Ladydrinks Verboten Under Proposed New Bar Rules

Pdoggg

The CCSA (The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration) will meet this Friday to consider rules for the possible reopening of bars in July.

Under this proposal, which is by no means final, lady drinks will be forbidden (see Catch 22 below).

1. Overall level of the crowd must be controlled, no over crowded venues. An exact number of capacity level was not given.

2. Temperature screening must be done for all patrons and staff

3. Provide alcohol gel to wash hands at the entrance, gel available throughout venue and easily accessible to wash ones hands.

4. No more than 5 people in a group per table or in front of a stage for a live entertainment venue.

5. There must be a proper queue system to enter the venue for larger venues and the queue must be socially distanced.

6. Tables must be at least two meters apart OR have a partition or barrier between them.

7. Chairs must be set up at each table. People should be sitting, not standing. Chairs should not be moved and be placed one meter apart.

8. Venue must have good ventilation.

9. Only eating and drinking are allowed. No singing or dancing.

10. No bottle service. A bottle can be purchased but must be poured and ice given by a server and not stored at a table, not by a group at a table. No sharing of glasses, buckets, etc.

11. Disposable menus/no menus that everyone can touch continually.

12. All staff must wear a mask AND a face shield (See below for singer)

13. Stage or performance area should have a partition, such as a plastic partition, between the audience and performer including DJ’s. If a partition already is present that would be acceptable.

14. A singer must wear a face shield, but will not need a mask. Any one speaking on stage or a microphone must wear a face shield.

15. There must be someone, possibly security, in charge of ensuring the rules are followed.

16. Food, if served, should not be on shared plates or utensils, etc. One meal per person.

17. Toilet must be cleaned at least once an hour and completely disinfected.

18. At least once a day the entire business and every touchable service must be completely disinfected and cleaned.

19. No sort of competitions (like a dance contest or darts league).

20. No use of pool tables, darts, game cabinets or other similar items.

21. Specific smoking areas, where it applies, must be socially distanced.

22. Do not allow service staff, hostesses or PR to drink with customers.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/22/proposed-list-of-rules-for-bar-pub-entertainment-venue-opening-released-by-thai-government/

• Like 1

I couldn't give it a "like", and because it is serious, I wouldn't give a laugh either...... but honestly, an evening in a bar under these rules would hardly be exciting for a patron, and would be absolute hell for the bar owner. The only potential winners would be the BIB, who I'm sure would be only too happy to jump in on any wrong-doing.

And you can't even play pool. May as well stay home; at least I can walk the dog without social distancing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

The CCSA (The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration) will meet this Friday to consider rules for the possible reopening of bars in July.

Under this proposal, which is by no means final, lady drinks will be forbidden (see Catch 22 below).

One wonders how the Pattaya property owners will feel when all of the bar owners stop paying rent.

• Like 1

Sadly Jimbo has announced that he and his business partner Cindy have decided to call it a day with Sweethearts Bar and won't be opening it up again, he will now hopefully enjoy his retirement in Jomtien. 

I wish them both good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, duke007 said:

And Jimbo has announced that he and Cindy have called it a day and will not be opening up Sweethearts Bar again. 

Under these conditions I can well understand why. All the very best to them both in whatever endevours they decide on in the future.   :drinks:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cobber32 said:

absolute hell for the bar owner

6 hours ago, Sylvester said:

One wonders how the Pattaya property owners will feel when all of the bar owners stop paying rent.

5 hours ago, duke007 said:

Sadly Jimbo has announced that he and his business partner Cindy have decided to call it a day with Sweethearts Bar and won't be opening it up again

Sadly, there will be many bars that will shut down for good.   Even if the bars that cater to farang were permitted to reopen tomorrow with no restrictions whatsover, where are the customers?  Certainly not in Pattaya.  There was one article that stated there were only about 5000 expats left in the Pattaya area.  While I think that's an undercount, I would think that business would be off by 80% or more compared to low season 2019.  

