Condo Deals

Pdoggg

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

a bit middle of nowhere PD. My daughter stayed there i think. okay to get to 2nd road but no buses and a fair walk into jomty.

3 hours ago, Sylvester said:

I would guess 5K to 7K per month.

26 minutes ago, Quinn said:

Yes for a shoebox !

Sylvester gets the prize!  Yes, only 5K a month for a modern shoebox somewhat off the beaten track.   While people may be renewing leases (or insisting on month to month) and paying slightly over the odds for places they like,  it seems that people willing to move can find bargains.   

There are many older, small, dingy places that farang live in Pattaya that I kind of assumed rented for approx 5K.   I would think some of these guys might be upgrading to pool condos.         

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Sylvester gets the prize!  Yes, only 5K a month for a modern shoebox somewhat off the beaten track.   While people may be renewing leases (or insisting on month to month) and paying slightly over the odds for places they like,  it seems that people willing to move can find bargains.   

There are many older, small, dingy places that farang live in Pattaya that I kind of assumed rented for approx 5K.   I would think some of these guys might be upgrading to pool condos.         

Not criticizing guys who live in shoe boxes, but I don't know how they do it.

When in Pattaya and staying in a hotel, I am constantly looking for a reason to go out. Shopping for groceries, a meal etc etc. If the weather was bad and I was stuck inside, I don't know what I would do. Go crazy I guess?. If I lived there permanently I don't know how I would get on.

How do you guys manage?.

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

ow do you guys manage?.

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

How do you guys manage?.

well, rule number 1 for me Woodie is not to live in Pattaya.

Naklua or Jomtien suits me fine. happy in either.

as for going crazy? no problem, if you go crazy enough eventually you don't realise it....... no problem then!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

well, rule number 1 for me Woodie is not to live in Pattaya.

Naklua or Jomtien suits me fine. happy in either.

as for going crazy? no problem, if you go crazy enough eventually you don't realise it....... no problem then!

Must be the reason why I dont realize it!.

13 hours ago, Woodie said:

If I lived there permanently I don't know how I would get on.

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

And there is the answer.:biggrin: Very well put , BBG.

I honestly believe that you will eventually go crazy living full-time in Patts, whatever the definition of crazy is.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, seven said:

I honestly believe that you will eventually go crazy living full-time in Patts, whatever the definition of crazy is.

:biggrin: I can attest to that :yahoo:never been the same since. :drinks:

• Like 1

Was looking at units for sale looking for 1 bedrooms available for Foreign Ownership.  There are also condos available with Thai ownership and the somewhat dubious Company Ownership.   

Park Lane has a 36 sq meter, 1 bedroom, Foreign Ownership unit for 1.2 million baht.  Like many Jomtien condos a bit of a walk from Jomty 2nd Road.   I expect the real estate market to decline further as Jomtien was already over built prior to Coronavirus.

Don't know much about Park Lane and have never walked there but the pool looks appealing. 

parklane.jpeg

right  ring master. good point. Mine is North facing, gets no Sun at all until the last rays about 5 pm. gets the breeze and i never need to use air-con unless it's a very hot day. 

probably used it for 2 hours this year in total. i always laugh when i get my electric bill, last month was 170 baht.

these things are well worth taking into account when buying

• Like 2

Never underestimate the sun! I also stayed in an end-of-terrace shophouse, top floor with a flat roof. Even with the a/c rolling all day it never dropped below 29C, and when it rained it just dribbled down the walls. I didn't stay there for too long.

59 minutes ago, ring_master said:

Never underestimate the sun!

Why is northfacing cooler than southfacing?   I thought if you face the east you get morning sun and if you face the west you get afternoon sun.

Where I'm living now faces south if Pattaya Klang is north of Pattaya South.   But probably not even close to due north.   

The hottest time in my apartment was between 3PM and 4PM as the sun gets lower.  But in May it is not as hot anymore as it was in the supposedly cool months of December and January. Guess it has to do with the seasonal tilt of the Earth or some other factor that I'm not aware of.

2 hours ago, ring_master said:

Ask any gardener about south facing! The sun sets in the west, which by that time is cooler but south gets the full brunt of the hot afternoon sun.  North is better because things haven't had time to heat up yet.

OK, thanks Ring Master.  And also thanks for the video!    :biggrin:

Would things be different in the Southern Hemisphere where supposedly the toilet swirls in the opposite direction?

16 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

OK, thanks Ring Master.  And also thanks for the video!    :biggrin:

Would things be different in the Southern Hemisphere where supposedly the toilet swirls in the opposite direction?

Actually I gave you the 'wrong' video - this is the one I meant to show beneath. I'd certainly consider it myself (especially as it has communal washing machines) at that price and I think the author's own cost of living estimates are about right for a long term expat.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ring_master said:

Actually I gave you the 'wrong' video - this is the one I meant to show beneath. I'd certainly consider it myself (especially as it has communal washing machines) at that price and I think the author's own cost of living estimates are about right for a long term expat.

Pre-Covid, he found a very good deal snagging a pool condo for 6K.  He seems to spend more on food than I do.  I guess his "Leisure" category is primarily booze and ladies which can very greatly from person to person. 

He owns his own motobike which means that housing that is somewhat inconvenient on foot would be OK if one is comfortable riding a moto in Pattaya.  Without a motobike, you probably don't want to be too far from a baht bus.