She Won't Abandon Her Staff

Pdoggg

tj76.jpg

Nation TV went to Pattaya and discovered that the coronavirus pandemic has hit the so-called 'bar beer' owners terribly. 

Some among ten in Soi Wong Amat (Soi Na Klua 18) have sold up while others are desperate for the government to ease restrictions on them opening. 

They still have to pay rents, accommodation and food for staff and utilities. They don't want to abandon their employees. 

Em, aged 59, who has run TJ Bar for 16 years was in tears as she recounted how she won't abandon her 20 staff.

"What else am I going to do," she said. "I will just have to wait for the tourists to return whenever that is". 

https://www.nationtv.tv/main/content/378779483/

tj88.jpg

In the last two weeks there have been ZERO new Covid-19 cases in Thailand except for returnees from overseas who have been quarantined.  Isn't it time to let people earn their livelihood given the almost non-existent risk?

• Like 3

I suspect the junta sheds no tears for places that cater to those "dirty farang".  Possibly they are hoping this takes OUT all those nasty street vendors and other table shops in the  way of their plan to make LOS like any other tourist destination...filled with over priced hotels, restaurants and malls.

Soi 18? i thought it was soi 4...my bad, gotta go look at a map again :)

• Like 1

sorry, old timers moment there :) Plus I had a bunch of tabs open on different topics, and mighta been thinkin bout the Katty girls. Mind is on my mind...she was always quiet, which I've come to really like, and pleasant and SO not pushy I wondered if she really was there to pull in punters.  I don't recall anyone saying they took her to the loom. Plus Pokki/Pocky/Pokky? I think I will take both if I ever get back into LOS. I am afraid the junta boyz will ban USA entry for some time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

sorry, old timers moment there :) Plus I had a bunch of tabs open on different topics, and mighta been thinkin bout the Katty girls. Mind is on my mind...she was always quiet, which I've come to really like, and pleasant and SO not pushy I wondered if she really was there to pull in punters.  I don't recall anyone saying they took her to the loom. Plus Pokki/Pocky/Pokky? I think I will take both if I ever get back into LOS. I am afraid the junta boyz will ban USA entry for some time.

Mind certainly has her fans JSG. i don't know personally but some guys really rate her highly. As you say, very quiet but no problem with that. When she is on form she can be up there with Teya and Sunny. Mind is around but still hoping to get home to see mum in Laos for a while once the border opens. She [Mind] has one of those gorgeous teak houses in Laos.... very big.

Pokki has gone off somewhere, don't know where, but is probably still contactable by the other girls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1