Casanova is no more, as is Mercury Bar

rxpharm

Some bad news reported by the Stickman. Casanova and Mercury Bars are no more in Nana Entertainment Plaza - having not been able to make it through the COVID 19 loss of business. Also some gg bars are closed as well: Playskool, Rainbow 1 & 2, London Calling, and outside - Hillary 4. The NEP owners are offering some strong incentives for taking over the empty spots, but it would be a big gamble as it may take up to 2 years for tourism to get back to normal in LOS.

To the end of an institution - the oldest LB bar in Bangkok, and possibly Thailand,  Casanova closed. :drinks:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

End of an era!   Casanova always had the reputation for employing well hung ladyboys albeit not as passable as some of the girls in the other bars!

So anyone here want to operate Casanova?   From the article it appears there would be little or no upfront money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I must meet the gifted JoJo.  Perhaps when LBJ bar opens there can be a massage area with curtain :)

For your sake I hope there is. Very talented!. Not the youngest around but holy cow she knows what to do.

29 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

for me that's the important thing, and no drama. Genuinely cheerful personality is a plus.  Just so long as they're not a whale :)

She is no whale. No way I would have gone near her if she was.

ps Can't say I like your new avatar. Looks like something out of Nightmare on Elm St!.

8 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

says the guy with the no avatar, generic letter :)

how bout this one? While Az liked it as I recall, some seemed to not like it.  Maybe not fans of the soft uncut

Its your avatar Justy , do as you please

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

says the guy with the no avatar, generic letter :)

how bout this one? While Az liked it as I recall, some seemed to not like it.  Maybe not fans of the soft uncut

Merely expressing an opinion. No need to get upset and change it.

And you are right, not a fan of the soft uncut!.

If it makes you happy I will dream up an avatar, Justy!.

Is this avatar better than a letter?.

Cant recall the wooden door. A lot of the girls seem to sit outside on the terrace, which is where I bumped into JoJo. It was about 15 minutes after a disasterous 3some attempt with 2 attractive but really poor performers from Obsessions. One of the most negative experiences of my LB time.

Not to worry though, JoJo more than made up for it. A real trooper. Goes to show that just because some girl is 20 and pretty, does not guarantee a great night!.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Only ever drank in there once, long time ago with Talisha.  From what I recall it had a wooden door unlike most places with curtains.

Good memory bumblebee!  Here is a photo of Casanova during the day, with its closed door.

DSC02422.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomcat said:

the bar spawned the lovely "Candy"  ... and her many admirers like Candylover ( remember him) and TT Chang

I remember Candy alright, because I fancied the fookin arse of her and would have took her in an instant if it wasn't for her being a favourite of TT Chang at the time and him being a mate. 

Stogie Bear also did a selfie video of him and Candy fornicating in the loom I believe :biggrin:

I still have some pics of Candy thinking of what could of been, a regret for sure.

A perfect 'femboy' with a lovely cock :spiteful:

IMG_20200606_192728.jpg

IMG_20200606_192928.jpg

IMG_20200606_192946.jpg

IMG_20200606_193006.jpg

• Like 4

The resident Mamasan must be on the street map by now  she has been there for so long.  she was ok really and i used to buy her a drink or two on occasion.although i had to push her away sometimes as she had the habit of inviting herself along as a facilitator to often.....

anyway im sure she will be there if the bar survives

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcat said:

The resident Mamasan

She was ok, if we talk about the same. Nee, I think her name was. Used to fuck the guys doggy with her thumb as she couldn't get it up. She knew all the tricks in the book.

• Haha 1

TT Chang was their best patron and he would know her name. Ill ask him later , we chat on LINE ID once a month.I think he had his own comfy chair in the corner

He is still stuck in Melbourne and even he knew of the sad demise of a famous institution ..i think Candy must have told him., she works in 7/11 now i do believe.

News travels fast these days

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the update Papa Sam!   :drinks:

That's the end of an era for sure.  I'm sure many of us got naughty in that joint!  Although the Amazonians who worked there were not really my type, I did like the layout of the place.   Casanova had a comfy feeling to it.  One might expect there to be more pressure in a place with these somewhat rougher looking girls but I found the opposite to be true.   I also liked the layout of Mercury Bar and when bars close less choice for the punter.  

I don't like the re-modeling although it looks like it can now handle more customers although not many customers around. Wonder if it will be LB or GG?

So I guess True Obsessions is the longest running Bangkok ladyboy bar if the name change from Obsessions to True Obsessions doesn't disqualify?   

I prefer lounge style bars to what Stogie branded as shitpits referring to the NEP bar's pressure and pricing.   But I guess if all the shitpits were gone we'd miss them.

I have no idea of Thai contract law, but unless you have invested lots of upfront money it seems just walking away for a lease is a good option if future rent is no longe due and when rents drop and tourists comeback quickly reopen in a new location.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Wonder if it will be LB or GG?

I hope LB!  :gamer4:

I also liked the layout of Casanova (RIP). But frankly speaking, it was time for a refurb...

Judging from the Twitter pics above, the layout of the new bar reminds me of Temptations, Cockatoo, and Shadow Bar. All three have a very similar layout. 

The dance poles in particular remind me of Cockatoo... 

Interesting how they space the seats 6 feet (?) apart from each other... 

• Like 1