Emmy's Bar Soi 2

Emmy Emmy

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Mr Annat, very bad manners for an Englishman to address someone by surname, i know it's an American thing... but you being an English gentleman...  [ i know that you are, you even wore a pink tie once in the Katty]...   shouldn't do it... please feel free to call me 'boy'.

bbg, I love the bit about the surname thing. One of my pet peeves!.

12 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Mr Annat, very bad manners for an Englishman to address someone by surname, i know it's an American thing... but you being an English gentleman...  [ i know that you are, you even wore a pink tie once in the Katty]...   shouldn't do it... please feel free to call me 'boy'.

Correct again Grunt

I am ex public school always used surname - so a very English thing old boy!

so just to help you out glad you are well Boy

BBG, true, the outside seating area is a definate leap forward. It would also be nice, if normal returns before I croak, if there were no LOUD, inconsiderate bar neighbors as there were at the old location.  And yeah, I could see Emmy did NOT like having to mesh her biz with sister. And having to do booking, cleaning and basically running the damn thing.  Sounds like it might even not get reopened...the sucker might just snap to what they've got into and bail.  I suppose one might make some money turning it over and over, by socking the suckers with a big buy out of lease fee.

ahhh, now I see. one day I posted on the other Katty page, speakeasy room was sounding great, I go off and do stuff and a couple days later it's OVER and she's moved into a new location. In a New York minute!  (some one told me a ways back that sister owned the guesthouse part of the biz, had no idea she was an absentee lease owner)

3 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I go off and do stuff and a couple days later it's OVER

it all happened very quickly indeed JSG. Very quickly. Emmy was given two days notice to get out. So we quickly announced the farewell bash the night before she had to leave and hand the keys over the next day.

The next morning i got a call from Emmy in the early morning... "Blind Boy! i have a new bar on soi 3...come and look!". She had been expecting of course that she would have to leave all her stuff in the old Katty for the new owner. i went around to see a massive furniture chain between the old and new bar with Teya, Sara and others working their balls off carrying it all..  Good girls all. It's probably good that Sunny had already gone home with all her stuff or they'd still be moving everything.. Talking of whom, we know that things can be a little surreal and changeable in Sunny world **, but as QG announced in another thread, Sunny will be back before the end of this month. But, don't quote me... Sunny world is a strange place to inhabit.  A bit like Pokki world... she phoned Emmy to say she wants to start work again in Katty on the 10th... but no sign of her yet. This has happened before. I think Emmy just says... "okay, come back, we'll see you if and when we see you."

Emmy was actually planning that last day to walk around Soi Buck looking at bar availability.  She was so lucky to be offered the new place, after all the shit she had been through we were all so pleased for her.

re the awful Karaoke near the old Katty, didn't happen that often, it was mainly from the woman that has the 'Norway Bar' opposite the old Katty. The same woman that would come running across to the Katty when she heard the bell ring. Until Emmy put a stop to it.

In the new location who knows re Karaoke. There's the Joker bar a bit down the road and opposite,   and the two or 3 open bars further down. All of them seem pretty laid back and mellow.. But this is Thailand.......

the Gentleman's club a bit further down from Katty seems to have reopened in the last couple of days... but those places are never really Karaoke joints... most stuff happens inside

.i suspect if Emmy makes a go of the new bar.. Soi 3 Jomtien will become Ladyboy central.. quite a few LBs live on it [cheap rooms] with Sunny and Mind to move in soon too. Mind is room hunting at the moment.

**I'm pretty sure that Alain will remember some of Sunny's plans in the last few days that he was here.... we went through Big C...7-11.. opening a salon, becoming an Astronaut, working on the farm in Chiang Rai, and probably 20 other things. Glad you made it home okay BIg Al... hopefully see you later in the year... you still owe us a Meet and Greet! the last two planned ones never happened due to circumstances like Covid and what have you.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

In the new location who knows re Karaoke. There's the Joker bar a bit down the road and opposite,   and the two or 3 open bars further down. All of them seem pretty laid back and mellow.. But this is Thailand.......

the Gentleman's club a bit further down from Katty seems to have reopened in the last couple of days... but those places are never really Karaoke joints... most stuff happens inside

.i suspect if Emmy makes a go of the new bar.. Soi 3 Jomtien will become Ladyboy central.. quite a few LBs live on it [cheap rooms] with Sunny and Mind to move in soon too. Mind is room hunting at the moment.

