MY THAI WIFE (HOW GUYS LOSE IT ALL IN THAILAND)

RandiUno2

I saw this film about 7 years ago, but it had taken down and purged from the interwebs.  Does anyone know what the issue is with the movie? Is anyone aware of where a copy can be obtained?  I still think it was one of the most intense films about the risks many face in attempting to develop a relationship in Thailand as an ex-pat.  

Anyway, I have obviously gone through my private DVD library, completed all the missions on my video games, and I caught up on all the shows on Netflix, so need some additional content to fill the time.

All the best,

RandiUno

• Upvote 1

Is the movie My Thai Bride, a doco about a Welsh guy made in 2011?

Synopsis – one paragraphTed, a 46-year old salesman from Wales, visits Thailand on business. After revelling in the carnal pleasures of Bangkok, he falls in love with Tip, a bar girl. They marry and start a new life in her poor, rural home. Ted soon finds he isn’t alone. In northeast Thailand marriage to foreign men has become an industry. Things soon sour for Ted. His money has disappeared much faster than he expected. No one seems to want him around the farm anymore. When Ted asks Tip if she loves him, she replies: “I can’t eat or drink your love.” Ted returns home destitute, having learned what his Thai wife already knew: without money you lose everything.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/mythaibride

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have learned something over the years and I think most of you have too..

If you take a thai person overseas.. they treat you like gold because you hold the cards and are able to keep a healthy living. It generally stays that way because most are not eager to hold down a job, would rather stay at home, watch youtube all day but do manage to clean the house and do laundry.

However if you move to thailand, you have to treat them like gold because most of the time you have to depend on them for everything - translation to bankers/ doctors/ immigration officials / police officials unless your own Thai is enough to get around with.

Really don't need a movie to watch that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashoka said:

I have learned something over the years and I think most of you have too..

Really don't need a movie to watch that.

There's some truth in what you say, but as in life generally, it really depends on the actual people involved. The effort the guy puts in; the relationship itself; the rules (written or unwritten) and the give and take that makes it all work (or not). I'm learning more Thai; my other half is learning more English. We have our moments, sure, but so do many "normal" relationships.

I've written this, not having seen the movie - just from my own life, which is still going. I'll look into the movie more now though.

• Like 1

Many relationships fail for the usual reasons, sometimes folk just get fed up with each other after a while. I seen the video a few years back and it atypical of how a bar girl traps her prey, gets what she wants, then said benefactor is spurned ready for the next victim. They are far more practical & better at it than us mere Farangs. B)

We've all heard the horror stories so more fool us if we get caned. I've personally never understood the part where the seed is planted that it's a good idea to build the house in her village...

In saying that there are fellas who have settled with their partners in the boonies and are quite content with their lot, good on them.

• Like 2

I remember I think it was a pig farm and he Paid for it , but owned nothing and she would only buy him a ticket home and he thought she was honest because he would leave his wallet in the room and she never touched it , basically it was the long con or is that something else I saw , anyway you can always look at my YouTube channel or cocoscope hint hint , cine ;)

On 4/26/2020 at 5:24 PM, sydneyjohn57 said:

Is the movie My Thai Bride, a doco about a Welsh guy made in 2011?

Synopsis – one paragraphTed, a 46-year old salesman from Wales, visits Thailand on business. After revelling in the carnal pleasures of Bangkok, he falls in love with Tip, a bar girl. They marry and start a new life in her poor, rural home. Ted soon finds he isn’t alone. In northeast Thailand marriage to foreign men has become an industry. Things soon sour for Ted. His money has disappeared much faster than he expected. No one seems to want him around the farm anymore. When Ted asks Tip if she loves him, she replies: “I can’t eat or drink your love.” Ted returns home destitute, having learned what his Thai wife already knew: without money you lose everything.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/mythaibride

Thanks...that's the movie. I guess he changed the title.