Anybody been to Krabi and if so what is it like?.

When we are allowed to go back to LOS I have thought about going down Phuket way again and across to PhiPhi Islands. The gf likes it there. Thought maybe that it might be good to go via Krabi.

• Like 2

Krabi is great. Breathtaking Landscape. Ferry from Krabi to Phuket takes about 3.5 hours.
Take a companion along as there is very little Ladyboy action in Krabi. I only found a small cabaret at beach road at Ao Nang beach..
When you look for a Hotel, don't book "Ao Nang Pearl". It's a shithole.

• Like 2

There is ladyboy action in Krabi, but I preferred when I had been there with a ladyboy picked up in Bangla road (2013).

You can find a lot of attractive trips departing from Krabi or Ao Nang. Just be careful that Krabi is about 9 SM away from Ao Nang. Please note that Koh Phi Phi is a part from Krabi province. 

Regarding ladyboys, you will ladyboys mainly in Ao Nang :

At RCA entertainment . As a matter of fact I didn't like the ones I saw from far. I had tried a girl in a bar, she was just a GG. Snoop dawg should explain you better if he remembers his time over there.

At Central Point.   You will find the blue dragon cabaret. After the last show at night, the ladyboys of the cabaret freelance on the beach road. Beware of scams though. 

I had found a ladyboy in a massage shop. She was funny but not really a hottie maybe not a pro of p4p. 

I contacted a ladyboy in Thaifriendly. She was tall, not so pretty. She was actually working as a chef in a 4 stars hotel and was looking for a boyfriend. Chemistry didn't operate. 

I found 2 ladyboys using Wechat, one in Krabi and one in Ao Nang. The one I had found in Krabi was OK. She came from Bangkok and took care not to stay too long a time. The other one had worked at Check in Bar before. She came to my hotel for a ST and get her 1,500 baht. 

You must be careful of tourists scams in Ao Nang. It seems to be a part of the local culture.  I will post about it later. Thanks heaven I was fairly experienced in traveling in Thailand when this happened. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Krabi is great. Breathtaking Landscape. Ferry from Krabi to Phuket takes about 3.5 hours.
Take a companion along as there is very little Ladyboy action in Krabi. I only found a small cabaret at beach road at Ao Nang beach..
When you look for a Hotel, don't book "Ao Nang Pearl". It's a shithole.

Thanks for that Duncan

2 minutes ago, P&G said:

There is ladyboy action in Krabi, but I preferred when I had been there with a ladyboy picked up in Bangla road (2013).

You can find a lot of attractive trips departing from Krabi or Ao Nang. Just be careful that Krabi is about 9 SM away from Ao Nang. Please note that Koh Phi Phi is a part from Krabi province. 

Regarding ladyboys, you will ladyboys mainly in Ao Nang :

At RCA entertainment . As a matter of fact I didn't like the ones I saw from far. I had tried a girl in a bar, she was just a GG. Snoop dawg should explain you better if he remembers his time over there.

At Central Point.   You will find the blue dragon cabaret. After the last show at night, the ladyboys of the cabaret freelance on the beach road. Beware of scams though. 

I had found a ladyboy in a massage shop. She was funny but not really a hottie maybe not a pro of p4p. 

I contacted a ladyboy in Thaifriendly. She was tall, not so pretty. She was actually working as a chef in a 4 stars hotel and was looking for a boyfriend. Chemistry didn't operate. 

I found 2 ladyboys using Wechat, one in Krabi and one in Ao Nang. The one I had found in Krabi was OK. She came from Bangkok and took care not to stay too long a time. The other one had worked at Check in Bar before. She came to my hotel for a ST and get her 1,500 baht. 

You must be careful of tourists scams in Ao Nang. It seems to be a part of the local culture.  I will post about it later. Thanks heaven I was fairly experienced in traveling in Thailand when this happened. 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Have read some good comments about Koh Lanta. Might sling my hook over that way for a night or two.

For a short while I lived on Koh Lanta and know it quite well.   Woody, If you are thinking of going there, suggest that you PM me before booking a place to stay.   The big informational Koh Lanta websites are a good starting point   But caveat emptor.   Khlong Khong beach sounds pretty good from the description below. 

Klong Khong Beach is a 3 kilometre stretch of beautiful soft sand fringed with palm trees in the middle of Koh Lanta. It’s well-known for having very friendly locals.  Klong Khong is a bit less developed and more peaceful than the neighbouring beaches. The beach itself has a pleasant collection of cafes and bars and hotels, and there’s also some beautiful private villas for hire which are surprisingly affordable.

Slightly more honest is the review below from another website

Often overlooked between its more famous neighbours Long Beach and Klong Nin, Klong Khong is a sleepy beach with a low-key mix of bars and restaurants scattered along the beach itself and the road that runs behind it. While the beach itself is quite rocky, it’s got a very pleasant feel to it and a lot of laid back charm, especially as sunset comes in and the lanterns are lit along the beach.

The reality is that at high tide it's an ugly beach and at low tide it is utterly appalling, the worst beach I've ever seen.    

