On the Ground/ Bangkok, Phuket

RandiUno2

This may sound crazy, but I have non-refundable tickets to Bangkok for later this month and thinking of making the flight. Was supposed to have a 3 week trip with my daughter through South East Asia as a graduation present.

What is going on on the ground. Are foreigners still denied entry/required to self quarantine 14 days?

Are restaurants open? Any tourist sites/temples open in Bangkok?

Had crazy idea of spending two days in Bangkok going to a couple of main tourist attractions, and then spending 2 1/2 weeks on the beach in Phuket or Krabi, but not sure this is even possible. 

Are beaches still completely closed throughout the country?

Hope springs eternal even as my country devolves into a banana republic status and the world careens through a 100 years pandemic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RandiUno2 said:

Are foreigners still denied entry/required to self quarantine 14 days?

Most foreigners are still denied entry and those who enter must quarantine at an approved facility for 14 days.   Currently, under these conditions, one must have a work permit or Thai wife or kid.

Are beaches still completely closed throughout the country?

Pattaya Beach is now open.  I think most of the beaches are now open. Phuket was hit harder than most so perhaps not.

15 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Most foreigners are still denied entry and those who enter must quarantine at an approved facility for 14 days.   Currently, under these conditions, one must have a work permit or Thai wife or kid.

I don't need a wife but I am thinking more and more of having a kid..

Gotta think more about it when this covid thing goes away.

Strange evolution considering I generally hate kids and so does my "lb wife".