There are parties with live singers and performers occasionally at weekends at the bar near the Beach Road end of Soi 3. I can't remember the name of the bar (Red Carpet Bar?). The singers and performers are mainly lbs, from a ladyboy cabaret - not sure but I think the Alcazar Cabaret in Pattaya. I used to stop off for a drink or two on my way to Katty Bar when they had a show on. A couple of units up from that bar is a small bar with two or three ladyboys.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

we know that things can be a little surreal and changeable in Sunny world **, but as QG announced in another thread, Sunny will be back before the end of this month. But, don't quote me... Sunny world is a strange place to inhabit.  A bit like Pokki world... she phoned Emmy to say she wants to start work again in Katty on the 10th... but no sign of her yet. This has happened before. I think Emmy just says... "okay, come back, we'll see you if and when we see you."

**I'm pretty sure that Alain will remember some of Sunny's plans in the last few days that he was here.... we went through Big C...7-11.. opening a salon, becoming an Astronaut, working on the farm in Chiang Rai, and probably 20 other things. 

Sunny is currently working as a waitress in a relative's restaurant in Chiang Rai. But she says she is bored and is still planning to return to Jomtien at the end of the month. But that is three weeks away, so her plans could change again, who knows? Probably not Sunny! She might decide to join the Army when she goes for her assessment on 25th! :biggrin:

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 10.13.04 - Edited.png

• Like 2

I remember another noisey, loud thumping place further down from the one you mention.  True, not so often but when both got going it was REALLY annoying.  New place does look more roomy with more seating out front, that's a big plus.  I never spent any time inside.  A soi fulla ladyboys and femboys would be heaven :) With guesthouses and a few GOOD places to eat, I'd be at home.  How many ladyboys does it take to move a pool table :)

I do wonder what percentage of income came from the guesthouse vs bar.  Seems the rooms filled up pretty well, without a greedy fuck like sis playing money vampire I mean.

16 hours ago, Quietguy said:

There are parties with live singers and performers occasionally at weekends at the bar near the Beach Road end of Soi 3. I can't remember the name of the bar (Red Carpet Bar?). The singers and performers are mainly lbs, from a ladyboy cabaret - not sure but I think the Alcazar Cabaret in Pattaya. I used to stop off for a drink or two on my way to Katty Bar when they had a show on. A couple of units up from that bar is a small bar with two or three ladyboys.   

you're getting Cabin Fever QG! Red Carpet and the other one are on  soi 2, not 3.. Only one very small bar open at the beach rd end of soi 3 [just good friends] something like that. GG bar.

Quinn was telling me last night about Red Carpet, i have never been to it, only walked past it. It's owned by an older LB, who also owns a cabaret type place in the gay complex behind Hemingways. it seems that staff can be a small mixture of LBs or gay men [is there a difference?]  i.e short haired guys in dresses. Not sure if the other one you mentioned is still open. Red Carpet is.

Emmy never saw The RC bar as a rival, more as a gay bar.

7 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I remember another noisey, loud thumping place further down from the one you mention.  True, not so often but when both got going it was REALLY annoying.  New place does look more roomy with more seating out front, that's a big plus.  I never spent any time inside.  A soi fulla ladyboys and femboys would be heaven :) With guesthouses and a few GOOD places to eat, I'd be at home.  How many ladyboys does it take to move a pool table :)

I do wonder what percentage of income came from the guesthouse vs bar.  Seems the rooms filled up pretty well, without a greedy fuck like sis playing money vampire I mean.

Guest house only good business in high season... The other 8 months of the year barring a night or 2 - just vacant rooms. low season was vicious for the last 2 years.

the 2nd place on soi 4 you refer to .... Wow! you must have been very unlucky with your timing! i too remember a night when they had a Karaoke party.. very rare.

• Like 1

makes one wonder how they survive empty most of the year, should rent out to ladyboys, make it dual use :)

yeah, actually I think there was a real loud place, not the Norwegian bar, it's open, I recall that, but across the side street from it, a couple doors down, and then another one about 5 or 6 doors down if I recall right.  Both cranked it UP too. End November 2018. It seemed louder on the 3rd and 4th floor (the FIRST floor you set foot on IS the ground floor for you oddballs out there:)

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Quinn was telling me last night about Red Carpet, i have never been to it, only walked past it. It's owned by an older LB, who also owns a cabaret type place in the gay complex behind Hemingways. it seems that staff can be a small mixture of LBs or gay men [is there a difference?]  i.e short haired guys in dresses. Not sure if the other one you mentioned is still open. Red Carpet is.

