COVID-19 in Thailand 2020: "too good to be true" ? & "the worse is yet to come?"

Rom

I like to think, hope, that some time next year, likely late in the year, we may be able to trickle back in some form and walk those same sois again and the wonderful memories they hold for us.  And then we can create new ones in the changed world that we find there.

• Like 3

covid has made us search new ways to do things..... I've been banging American trannies and traps and also shifting a lot of focus into scoring hot GGs.

My sex game is at a new level this year.....mostly because the depth of interaction I can have with someone of my own culture is more expansive. I.e. we can understand common complex things.

It's perfect timing too.....so many young trans in America that are sexy.....but the men here are not cool or advanced enough to appreciate them. Maybe some guys their own age can understand them.........but older guys in America (above 35) are just too old school and lame to know trans are amazing, beautiful and some of the best sexual action available. So these beautiful Western flowers are lonely and need love. And The Sith is there to help.

But also it let's me see the nuances of why Thai and Laos and other Asian LBS are so refined and special as well. Nothing beats them (except maybe the big cock Latina lovelies!!).

I am just developing my network of babes in the West...... because I don't think travel to Thai will be like it was before.....for at least next Spring. At the earliest.... who wants to wait till April 2022 to fulfill their desires?

• Like 3

The-Sith is a perceptive and empathic brother-in-arms who has been PMing me kicking me in the pants to get me out of my existential slump (that has nothing to do with covid) and back to the flair-mongering I used to live my life by and post about with gusto.  So far I got nowhere but holding hands in a Bible study group (long story! local pinay maids!) while The-Sith is posting how he is scoring more sissy ass than even in Asia PLUS more top-notch GG pussy than Hugh Hefner ever did…  Shall I award him the Romscar for BM of the Year ?  or for Show-Off of the Year?  Votes please…

biblestudy.jpg.eefde48c569dc4d533a2c3195dc0cb8d.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rom said:

The-Sith is a perceptive and empathic brother-in-arms who has been PMing me kicking me in the pants to get me out of my existential slump (that has nothing to do with covid) and back to the flair-mongering I used to live my life by and post about with gusto.  So far I got nowhere but holding hands in a Bible study group (long story! local pinay maids!) while The-Sith is posting how he is scoring more sissy ass than even in Asia PLUS more top-notch GG pussy than Hugh Hefner ever did…  Shall I award him the Romscar for BM of the Year ?  or for Show-Off of the Year?  Votes please…

biblestudy.jpg.eefde48c569dc4d533a2c3195dc0cb8d.jpg

I just earned a Reacting Well badge on LBR!

plus some other badges...so I'm also honored for whatever other Rom award I get.

The main thing is......I was deep in the doldrums like everyone else .....until put in a lot of effort to break out of my despair about 10 months ago. It was hard.... but soon I started getting momentum and it led to living the best times ever. I'm not showing off about this..... I'm intentionally trying to give fellow BMs a kick in the butt to get their motors reving. To provide some info....and remind everyone what's possible. Because the mind has a way of getting lost in clouds of negativity during these times.

Everyone has had a hard time. Everyone has reduced their LB numbers.....some to zero.

But amazing fun times are available.... notwithstanding the general situation. 

Rom I hope you document the entire Maid Boning Bible Study adventures....along with pictures.....on LBR. We need inspiration!

• Like 2

I concur with Big Tel's sentiments, I am happy us guys have those memories to reflect upon, built up in the golden era when what we did was new and exciting, and pretty much all the guys we met and became friends with were/are a great bunch.

The scene changed several years ago and the newer guys, although this seems new and exciting to them, had no idea whar it was like 10 to 15 years ago. It would blow their mind. I am booked for Xmas this year but am now resigned to the fact this will not happen. New stories will be forged in Pattaya at some stage, we will all meet up again and laugh over a few beers while some hottie is trying to rummage in our undercrackers, but until then I won't dwell on what could have or might have been. The Golf Courses around Ireland are doing magnificent deals at the minute, so my holiday time 9of which I have plenty built up) will be used on the fairways, with my hand on a different type of balls.

• Like 2

yeah, things have been slipping in recent years as there were certainly enough venues to satisfy us even 10 years ago and now so many more (so now we have 100s of bars with 3 guys sipping a beer?)  Other considerations too have made recent trips sadly lacking, war on street foods in Bkk,  the march of the condo cancer eastward (have they hit on nut yet?) and so on.  I came in a little late (2007) but THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself for many trips after that until I guess around 2014 or so.  Many stellar memories and photos.  I DO miss the food, tho in truth I had become a bit jaded by my most recent trips...soup noodle, rice this n that...but the fresh food and fruits I do miss.  I would LIKE to make some more memories just ahead of my brain ceasing to register thought :)  Maybe next high season.  I mean it's going to be interesting if they ever do get to rebuilding what the government destroyed by inaction and um maybe ignorance? Might be a whirlwind of specials pricing and come on back offers.  I have to check when Bkk became #1 world wide destination, I suspect that only kicked the speculating bastards into overdrive.

https://www.thaiwebsites.com/images/Tourism/touristarrivals2004-2020.png

that pretty much explains it.  

• Like 3

You wish this is some kind of sick joke, but it isn't.  In crisis like this the traits of a third world country become so evident. Sad.

