007 movies - best and worst

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

I would like to see when the new Bond starts that they do short story about him taking over from the retired bond that the name he is given " James Bond "  comes with the 007 number 

That would be a direct contradiction of everything Ian Fleming wrote in his books about James Bond being given that name at birth by his scotsman father Andrew Bond and a swiss mother, as reiterated in the Skyfall movie that has Bond going back to his childhood house (Skyfall Lodge).

I don't see how they are going to resurrect him, but in Skyfall Bond is asked "Where the hell have you been?" upon reappearing one night in a darkened alley. "Enjoying death," he replies. "Everybody needs a hobby." "What's yours?" "Resurrection."

One clever way out would be for his little girl to become MI6 and the line would become: The Name is Bond, Mathilde Bond... Not quite the same ring to it, but would take care of this political correctness obsession with Bond NO LONGER being a white man... the black 007 chic in No Time To Die is thus a possibility.  Personally, if Bond has to be diversityfied I'd rather see him cast as a tranny:  The name is Bond, Jamesina LaDiva Bond.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rom said:

That would be a direct contradiction of everything Ian Fleming wrote in his books about James Bond being given that name at birth by his scotsman father Andrew Bond and a swiss mother, as reiterated in the Skyfall movie that has Bond going back to his childhood house (Skyfall Lodge).

I don't see how they are going to resurrect him, but in Skyfall Bond is asked "Where the hell have you been?" upon reappearing one night in a darkened alley. "Enjoying death," he replies. "Everybody needs a hobby." "What's yours?" "Resurrection."

One clever way out would be for his little girl to become MI6 and the line would become: The Name is Bond, Mathilde Bond... Not quite the same ring to it, but would take care of this political correctness obsession with Bond NO LONGER being a white man... the black 007 chic in No Time To Die is thus a possibility.  Personally, if Bond has to be diversityfied I'd rather see him cast as a tranny:  The name is Bond, Jamesina LaDiva Bond.

So far he has been Scottish,  Australian,  English all from the same parents, they are clever. 

Sorry but I will not allow misinformation about my idol James Bond. who is unequivocally a Britt of Scottish lineage.   What most people don't know is that he was born in ... GERMANY !

In You Only Live Twice (1964), Bond fakes his own death, and M writes him an obituary that mentions the names and nationalities of his parents:  Andrew Bond, a Scottish man (like Connery!) and Monique Delacroix a Swiss national — adding to the spy's international flair.  His Scottish ancestry is confirmed in a couple subsequent Bond movies, namely Skyfall.

In 1973 an Authorized Biography of 007 was published and fans discovered that James Bond was born in Wattenscheid/Bochum near Essen, in the Ruhr region of Germany on November 11, 1920 as is father was stationed there following WWI... 

There is no connection between Bond and Australia and none of the movies' scenes took place there.  The only connection perhaps was aussie actor George Lazenby who starred in 1, and only 1!, Bond movie...

Hope this helps

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Footsies up, beer AND wine, enjoy the show Dukey!    :biggrin:

What did amuse me was when the delightful young ticket checker thought the drinks were for me and my other half, she laughed when I said they were both for me. :rolleye0012:

She then added 'I have to ask you, which will you drink first?' to which I answered the Estrella Damm followed by the Rioja (a taste of Spain) :drinks:

If I didn't know any better I would have thought she was 'flirting' with me :spiteful:, but maybe she was just impressed with the Fred Perry Trainers, Socks, Jumper and Jacket I was wearing. B)

59 minutes ago, Rom said:

Sorry but I will not allow misinformation about my idol James Bond. who is unequivocally a Britt of Scottish lineage.   What most people don't know is that he was born in ... GERMANY !

In You Only Live Twice (1964), Bond fakes his own death, and M writes him an obituary that mentions the names and nationalities of his parents:  Andrew Bond, a Scottish man (like Connery!) and Monique Delacroix a Swiss national — adding to the spy's international flair.  His Scottish ancestry is confirmed in a couple subsequent Bond movies, namely Skyfall.

In 1973 an Authorized Biography of 007 was published and fans discovered that James Bond was born in Wattenscheid/Bochum near Essen, in the Ruhr region of Germany on November 11, 1920 as is father was stationed there following WWI... 

There is no connection between Bond and Australia and none of the movies' scenes took place there.  The only connection perhaps was aussie actor George Lazenby who starred in 1, and only 1!, Bond movie...

Hope this helps

I was referring to the actors origin , why because I can . With the new world and its politically correct shit who will be the next J Bond .Probably a half staved black woman from Ethiopia called Kevin with no teeth 

• Like 1

In the North End of Boston Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti Day but in Sodom By the Sea on Wednesday it's 100 baht day at Major Cineplex.   I can check and see if construction has begun on the 40 agogos planned for the Avenue..   :crazy:.

If Bond is sold out, I guess I can check out the BlackPink movie or US vs Billie Holiday.  

bp4.jpegbillie.jpeg

prince.jpeg

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

If Bond is sold out

Watched the movie and it was pretty good, a bit long, no ashtrays in theatre. I remember watching For your eyes only in Engerland   of all places in early 80s, they had these handy built in ashtrays into the armrest. Like in airplanes. Went home and dreamt of Sheena Easton.

Craig is hands down the best Bond, imo. Hopefully the next Bond will be female or a black man or even a trans person.

€20 for a cinema ticket.:blink:

'I can check and see if construction has begun on the 40 agogos planned for the Avenue..   :crazy:.'

Build it and they will come. Or not.

• Like 2