Casanova is no more, as is Mercury Bar

rxpharm

5 hours ago, Papa Sam said:

I think it will become a bar for Japanese / Chinese punters:

According to Stickman:

"The space that was Casanova is being worked on and it looks like reopening can’t be too far away. New signage outside is features three lines of script in one of the Asian languages. No idea what it says!"

121805329_10218740617927378_680154028473

121981938_10218747960430936_729731995501

122263927_10218756156875842_604664359246

122489418_10218799738965367_136417997639

A shame, as I have memories of meeting a certain JoJo there a few years ago. A great time was had!.

Proof that you can't beat experience. God she was good.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Papa Sam said:

Casanova's successor, called Club 69, is now open and as expected is a GG bar...

image.png.87f78ede9df859f845303872911e858d.png

It makes you wonder what happens to the staff when this happens.

Jojo who I met there was no spring chicken. Nice girl but assigned to the scrap heap of LB's I guess as of now. Back to Isaan or somewhere like it and try and earn a few thousand baht a month doing whatever?.

6 hours ago, Woodie said:

It makes you wonder what happens to the staff when this happens.

Jojo who I met there was no spring chicken. Nice girl but assigned to the scrap heap of LB's I guess as of now. Back to Isaan or somewhere like it and try and earn a few thousand baht a month doing whatever?.

In normal times, they would typically move to another lb bar, however, with so many of the lb bars closed down, your guess that they moved back to the home towns is likely correct. The other option they have is to try and start up a small business. Some bar/cabaret lbs have started up their own street food stalls, but I think the majority have headed back to their home towns. One of my lb friends told me that Chaiyaphum (in Isaan) has had a large increase in the lb population over the last year.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 8:50 AM, Papa Sam said:

"The space that was Casanova is being worked on and it looks like reopening can’t be too far away. New signage outside is features three lines of script in one of the Asian languages. No idea what it says!"

The top line is Japanese, the middle line is Chinese and the bottom line is Korean. A quick run through Google translate shows it roughly gives the name of the bar in each of those languages, along with a brief description that ladies will be available.

• Like 2

Seems that for the new gogo bar that took Casanova's place a Thai guy from Chiang Mai is looking for investors on Facebook:

"Want to find a partner to open the best Agogo Style VIP shop in Nana. Model grader.

If interested, contact.

Line ID : roemkaow

Tel: 081-0234517"

https://www.facebook.com/apichart.sudthiviseschai/posts/4098308916858083

image.png.bf2c57bb9c78476da18f8ce2eaa56fdb.png

image.png.34a8b1a9b92155c115f6b7f32fbec23a.pngAnyone interested?

• Like 1

Fingers crossed, Sith...

Here's a video that was uploaded yesterday but apparently was filmed INSIDE Nana Plaza shortly before the pandemic: at 0:50 and 4:06 (the lovely Faye with the green skirt and the white bra by the way) you can see some Casanova girls waiting for you and me:

At 0:10 on the left hand side it's Mercury ladyboy bar which sometime last year already was sold to Mandarin next door. Mercury can also be seen around the 3:11 mark.

At 0:22 and 3:20: Temptations ladyboy bar, aka 'Temps'. Temps is now also history and will NOT be reopening anymore...

At 1:03 you'll see DC 10. Love them or hate them but it's yet another ladyboy bar that became a victim of covid-19... They too will not open again...

At around 1:40 and 4:55 on the left hand side there's Straps, the post-op ladyboy bar that still exists today. To the right there's Chili ladyboy bar, now a GG coyote club called "Whiskey and GoGo."

2:17: A GG bar called Geisha. This used to be Cascades / Charades...

This means the only Nana Plaza lb bars that have survived the pandemic so far are Straps and Obsession...

.·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

Here's part 1 of the movie, also filmed INSIDE Nana Plaza Bangkok before the pandemic:

https://youtu.be/UJX9N7hFb68

1:10 Casanova

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greatly appreciate your updates on the lb bars Papa Sam, we don't hear enough news about what's going on in Bangkok. However there's another 2 week lockdown ordered on all bars/nightclubs in Bangkok due to the "3rd Covid 19 wave". Hopefully this isn't the knock out blow for Straps and Obsessions.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The picture below was apparently taken within the last few days inside Nana Plaza. I'm not 100% sure (and please do correct me if I'm wrong), but I *believe* it could show the construction process inside what used to be Mercury and - in the background - Mandarin bars. The wall that separated the two bars has been removed. Mandarin's red grandstand type of seats are still there but look now a bit lost inside the bigger bar space.

Mercury was sold to Mandarin last year already and demolishion of Mercury begun in mid-2020. I haven't seen nor heard anything since about the construction progress (or lack) of the new, bigger bar.

