V.jpg

1595376918854.jpg

1595376913757.jpg

1595376909238.jpg

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, globetrotter1 said:

Looks great, how far are you from the closest village and city? 

Our closest village ( Ban Phue )  for getting any supplies we need is about 15 minutes , Udon where Home pro and the like are is about 45 minutes and Immigration ( Nhong Khai) is about the same but in opposite direction .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

Our closest village ( Ban Phue )  for getting any supplies we need is about 15 minutes , Udon where Home pro and the like are is about 45 minutes and Immigration ( Nhong Khai) is about the same but in opposite direction .

2 major cities less than an hour away is pretty handy, your also close to Laos for visa runs if necessary 

22 minutes ago, globetrotter1 said:

2 major cities less than an hour away is pretty handy, your also close to Laos for visa runs if necessary 

The immigration office is great in Nhong Khai,  quick and easy for my 90 day report but far enough away so city folk to bother us .

54 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Nice looking pad you have created there SP.  Interesting to see the photos of its development over the months, good idea to record the stages.  All the best, when is the house warming :)

House warming is when you can travel 

The drawing in the first pic was the only plan the builder went by ( he has built many homes out of the same materials) , we didn't get official plans drawn up until about two weeks ago so we could get a house number to be able to get the electricity meter and be listed .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertsandman said:

SP I have just joined this forum. Good to see that you are posting on here, as we all missed you when you stopped posting on the other forum. You and Dao have made great progress with your house, and I hope that you both enjoy living there.

Best wishes DS

Thanks DS .

And welcome to the forum and the Zaza Club,  we will catch up again when you can travel to Pattaya 

Cheers mate 

2 hours ago, Desertsandman said:

SP I have just joined this forum. Good to see that you are posting on here, as we all missed you when you stopped posting on the other forum. You and Dao have made great progress with your house, and I hope that you both enjoy living there.

Best wishes DS

Yes, well there was a reason for SP and a few others not posting on the "other" forum. Not published by the moderators of said forum!.

• Like 2

Congratulations Brett.  A man's house is his castle, and you built a mighty fine looking one...  may you & Dao find in it the happily-ever-afters that made you want to build that house and your lives together.

As far as I am concerned, this is the most uplifting piece of news from my secret online ladyboy world since the dark days of covid fell upon us, and you & Dao are all but certain to be the 2020 Romscar Couple of the Year for building a purple house in a green field of dreams.

Big cheers

Rom

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Woodie said:

I can see him now. Sitting on the back deck with his Pith helmet on, giving directions to the workers in the rice paddies by megaphone.:bling:

no it will be hand signals or those  rockets  or dao can run messages  . sp,s  thai is  not good enough yet 55555

2 hours ago, Rom said:

Congratulations Brett.  A man's house is his castle, and you built a mighty fine looking one...  may you & Dao find in it the happily-ever-afters that made you want to build that house and your lives together.

As far as I am concerned, this is the most uplifting piece of news from my secret online ladyboy world since the dark days of covid fell upon us, and you & Dao are all but certain to be the 2020 Romscar Couple of the Year for building a purple house in a green field of dreams.

Big cheers

Rom

Thanks for the kind words Rom .

Dao is an amazing girl and I am so happy to be doing all this with her and she is super house proud. 

• Like 1