Thailand sends COVID-19 patients to hometowns by train

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-sends-covid-19-patients-085957450.html

BANGKOK (AP) — Authorities in Thailand began transporting some people who tested positive for the coronavirus from Bangkok to their hometowns on Tuesday for isolation and treatment to alleviate the burden on the capital’s overwhelmed medical system.

A train carrying more than 100 patients and medical workers in full protective gear left the city for the northeast.

It will drop patients off in seven provinces, where they will be met by health officers and taken to hospitals.

Medical authorities in Bangkok said Monday that all ICU beds for COVID-19 patients at public hospitals were full and that some of the sick were being treated in emergency rooms. Officials said they have asked army medics to help out at civilian hospitals.

“These are patients from Bangkok who haven’t received treatment in hospitals. We want to bring them to doctors in their hometowns. And the traveling process is controlled all through the journey,” said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, who was on hand to watch the operation.

“We will continue this service until no COVID-19 patients who cannot get beds in Bangkok are left,” he said.

7275626107b54331fee954f936e23934.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seven said:

You wish this is some kind of sick joke, but it isn't.  In crisis like this the traits of a third world country become so evident. Sad.

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/myanmars-third-wave-covid-19-deaths-now-exceed-fatalities-in-first-and-second-waves.html

The rising death toll is a direct consequence of the collapse of the healthcare system under the military regime. As COVID-19 infections spread in Yangon, patients were turned away by public hospitals and COVID-19 centers and forced to treat themselves at home, said charities and relatives of the patients.

Private oxygen plants have also been ordered by the junta not to refill oxygen cylinders for individuals, making it difficult for patients to obtain oxygen support at home.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/myanmar-collapses-covid-19-nightmare

What I can see playing out here is a even bigger influx of Burmese trying to escape the sitauation in their country making a effort to get into Thailand through it's porous Northern borders. When reading what is happening there the situation is dire indeed.

myanmar-blog-real.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 6:36 AM, Rom said:

6 months into the pandemic and Thailand has only recorded 58 deaths to COVID-19.

The above quote is from a year ago.  Given the extremely low number of deaths it was quite reasonable to not be particularly concerned.   At that time, I remember being at the closing of Katty Bar and the opening of Emmy Bar, maskless, close up to people, drinking beer without worrying much. 

But the facts have changed dramatically so it would be prudent to revisit one's opinion on the need for personal preventative measures. I believe the two most important protective measures are social distancing and the vaccine

On Wednesday, in just one day, 133 people died of Covid  in Thailand.  It could be somewhat more or somewhat less depending on the quality of statistical reporting.  So in one day, twice as many people died than in the entire first six months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

On Wednesday, in just one day, 133 people died of Covid  in Thailand. 

indeed..now something just over 3000 in total since the beginning?

what seriously worries me is that the prophets of doom never ever quote the obvious, which in Thailand's case...is that 69+ million haven't died.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, seven said:

Masks, PD, MASKS!

Since you asked.......   :biggrin:

I think limiting social interaction and getting vaccinated are much more important than wearing a mask.

I did order 3M N95 masks, model 8210V from Lazada.  The straps are a bit uncomfortable and this is the mask I wear for going to Immigration or riding a Bolt.

But most of my interactions are quite quick such as getting takeout or a 7/11 purchase so I usually wear a more comfortable mask.

If it wasn't required I wouldn't wear a mask when riding my motobike or walking along the beach.

I realise that many people have jobs which require significant social interaction so I reckon wearing a good mask is prudent.  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I did order 3M N95 masks

I actually ordered one of these in april last year. Then the public health department here ruled masks out full stop. I never got to use it. You might as well stick to the usual types of masks.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/certain-type-n95-mask-harm-covid19-spread

A Certain Type of N95 Mask May Do More Harm Than Good

In fact, you may unknowingly be wearing one that does more harm than good when it comes to preventing the spread of COVID-19.

That was the warning the San Francisco Department of Public Health sent via Twitter last week.

It said, in part, “the ones with the valves or openings on the front are NOT safe, and may actually propel your germs further.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

That was the warning the San Francisco Department of Public Health sent via Twitter last week.

It said, in part, “the ones with the valves or openings on the front are NOT safe, and may actually propel your germs further.”

On my box the following warning is printed:

Misuse may result in sickness or death.    :shok:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 7:51 AM, Pdoggg said:

much more important than wearing a mask.

I have been watching the last day of  swimming at the Olympics. Anyone who see this and claims masks serve a purpose needs to have a reality check. 

Masks are on , come off, on again, hugs, kisses, victory cermony, posing for photographs ( mask off for photos), hundreds of swimmers jump in the pool.  The danish girl , bronze in women's 50 m freestyle, snogged off her french bf swimmer right after the race , mask on immediately after. Its pathetic really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seven said:

Its pathetic really.

indeed Seven. The whole mask/social distancing thing is pathetic and Hypocritical. Witness the police telling one man walking along Jomty beach alone, to get off the beach. Then witness them throwing lots of people into the back of a pick-up truck. Then witness the drivers of the baht busses refusing to leave pattaya to Jomtien until the bus is crammed full with 12 people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

The whole mask/social distancing thing is pathetic and Hyprocritical.

What I saw from the olympics removed any doubts ( not that I had any) that this mask mandate in so many countries is

only making people more scared and worried, almost like suppressing people into fear. Its enormously sad.