MercuryMandarin.jpg.1cf7ca2f800e2efa2f1246b00da3d984.jpg

Source: anon

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 8:35 PM, rxpharm said:

...some gg bars are closed as well: ... London Calling

London Calling, located next to Obsession ladyboy bar in NEP was (at least in its final years) a (largely) post-op ladyboy bar. Here some scenes outside London Calling:

0:32-> London Calling

2:45-> True Obsession

I remember sitting one night by that bar counter in front of London Calling (i.e., outside, facing other ground floor Nana Plaza bars such as Rainbow 2 and Obsession) when one of the LC girls dropped her panties (in full view of other people nearby) to proudly show me her man-made pussy...:clapping:

Btw in general I hate spy cam videos but since filming isn't permitted in Nana Plaza it's unfortunately the only realistic way to watch any footage from there. The video above must have been taken more than four, five years ago because the last couple of years they dropped the "True" in front of Obsession (not to be confused with Obsessions bar in Pattaya).

Boom first worked in Cascades:

image.png.54f91733c99e9c6093636c17a9768abe.png

then moved to London Calling:

image.png.84d17c9d7b95e8e9967c473ecb294e4f.png

image.png.1f4650abc6cc32cd7ab38317cb399723.png

Boom (left) with Mani (right):

image.png.46c4dfb388442dde019c71e2bb43a706.png

When London Calling couldn't pay its rent anymore, sometime in 2019 IIRC, she moved to DC 10 on the middle floor of Nana Plaza:

image.png.15bbb011d145ba2ca9c8a69009849e8b.png

image.png.ebb0c747d0b0e546a7140ca263247e23.png

Her name is Boom as well but I'm not sure if it's the same Boom (different nose?):

686x0_100_1_c_FFFFFF_b2e01ac8c23b242b3bf

Before it became a ladyboy bar, London Calling was indeed a GG show bar:

image.png.05f2c8e6e03e046b00caab947e0245c8.png

facebook.com/london.calling.9406

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004262897405

I remember the rent due notice posted outside London Calling by the operators (or rather their Thai bookkeeper) of Nana Plaza. The notice was addressed to a person in South England (though not from London I think).

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Fenton said:

First trip solo to BKK 2009, Casanova bar was my first bar.  

NEP will never be the same again.

One of my fave vids of NEP.

The ominous music warns of the danger that could be lurking in her panties!

Think Casanova was the first ladyboy bar to open in NEP.  I liked the layout.

My first NEP bar was Obsessions.  My first bar in Thailand, Pat Bar on Soi Half A Dozen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Casanova was the first ladyboy bar to open in NEP.  I liked the layout.

Visiting Nana Plaza in the mid and late 1990s, when approaching Casanova I would increase my walking speed in order to get past the amazonian ladyboys as quickly as possible....:laugh:

Nowadays I wished it would still exist...

The times they are a-changin'...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Jojo ... will never forget her either. Instead of aged, I would call it experienced. Back in 2016, probably the first ladyboy who put her c*ck in my mouth while having a drink in Casanova. Oh man, it was heaven ... Here some 'borrowed'  pics

2016 - Bangkok - Casanova bar - Jojo (11).jpg

2016 - Bangkok - Casanova bar - Jojo (4).JPG

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Am 3.4.2021 um 01:41 Uhr sagte Woodie:

Man fragt sich, was mit den Mitarbeitern passiert, wenn dies passiert.

Jojo, den ich dort getroffen habe, war kein Frühlingshühnchen. Nettes Mädchen, aber ab sofort dem Schrottplatz von LB's zugeteilt, schätze ich. Zurück in den Isaan oder so ähnlich und versuchen, ein paar tausend Baht im Monat zu verdienen, was auch immer?.

Wer weiß denn, wo Jojo jetzt arbeitet und/oder wie sie zu kontaktieren ist ?? Komme jetzt wieder nach BKK und will sie mir wieder regelmäßig gönnen ..

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2022 at 5:38 AM, Dan Miller said:

Jojo ... will never forget her either. Instead of aged, I would call it experienced. Back in 2016, probably the first ladyboy who put her c*ck in my mouth while having a drink in Casanova. Oh man, it was heaven ... Here some 'borrowed'  pics

2016 - Bangkok - Casanova bar - Jojo (11).jpg

2016 - Bangkok - Casanova bar - Jojo (4).JPG

JoJo and I were the last two people left at Casanova well after last call. She blocked the door and wouldn't let me leave. Since I only had 7 drinks in me. ... I was able to avoid rape. But if I had 14 drinks... this 40-something "experienced" vixen might have gotten her way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The-Sith said:

JoJo and I were the last two people left at Casanova well after last call. She blocked the door and wouldn't let me leave. Since I only had 7 drinks in me. ... I was able to avoid rape. But if I had 14 drinks... this 40-something "experienced" vixen might have gotten her way.

Well, she's no longer having the looks of the youngsters, but I think she'll compensate that with a real PSE. Next time, just go for '14' mate :db:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan Miller said:

Well, she's no longer having the looks of the youngsters, but I think she'll compensate that with a real PSE. Next time, just go for '14' mate :db:

what's "PSE" mean?

having 14 drinks and walking into Casanovas was how i got into this entire Ladyboy scene. My first LB was an accidental pick up in Patpong of what I thought was a petite girl.....after 14 drinks. My next LB was an intentional LB pick up of a cherub I almost fell in love with at Casanovas after 14 drinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1