Yeah, that's the one. I used to walk through the connecting alley by the Norwegian Bar then turn left in Soi 2 to Beach Road going back to condo from Katty Bar.

The Red Carpet Bar and the smaller lb bar did seem to have mainly gay customers. The performers at parties at Red Carpet Bar were from the cabaret at 'The Venue' in the Jomtien Complex.

The smaller LB bar also seemed to have mainly gay customers, Thai and farang. I only stopped in there once. I was passing on my way back to condo. There was only one lb there sitting with a couple, European guy and Thai gg. The European was quite drunk and aggressive, and arguing loudly with the gg. The lb looked apprehensive, so I went in and sat as far as possible away in a small bar to get her away from them. When she came over to get my order I invited her to join me for a drink. Her name was Dao. She said she had previously worked at Roadhouse Bar, and had seen me around.

The arguing couple continued shouting at each other. From time to time one or the other would get up and walk out, then return to continue the argument. At one point the European guy climbed onto his bar stool to shout at the soi that he wasn't gay as he had never had a 'prick up his arse'! I was impressed that he could stand on the stool without falling off in his state of inebriation. I waited until they left (together) before leaving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

makes one wonder how they survive empty most of the year, should rent out to ladyboys, make it dual use :)

yeah, actually I think there was a real loud place, not the Norwegian bar, it's open, I recall that, but across the side street from it, a couple doors down, and then another one about 5 or 6 doors down if I recall right.  Both cranked it UP too. End November 2018. It seemed louder on the 3rd and 4th floor (the FIRST floor you set foot on IS the ground floor for you oddballs out there:)

true JSG.

thankfully it doesn't happen any more and probably won't for a long time. it seems almost impossible for Thai's to have a party without extremely loud volume.

This is true and not exaggerated in any way... years ago i lived on Soi 6 in Pattaya,  There were always those dreaded Karaoke things outside one bar or another, sometimes 2 on the Soi. One night there were 2 bars next door but one to each other... i mean actually nearly adjoining units... each one had a karaoke bash going on on the same night...imagine that!

there was no 'okay we've made a mistake... your bar does 15 minutes and then mine will, logical type agreement... nope, they both went for it non-stop until 1 a.m or whenever.

There was also the night of Emmy's birthday party 2 or 3 years back...all advertised as usual by Quinn and myself... 'no loud music etc.'. Loads of people turned up... strange to say actually too many. About an hour before start time the boss of the Norway bar opposite came over to see Emmy... ' i've got you a birthday present Emmy! A pick-up truck pulled up outside and unloaded a feckin' karaoke which was then set up on the frontage of the moonshine hotel next door to the Katty,. the woman then proceeded to hog it all night, usually highly out of tune.

Poor Emmy never lived it down.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quinn said:

Yes Dao did work The Red Carpet Bar for a while. Not seen her for about a year or more. As in the Roadhouse a very friendly girl. Old pic of Dao.

Dao.jpg

The Dao I sat with wasn't that Dao. That Dao had also worked at the small Soi 2 lb bar, but Som told me she had gone home to look after sick Papa.

• Like 1

so.....Dao is not  Dao, Sunny is not Sunny but Sophia sofia.... 

i'm beginning to wonder if i'm me!

Please Emmy and Teya...don't change your names!

The photo's Emmy posted of Teya, Spy and Sara by the way... I suspect she is waiting for more from others. Also in the bar last night was [in addition to those 3] Moon, Mind, and Farah.

Bell popped in just to say hello to her mates and have a look at the new bar.. Later two of Farah's LB mates came along.

Teya spent 10 minutes jokingly practising her ' My papa buffalo sick' spiel.  I dread to say this but also again jokingly told me she was thinking of changing her name to 'Pussy'.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

thanks Duke.

pleased to see that your boys are coming on nicely too.

mmm... we'd better get the announcement re teya out soon!

You better hold on a tad with the Teya posters, if there is going to be a name change of the bar :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, blind boy grunt said:

I dread to say this but also again jokingly told me she was thinking of changing her name to 'Pussy'.

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

You better hold on a tad with the Teya posters, if there is going to be a name change of the bar :biggrin:

Or of Teya! 

• Like 1