Pet Peeves

Pdoggg

Walking home tonight I cut through Soi LK Metro.  Many of the bars on that soi (not gogos) have 2 for 1 pricing.     It's billed as a friendly promotion but I view it as a fuck you to customers.  Unless I am meeting a mate at one of these 2 for 1 bars, I always avoid them.

I like to check out new bars and often have one drink and leave.  If drinking with mates, i don't want to have to time my drinking to fit a bar's 2 for 1 agenda.

Promotions I do like are things such as Shaken or Stirred Sundays where you can have a ladyboy stir your drink with her dick or alternatively you can give it a shake.

• Like 2

Promotions, cat-calling, running out and grabbing my arm or blocking my path (pre-covid) are things which would never entice me to enter a bar I've never been in before. Yes, I may well miss out on some things but I don't care. I don't like to feel that I've been coerced or cajoled. If something is new to me I prefer to make the decision to partake by myself or with friends. Any of the afore-mentioned more often than not have a negative effect on me and I'll pass. Personal recommendations are always best.

In terms of bars, clubs and restaurants I tend to think people, particularly expats and regular visitors, already know where they are going and have their destination in mind when out and about. I know I do.  If something looks enticing it will perhaps be filed away for another time as when you're out you're already en route to a pre-determined destination.

• Like 3

In Spain or Pattaya.... none

I am on my holiday so I will not let anything or anyone  deter me from enjoying it. :drinks:

At Home. (UK) 

People standing right in front of Bus or Train doors (waiting to get on) thus blocking passengers waiting to get off. :mad0261:

Another one is when I open a door for someone and they don't say 'thank you', manners cost nothing so that really pisses me off. :Hmmmph:

• Like 5

On 7/17/2020 at 1:58 AM, Pdoggg said:

Walking home tonight I cut through Soi LK Metro.  Many of the bars on that soi (not gogos) have 2 for 1 pricing.     It's billed as a friendly promotion but I view it as a fuck you to customers.  Unless I am meeting a mate at one of these 2 for 1 bars, I always avoid them.

I like to check out new bars and often have one drink and leave.  If drinking with mates, i don't want to have to time my drinking to fit a bar's 2 for 1 agenda.

Promotions I do like are things such as Shaken or Stirred Sundays where you can have a ladyboy stir your drink with her dick or alternatively you can give it a shake.

Sorry, for clarification does 2 for 1 mean 2 drinks for the price of 1 (aka 50% off) or something else?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, outsider said:

mean 2 drinks for the price of 1 (aka 50% off) or something else?

Hi Outsider, Two drinks for the price of one.  So if beers are 80 then instead of one beer for 80 baht you would get two beers for a grand total of 80 baht.  But I may not want two beers, so I prefer the much simpler 50% off which means every beer is 40 baht.   :drinks:

8 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

or even worse... just one Russian woman aged over 30....

God no, they are great. I like trying to figure out how they make bras that can hold kilos of blubbery mass up, in a near horizontal plane. They look like the front deck area of an aircraft carrier. It is one of the engineering feats of the ages.

They used to make the Lada so I suppose they used those skills to good use in the bra factory!.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

I REALLY hate the seat hoggers on a baht bus, the diagonal thing is most used,  Also hate Utes who pretend to be onto something important in the phone and let some old person stand the whole way. 

I hear ya JSG.

It all gets back to bad manners and not caring for others , I have always offered my seat to a lady or someone older than me

• Like 2