Pattaya On 1000 Baht A Day

pdogg

What u smokin PDogg, how can you do Pattaya on 1000 baht a day? :startle:

It can be done.

I'll start with housing and then move on in subsequent posts.

The foundation to Pattaya on a budget is a cost effective monthly rental. IMO lodging is not where you want to go super cheap since when you live in Patts full time one often spends lots of time at home. You need a location that works for you within walking distance and easy baht bus access to places you want to frequent. Or alternatively if you are a motobike guy then you can expand geographically.

Good wifi is impreretive for most of us. For me, a pool is a big plus.

Good monthly rentals start at 200 baht a day but realistically after paying for electric you'll be hard pressed to find a place you like for less than 300 baht a day. Even one a very tight budget you might consider paying 400 or 500 a day for a place that you really like.

Maybe I could do a companion thread on living on under 2000 baht per day in Spokane. I'd call it "The High Cost Of Low Living".

Here in Pattaya you can hear the low spark of high heeled boys!

OK, not every day is going to be less than 1000 baht, living here, you may not want to go out every night, and if you spend less than 1000 in a day, those baht can be applied to a future day.

Other than the rent the only other thing you have to spend money on everyday is food. But there are lots of delicious street stalls where u can sit down and have let's say a delicious plate of chicken and rice for around 30 baht. So on a day, where you just laze by the pool, read a book, watch the telly, surf the net and eat cheap you will have spent 400 on rent plus 100 on food coming in at just 500 baht for that day.

• Upvote 2

Here in Pattaya you can hear the low spark of high heeled boys!

OK, not every day is going to be less than 1000 baht, living here, you may not want to go out every night, and if you spend less than 1000 in a day, those baht can be applied to a future day.

Other than the rent the only other thing you have to spend money on everyday is food. But there are lots of delicious street stalls where u can sit down and have let's say a delicious plate of chicken and rice for around 30 baht. So on a day, where you just laze by the pool, read a book, watch the telly, surf the net and eat cheap you will have spent 400 on rent plus 100 on food coming in at just 500 baht for that day.

Great thread PB...very interesting

HR

Or alternatively if you are a motobike guy then you can expand geographically.

Good wifi is impreretive for most of us. For me, a pool is a big plus.

If I were to live in that area, a motorbike would be key; as PD says, then you could expand and live outside the touristy areas; NICE homes are available across the highway for 10-15K baht per month, apartments probably half that.

Wifi also important of course, we all need internet these days even if we don't work on-line. Pool is nice also but for me not as important as having a nice beach nearby.

I'd guess a lot of people can live in Pattaya for 30K baht, but they'd have to keep an eye on their drinking and whoring; that stuff adds up quickly. Find a GF, stay in a lot, get beer chang at the 7/11 for 30 baht, eat local food, etc....

My 60K a month budget easily covers the comfortable lifestyle I choose to live, and if I really tried I could cut back on that. To me the best part of living in Thailand is because of how cheap it is to live here.

Having moved to Thailand 2 years ago next month, and living in Ko Samui, I hope I can add a little without going off topic to much. It's more expensive here than Pattaya but there are ways.

The biggest thing that hit me is when u eliminate work from your life the day needs to be filled and that can lead to unnecessary spending, some thing I think people who want to stay here dont consider. I know I didnt think it would be an issue when I was sat in grey/bleak and LB less blighty.

I do over come this though by doing the free things available here such as cycling the mountains and being rewarded for the effort by taking in nature and the awesome views I never tire of. Walking my Dog on the beach checking out the chick's going home and having a wank that alone saves a 1000 baht. :thumbsu: ETC ETC.

Being a visual person and of weak reistance to hot legs on LB's I need to stay away from places of temptation as I dont think Ive ever walked through Soi 6 and out the other end without being extracted of 1000 baht and all body fluid's.

I do manage and great life here now on 50,000 a month and I can go over if it's really necessary but seldom do. Anyway daily out goings are as such for me in Samui

Housing... free as I built my own,

Bike 83 a day ( best to buy one and have it to sell later )

UBC satelite 48 a day

Cat aircard for internet 28 a day

Electric on average 76 a day

Eating out once a day 100 a day ( I cook at home twice a day )

Food for cooking average 150 a day

So thats 485 baht a day to stand still.

As many of you know I am not too familiar with Thailand. But PD's idea sounds good to me.

I live in Vietnam (for those who don't know) and spend basically in Vietnam dong (local currency) the equivalent of 1000 baht a day. I live well. I go out with VNese or expat mates about once a week (eating and drinking) and live a quiet homelife the rest of the time.

In this country I am free of the temptations of LB bars or Sunee Plaza - which I save up for holidays. (Vietnam has nothing similar.) So that helps the budget.

It's not my issue, but I think Foggy's point if a very important one: that finding ways to fill the time once work is no longer an issue. It will affect many expats living in Asia, whether Thailand or otherwise.

• Upvote 1