I would imagine that many barowners will walk away from their leases especially if their upfront costs were relatively low and their rent relatively high.   Even before Covid, many bars were struggling.    Not a fun time to be a business owner just about anywhere in the world.   But some bars are remodeling.  I was walking on the Baby Boom soi today and saw some work was being done on 555, one of the gentlemen's clubs there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was just thinking that having a low virus activity in the country is just as bad as a high one. At least in terms of economy suffering.  Worldwide, everyone is suffering from loss of business no?  The key is airlines and procedure it seems. They should have several SERIOUS studies and reports in the works on air quality in planes, etc.  Seems to me IF you test negative you should get waved on board.  Costs to test crew would be high tho unless REPUTABLE small labs testing for less can be created. I wonder if they might actually set up labs in or near the airport.  I'd have no problem waiting an hour or two in a quarantine lounge for a test that got me ON THE PLANE.  The idea that they'll test you when you get there is a bit extreme, but typical.  Keeping meticulous records of each flight and any possible positive covid case resulting from or getting through their system would bolster their cause.  A closed airplane is a bit like an island no? NZ seems to have it knocked (for the time being at least).  In theory being on a plane COULD be one of the safest places to be it seems.  At that point it's up to each destination to continue monitoring passengers arriving.  FIrst problem is all the food and drink places in any airport.  Then there's the taxi stand, cabbie coughs and sneezes, fare gets out at the airport...  Anyone know how long from moment of contact until the infected person goes contagious?

Thailand is obviously going extreme on this whole thing, but in theory it should keep them having to spend gobs of money trying to control a real outbreak. BUT...if no money is coming IN, zero virus growth is of dubious value. Kind of difficult to believe they have no new cases. Export of goods is a major income for them, and plenty of goods are coming in as well.

I think they're going to find that vast numbers of Thai's will suffer more from NOT letting in tourists than if they DID let us in and took sensible precautions.

• Like 2

Its funny how they make rules to suit them selves,  all the markets, stalls and even the farmers planting rice ( me  :biggrin: ) there is NO social distancing . There was a gathering at the local school yesterday to sort stuff out and there must have been 200 people there , all bunched up together and NO masks on .All the banks just before opening time is standing room only then when the bank opens the distance thing kicks in . 

As said before its a good excuse to try and clean up the hole coming to Thailand thing .Anyway  we will open Zaza on the 25th and see how we go .

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, Pdoggg said:

lady drinks will be forbidden (see Catch 22 below).

As reported by Quinn in another thread, bars could be opening on July 1st and ladydrinks will not be forbidden.  You can buy ladydrinks but she must be a least one meter away from you.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/8429-coronavirus/&do=findComment&comment=192983

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

As reported by Quinn in another thread, bars could be opening on July 1st and ladydrinks will not be forbidden.  You can buy ladydrinks but she must be a least one meter away from you.

and in a time of stupid rules made by stupid people... that one is the stupiest of all.

i thought it was 2 meters! for god's sake i've been doing non-stop dick lengthening exercises for the last 2 months.... and now it's only one metre? i didn't need to have bothered.

:yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Nothing is written in stone but it appears at first that bars will have to close at midnight.   Won't affect some people but that's generally the time I like to go out.   Here are some proposed rules:

-Nightlife, like Pubs, Bars, Karaokes can resume with the following rules:

-Must have a music license and alcohol license as well as a business license

-Must follow the legal alcohol sales hours of 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM to Midnight. It is unclear if areas with special entertainment licenses or administrative zones like Pattaya will be allowed to stay open later at this time.

-Everyone must be at least one meter apart.

-Tables must be at least two meters apart or have a partition between tables if less then 2 meters

-Limit of five people per group, should not mingle with other groups

-Must use Thai Chana app to track entering and leaving premises

Well it looks as if Sweethearts Bar won't be closing its doors after all, despite Jimbo and Cindy to go their separate ways (after haggling with their landlord). 

The owners of Katoeys 'R' Us ( youngone, jolski and Pad thai boy) have stepped in and Jimbo will remain in a part-time capacity front of house. B)

So some good news at last. :yes:

I wish all of them 'chok dee' :drinks:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

That is good to hear. Well done to the KRUs guys. Does this mean Jimbo will not be moving to Jomtien?

