Emmy's Bar Soi 2

Emmy Emmy

1 hour ago, Rom said:

I have a suggestion you may want to consider:

Why don't you rename your bar "Emmy's Bar" ?

Nobody knows anymore who "Katty" is or was, and you are the #1 reason your regular customers go there.  So it would be a good idea if the bar was named after YOU.  And the time to do it would be NOW.

I am sure your good friends BBG & Quinn could help you with the name change and with informing all the farangs to come to Emmy's Bar.

Just a suggestion Emmy.   Good luck to your bar whatever you decide to call it.

rom

Yes, Emmy this is worth thinking about. It would avoid any problems with previous leaseholder about using the Katty name.

I know it cost a few thousand baht for your flashing 'Katty Bar' sign which you were proud of. But if finance is a problem I'm sure your friends will help out - I certainly would.

You are well known and respected now. Maybe Emmy's Bar or just 'Emmy's' should be considered to break with the past and mark your new start. 

• Like 1

So Happy

given me a new glow in the groin thinking about finding the new bar

It amazes me that I agree with Rom 'Emmy's Bar' so much nicer

Oh Grunt can I get there by going down Soi 6 and turning left across 5 into 4 across next one into 2 turn right at end turn right into next one and the bar is on the left a few doors from the jim?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Annat said:

can I get there by going down Soi 6 and turning left across 5 into 4 across next one into 2 turn right at end turn right into next one and the bar is on the left a few doors from the jim

If I remember correctly there isn't a side turning from Soi 6 into Soi 5. If you are coming from Beach Road it would be easier to go straight to the Beach Road entry to Soi 3.

You can get through from Soi 5 to Soi 4, then into Soi 3 using the linking side alleys.

And the bar is on the right  approaching from the Beach Road end, a couple of units down from the gym.

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 09.44.11 - Edited.png

1 hour ago, Annat said:

Oh Grunt can I get there by going down Soi 6 and turning left across 5 into 4 across next one into 2 turn right at end turn right into next one and the bar is on the left a few doors from the jim?

No.  Not unless you climb over a fence that separates Soi 6 from the parking lot.  Soi 6 is a short dead end soi that has a few boom massage shops with ladyboys.

The new location is much better than the old one.    There's a bigger outdoor seating area with more comfortable chairs.and bigger inside too.  Feels like a Parisian cafe.  There was a nice crowd of loyal expats at tonight's soft opening.  Emmy is doing something right as many other bars in Jomtien have zero customers.    I took a bunch of pics but most didn't come out very well so I just posted one, a couple of posts up.

• Like 3

Great Bar isn't it?

Obviously i'd seen it a day or so back but at the time it was somewhat dishevelled with all the stuff being thrown in there from the old bar. I was surprised when i saw last night how nice it is. Lots of seating too.

it will be even nicer once Emmy gets all the pictures and stuff on the walls and seperates with screening or plants from the old restaurant next door.

The name change mooted... i'm a 'Katty' fan i don't want to have to change everything on here! and the name is now established.

But in the end a lot depends on the licencing rules and costs.  I think Jimbo had second thoughts when he wanted to change Sweethearts name when he took it over. It seems to be  difficult to do in Pattaya [read..expensive!] it seems that the rule is that a business keeps the existing name on the licence unless you pay big.

Emmy has to pop down and sort out.

but a thought occurs... if Emmy does keep the Katty name for the new bar and the new owner of the old Katty on soi 4  decides to just renew that licence the cheapy way, then there will be two Katty Bars, one on soi 4 and one on soi 3.

we shall see... but if Emmy wants to change the name then 'Emmy's' would be logical. But another thought...what is the existing name on the current licence? maybe emmy has to use that.

watch this space or wait for the Pattaya Mail to run the exclusive scoop!

But no PD... plead as you might... it will take all your powers of persuasion for the new bar to become... 'Teya's Bar'! but you never know....

personally i'd just call it ...'Lily's'...

And Annat... you just want an excuse to wander down the soi 6 jomtien massage meat market don't you! Taking your life in your hands going down there....

• Like 2

ha! BB! Pdoooggggg hasn't mentioned it yet because his eyes are possibly still a bit glazed over... But, as you are a full original member of the AnnaB club you need to know... Guess who came to the bar last night? Sorry,  not AnnaB herself but the mate [Mike] of her thug boyfriend... i.e the guy who originally came to the bar with her... the famous 'i've got a bottle of beer in my hand Annabelle ...where shall i put it?" He's definitely a hero of mine.

Evidently AnnaB and the thug have long finished whatever relationship there was. So no reason not to BB ...why you don't get up to Peterborough and invite her over to Jomtien.

if she needs a place to stay for 2 weeks quarantine.. i can help.

4 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

ha! BB! Pdoooggggg hasn't mentioned it yet because his eyes are possibly still a bit glazed over... But, as you are a full original member of the AnnaB club you need to know... Guess who came to the bar last night? Sorry,  not AnnaB herself but the mate [Mike] of her thug boyfriend... i.e the guy who originally came to the bar with her... the famous 'i've got a bottle of beer in my hand Annabelle ...where shall i put it?" He's definitely a hero of mine.

Did he ask for his bottle to be given back? :biggrin:

6 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

But in the end a lot depends on the licencing rules and costs.  I think Jimbo had second thoughts when he wanted to change Sweethearts name when he took it over. It seems to be  difficult to do in Pattaya [read..expensive!] it seems that the rule is that a business keeps the existing name on the licence unless you pay big.

What was the former name of the new bar?