The Future Travel for a World in Lockdown

duke007

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

how can i? i only see the shite you post!

Well that's because there aren't any stats for people who have recovered. How could there be?

People who test positive would be recorded by the test centre/lab. Though some people who get covid might not get tested, so figures are probably lower than in reality. 

People who are admitted to hospital would be recorded by the hospital obviously. These will be lower now as only serious cases are being admitted to hospital. More are being treated at home as the NHS has developed new ways of treatment.

People who die would be recorded - but only if covid is shown as a cause of death on the death certificate, which isn't always the case especially in the first few months of the pandemic, so the actual numbers could be higher. If your nephew had died in a car crash he would not have been recorded as a covid death unless covid was stated as a cause of death on his death certificate.

Who would/should possibly be able to record people who recovered?

so, why most days in Thai visa, or whatever it is called now are definite Thailand figures showing number of people infected, amount of people recovered and amount of deaths?. Because they are are bullshit figures right? Same as everywhere. Same as they always have been nearly everywhere.

you didn't answer the question before. so i'll ask again... some time back you happily posted a worldwide list of infections . One that caught my eye was Peru which evidently had 600,000. What happened to all them then.? not only that..please explain where that figure came from.. in a country that probably has one hospital, 2 doctors and a rusty syringe.

You [and you are not alone] are quite happily scaremongering and always have done QG, you may not have been deliberately doing so it's true. But all that sort of thing has compounded the mass panic going on.

Now i know the figures are collated by the well-respected John Hopkins hospital in Baltimore? Which to you makes them irrefutable, without stopping to think about how the figures are getting to them, who is sending them and the method of counting. They are just meaningless figures pulled out of thin air.

Many people are getting their kicks from all this sob-story stuff you and others have posted.. many [news]papers getting fat on misery. Let's have a think about the famous Auntie Durian who from a little table or blanket on the floor outside a 7-11 on Soi Buck was formerly making a hundred thousand baht a day selling Durian. Did you really think that through? Durian in Pattaya sells for around 150 baht a kilo. a decent average would be something like 3 kilos of edible fruit from each durian. Now i admit that arithmetic is not my strong point but say 400 baht a durian = then she was selling 2500 durian every day ??? so where were all the delivery trucks then? parked in thin air?

People shouldn't post dodgy figures and stories to suit their agenda or beliefs.. people are suffering and will be suffering for years now due to things like that.

if people want to stay inside while covid is going on, fine, probably wise, but making others suffer the same is not right. I wonder who the doctors and scientists will eventually blame for the mass depressions, suicides and similar illnesses caused by all this nonsense.

Any figures available for people who have died by not being able to see a doctor or misdiagnosis by telephone? don't worry, there won't be any.

46 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

You [and you are not alone] are quite happily scaremongering and always have done QG, you may not have been deliberately doing so it's true. But all that sort of thing has compounded the mass panic going on.

Right then, BBG, lets say your assumption is correct. But..why though? Why does illuminati and the lizards want to kill us all or scare us to death? What is there to gain? Whos directing this global conspiracy with every single country in the world in on it? Thats some damn impressive orchestrating. Is it Gates? Musk? Bezos? Bob?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seven said:

Right then, BBG, lets say your assumption is correct. But..why though? Why does illuminati and the lizards want to kill us all or scare us to death? What is there to gain? Whos directing this global conspiracy with every single country in the world in on it? Thats some damn impressive orchestrating. Is it Gates? Musk? Bezos? Bob?

lily.......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

lily.......

my god! did i just say 'Lily' !!! a bit of a typo there, what was i thinking of?

no, the mastermind has to be someone of pure evil.. someone who has suddenly got time on their hands possibly with bleached hair too...

someone who may become a legend... i can't say his name...

but it rhymes with Bendo.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

my god! did i just say 'Lily' !!! a bit of a typo there, what was i thinking of?

no, the mastermind has to be someone of pure evil.. someone who has suddenly got time on their hands possibly with bleached hair too...

someone who may become a legend... i can't say his name...

but it rhymes with Bendo.

Ok, I understand you don't want to elaborate, thats fine.  Was just thinking you might have an interesting answer as you seem to be a bright, openminded guy, something which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the most distinguishing trait reading many of the latest posts.

Sorry bbg I don't follow what is happening in every country so I don't know what the situation is in Peru now. John Hopkins University is a reputable US University which monitors the situation around the world. The figures they use are from individual Governments.

The overwhelming number of people who get covid do recover, some more quickly than others. I think I remember reading last year that only 2-3% will have serious complications or die from it. But 2-3% of any country's population needing to be hospitalised will overwhelm that country's health system.

15 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

But as you asked, I googled Peru's current covid stats.

sorry, too late! i had already done so myself. I must complain QG that as the forum's ace stats man, you can be very slow sometimes. We need information as soon as available!.

Why so slow? you're not taking them hoss pills i've been reading about are you?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

My maths isn't too good, but I think 199k deaths out of 2.18m infections would be a death rate of roughly 2%. So presumably about 98% recovered

That would be approaching 10% which would be horrible.

It is difficult to compare data from different countries as the data methodology differs and some may have an incentive to overreport and others underreport.  The more third worldish the more difficult.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, blind boy grunt said:

sorry, too late! i had already done so myself. I must complain QG that as the forum's ace stats man, you can be very slow sometimes. We need information as soon as available!.

Why so slow? you're not taking them hoss pills i've been reading about are you?

Well you didn't post the figures. Peru is one of the seven countries which will still be on the UK's Red List after next Monday.

Here is Peru's latest figures. 

Screenshot 2021-10-08 08.43.49.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Well you didn't post the figures. Peru is one of the seven countries which will still be on the UK's Red List

i don't post figures, that's your job!

you may not believe this but i paid 20k baht for a first class flight to Peru last week. Thinking that QG hasn't posted his doom and gloom stats recently,so things must be okay. I just needed a holiday. Half way to the airport i saw the figures and threw the ticket away.

don't panic, i'm not suggesting that your negligence should mean repayment of the ticket from you, not all of it anyway... 10k would do. Thanks.

and what on earth is a red list? is Peru Commie?

24 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

and what on earth is a red list?

UK has a Red List of 57 countries which have high covid rates. There are restrictions about returning from these. Returnees have to stay in a Government approved isolation hotel costing £2285 for 10 days, and take PCR tests.

Thailand was on the Red List. But most will be removed from next Monday, except seven countries including Peru.

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

you may not believe this but i paid 20k baht for a first class flight to Peru last week. Thinking that QG hasn't posted his doom and gloom stats recently,so things must be okay. I just needed a holiday. Half way to the airport i saw the figures and threw the ticket away.

Just as well. There aren't any 7/11s in Peru.

But they do have good coffee.

18 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

There aren't any 7/11s in Peru.

But tomorrow the first 7/11 opens in Mumbai.

Mukesh Ambani, Asia's richest man, will bring 7-Eleven Inc.'s convenience stores to India, adding to his burgeoning retail empire in the world's only billion-people-plus consumer market that's open to foreign firms.
Mr Ambani's Reliance Retail Ltd. secured the pact just days after troubled supermarket operator Future Retail Ltd. terminated its own agreement with one of the world's biggest convenience chains. The first 7-Eleven store will open Saturday in a Mumbai suburb, and will be followed by a further "rapid rollout" starting across India's financial hub, Reliance Retail said in a statement Thursday, without providing financial details.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/first-7-11-store-opens-in-mumbai-on-weekend-part-of-mukesh-ambani-retail-empire-2566800