If so bbg will be disappointed that there won't be another Jomtien pensioner regular at Katty Bar! 

Jimbo said he will be now reside on his usual perch so I take that he is moving back to Sweethearts Bar. 

That might be a relief to the 'Last of the Summer Wine' crew that reside in Jomtiengrad :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

That is good to hear. Well done to the KRUs guys. Does this mean Jimbo will not be moving to Jomtien?

If so bbg will be disappointed that there won't be another Jomtien pensioner regular at Katty Bar! 

actually you're right QG, always happy to see Jimbo around. Good luck to him and the Krus people with Sweethearts. But actually i never think of Jimbo as one of the pension crew... he's like you...still a young Buck.....

jeez...did i just write that? Quinn...smack me around the head tomorrow night will you!

6 hours ago, duke007 said:

Well it looks as if Sweethearts Bar won't be closing its doors after all, despite Jimbo and Cindy to go their separate ways (after haggling with their landlord). 

The owners of Katoeys 'R' Us ( youngone, jolski and Pad thai boy) have stepped in and Jimbo will remain in a part-time capacity front of house. B)

So some good news at last. :yes:

I wish all of them 'chok dee' :drinks:

That is great news. I hope it goes well for them.

15 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Hard to make sense out of this as I unfortunately had to put the ignore button in use. Is Sweethearts opening after all or will KRUS employ Jimbo? Hope its the DJ spot if so.

@sevenJimbo and his business partner were unable to negotiate a cheaper rent with the building owner so Sweethearts was going to close.

The owners of KRUs, Youngone, Jolski and Pad Thai Boy have stepped up to keep Sweethearts Bar open, employing Jimbo part-time as front of house host (no doubt he will be in charge of music too!).

KRUs is unable to re-open at present because of ongoing roadworks/remodelling of Walking Street.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, has begun to lift the last few remaining restrictions including re-opening sports stadiums with crowds, allowing chicken fighting matches and full school schedules and activities.

However, Pattaya entertainment business owners continue to ask when closing times will be restored to pre-Covid-19 levels officially.

Unofficially, the actual time of closing varies currently which has caused some business owners to claim unfairness with their venues being closed at the current legal time of Midnight while some are allegedly open much later.

Pattaya City holds a special administrative status which gives city officials many benefits, one of them being later legal entertainment venue hours than most of the country and legal ability to sell alcohol at those venues.  As a country, the general legal time to stop selling alcohol and close entertainment venues has always been Midnight but certain tourist reliant locations, such as Pattaya, have had the ability to have special administrative rules.

However, the current Emergency Decree in place to control the Covid-19 coronavirus, currently extended until at least the end of August, takes priority over the special zoning status, meaning Pattaya legally is currently supposed to close at Midnight.

Already reeling from lack of foreign tourists and a four month lock-down related closure earlier this year venues across the city, especially those focused on domestic Thai tourism, have pleaded with city officials to return the closing times to at least 2:00 AM as it was before.

Unfortunately, the CCSA has so far stated that this is unlikely and the only defense given is that the National closing time is Midnight. So, for now, Pattaya may have to wait until special administrative zone abilities are returned which would happen when the Emergency Decree expires. However, there is no sign of that happening any time soon.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/08/12/entertainment-venues-officially-closing-after-midnight-unlikely-before-end-of-emergency-decree-in-pattaya/

• Like 1

I have seen this new thing with punters buying rounds, lady drinks, ringing bell online  and have to say its one of the saddest thing Ive seen during this flu pandemic.  It's almost as sad as that video from Tree Town a couple months ago.

I get the girls and bars are struggling, but seriously?  I can almost hear the infamous slogan from a few years ago: "Its for chaaaaarity!"

• Like 3

10 hours ago, seven said:

I have seen this new thing with punters buying rounds, lady drinks, ringing bell online  and have to say its one of the saddest thing Ive seen during this flu pandemic

I was watching a update from Nick Dean on His NDTV Youtube site recently He wreaks of desperation. His latest is hiring a pro videographer to enable such a revenue from doing Live weekly events and in His words " Bringing Pattaya to you if you can't get to Pattaya".

• Like 3