If you are staying on Lanta, I would recommend Long Beach aka Phra Ae.   But there are variations between North Long Beach, Central Long Beach, and South Long Beach.   These three areas are separated by estuaries which depending on the time of the year and the time of the month, just like a woman, can be easy to cross or slightly more problematic.    During the day easy enough to navigate but if you are stumbling home drunk doable but not ideal.   Then there is a fourth area the very small extreme south of Long Beach that I wouldn't recommend.  Northern Long Beach has the most active nightlife.  Central Long Beach has a very quiet, beautiful beach. I lived in Southern Long Beach.  On the main road the estuaries are a non issue.

The main road hugs the western side of the island.  You can rent motobikes or if you don't want to drive drunk the main form of taxi transport is a motobike connected to a sidecar that fits about 4 people.

Lanta visitors and expats tend to be in their 30's, a mix of divers, digital nomads, muay thai trainees and Swedish families.  Phi Phi visitors tend to be in their 20's getting wasted on buckets.  Phi Phi is only accessible by boat while Lanta you can take a van over first a car ferry and then a bridge.  

There is a very small bar and massage P4P area on Lanta that is extremely lame.  But a shitty P4P scene is better than none as when some friends visited they wanted to check it out.  But if you're with a girlfriend you wouldn't want to bring her to these shitholes for a drink.

I liked Lanta but am very hesitant to recommend it to anyone as it is a quiet scene.  That said you can find a party any night of the week and in some of the bars you can smoke weed on the beach or order shroom shakes if that's your thing.  Lanta is pretty much an asshole free zone (except moi) both local and farang.  The locals are friendly Muslims.  You can take a ferry from Phi Phi to Lanta so easy enough to do both.    Or do Ao Nang also if you want to see different places.

If you are going to Phi Phi or Lanta it's best between December and March.  These are very seasonal places with many businesses shut down during low season. Strongly suggest that you wait for high season before visiting these places.  Not even sure if the ferry to Phi Phi runs during monsoon season.

• Like 1
On 5/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, Pdoggg said:

For a short while I lived on Koh Lanta and know it quite well.   Woody, If you are thinking of going there, suggest that you PM me before booking a place to stay.   The big informational Koh Lanta websites are a good starting point   But caveat emptor.   Khlong Khong beach sounds pretty good from the description below. 

Slightly more honest is the review below from another website

The reality is that at high tide it's an ugly beach and at low tide it is utterly appalling, the worst beach I've ever seen.    

If you are staying on Lanta, I would recommend Long Beach aka Phra Ae.   But there are variations between North Long Beach, Central Long Beach, and South Long Beach.   These three areas are separated by estuaries which depending on the time of the year and the time of the month, just like a woman, can be easy to cross or slightly more problematic.    During the day easy enough to navigate but if you are stumbling home drunk doable but not ideal.   Then there is a fourth area the very small extreme south of Long Beach that I wouldn't recommend.  Northern Long Beach has the most active nightlife.  Central Long Beach has a very quiet, beautiful beach. I lived in Southern Long Beach.  On the main road the estuaries are a non issue.

The main road hugs the western side of the island.  You can rent motobikes or if you don't want to drive drunk the main form of taxi transport is a motobike connected to a sidecar that fits about 4 people.

Lanta visitors and expats tend to be in their 30's, a mix of divers, digital nomads, muay thai trainees and Swedish families.  Phi Phi visitors tend to be in their 20's getting wasted on buckets.  Phi Phi is only accessible by boat while Lanta you can take a van over first a car ferry and then a bridge.  

There is a very small bar and massage P4P area on Lanta that is extremely lame.  But a shitty P4P scene is better than none as when some friends visited they wanted to check it out.  But if you're with a girlfriend you wouldn't want to bring her to these shitholes for a drink.

I liked Lanta but am very hesitant to recommend it to anyone as it is a quiet scene.  That said you can find a party any night of the week and in some of the bars you can smoke weed on the beach or order shroom shakes if that's your thing.  Lanta is pretty much an asshole free zone (except moi) both local and farang.  The locals are friendly Muslims.  You can take a ferry from Phi Phi to Lanta so easy enough to do both.    Or do Ao Nang also if you want to see different places.

If you are going to Phi Phi or Lanta it's best between December and March.  These are very seasonal places with many businesses shut down during low season. Strongly suggest that you wait for high season before visiting these places.  Not even sure if the ferry to Phi Phi runs during monsoon season.

Thanks Pdoggg, I have been reading a bit about it. I dont mind a bit of quiet stuff, but the gf really wants to go back to Phi Phi. I think it a status thing. I've just been to Phi Phi etc etc.

You know the stuff. See what pans out over the next few months with flights etc.

Re Phi Phi. When we were there last time, she put her bikini on and wandered into the water. You could see the gg's and guys staring at her. It must piss the gg's off that she looks better than most of them!. I am sure some of it is them thinking, is she a girl?. Yes, no, could be?. This is her as she walks out of the water. I must say the water is fantastic!. And by the way, this photo was pre boob job, that bikini would not fit her today!!!. The girls would have more to be jealous of now.

20190507_120227.jpg

• Like 3