The Future Travel for a World in Lockdown

duke007

2 hours ago, seven said:

Yup, and why not. Question will be how long the vaccine will last. When and if do you need a boost?  Annually?

You can  still get covid and infect others after being vaccinated.  The difference is you wont get sick or die.

Like Thailand you also need to present a negative covid test no older than 48 hours to get in here. 

Are we having fun yet.

Pharma is about creating annuities. Twice per year. And Maybe for the rest of our lives.... the Spanish Flu eventually became the seasonal flu with us to this day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The-Sith said:

Pharma is about creating annuities. Twice per year. And Maybe for the rest of our lives.... the Spanish Flu eventually became the seasonal flu with us to this day.

This is not only true of pharma - think any big multinational corporation and their strategies are all the same - hook the consumer on a never ending cycle of purchases - whether it is upgrading to the newest model, or using buying pricey consumables, and of course planned obsolescence.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, rxpharm said:

This is not only true of pharma - think any big multinational corporation and their strategies are all the same - hook the consumer on a never ending cycle of purchases - whether it is upgrading to the newest model, or using buying pricey consumables, and of course planned obsolescence.

So true.

TVs use to work for decades now only last a few years.

• 4 weeks later...

This sure as hell isn't helping the opening of the borders. Yesterday 6 European countries halted Astra Zeneca.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-pm-cabinet-cancel-fridays-022903052.html

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand delayed the use of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine scheduled to start on Friday with its prime minister and cabinet members taking the first shots, citing safety concerns after reports of blood clots in some vaccinated people in Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

This sure as hell isn't helping the opening of the borders. Yesterday 6 European countries halted Astra Zeneca.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-pm-cabinet-cancel-fridays-022903052.html

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand delayed the use of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine scheduled to start on Friday with its prime minister and cabinet members taking the first shots, citing safety concerns after reports of blood clots in some vaccinated people in Europe.

Also the AZ vaccine seems to not be terribly effective against the South African  strain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BigTel said:

Once again it's a no go for a trip even with the vaccine as they still have the plan to make you quarantine albeit it's shorter, but still quarantine.

Maybe things will change and loosen up in the coming months as we near high season, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Maybe things will change and loosen up in the coming months as we near high season, fingers crossed.

I would have agreed with you up until a few weeks BB, but already I see the wheels being put in motion for the goalposts to be moved yet again. The set agenda and promise of "get the vaccine and everything will be back to normal" is already being reneged on, with reports already coming out of "the vaccine alone won't get us through this, we are going to have multiple waves with a number of different variants" etc., all from these so called experts from science and medical advisory boards, who IMO have a personal set agenda and don't give two shiny shites about peoples livelihoods. The Government needs to grow a set and limit the powers of these attention seeking buffons. Yes, take their advise on board, along with the advise of experts from various other fields, but advisers are there to advise, Governments are there to decide, based on ALL the evidence.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ciobha said:

"get the vaccine and everything will be back to normal"

We can forget that. Vaccine nationalism prevents the less fortunate countries to get vaccinated and we should count Thailand among those. To think all thais will be vaccinated this year is silly. 

New strains will appear in non vaccinated countries and make the vaccine we have today useless to these new strains. I read tonight that one big concern is wether a vaccinated person can pass it on to a non vaccinated. There are no answers to that yet. Imagine if that is the case. Then Israel and other nationalists  can party on within their border and never ever let anyone in or anyone out. Sounds great.

I was optimistic for a long time to be able to return to Los this year. That has changed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Let's hope so B B,  it sure will be nice to get back there some day soon before I start thinking I am getting too old for all this  :biggrin:    :drinks:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ciobha said:

I see the wheels being put in motion for the goalposts to be moved yet again

Your right  there Ciobha,  one little thing that stuck out to me was the clause that even if you had the vaccine you had to travel within a 90 day period of having it, I had my first vaccine on March 19th and am expecting my second any time within their 12 week window period, now seeing how I usually take my trips in November with second vaccine due before May 14th it would mean I would be already ineligible to enter Thailand using the "Had my Vaccine rule.

I certainly can't see a scenario where I approach my local surgery just before a trip and say " could I have another vaccine please just to help me gain entry to Thailand.  :biggrin:  :drinks:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BigTel said:

Let's hope so B B,  it sure will be nice to get back there some day soon before I start thinking I am getting too old for all this 

No doubt when you passed some of the guys frequenting Beach road in the afternoon you must have thought to yourself I have years ahead of me still :) 

On 3/22/2021 at 8:09 AM, BigTel said:

Your right  there Ciobha,  one little thing that stuck out to me was the clause that even if you had the vaccine you had to travel within a 90 day period of having it, I had my first vaccine on March 19th and am expecting my second any time within their 12 week window period, now seeing how I usually take my trips in November with second vaccine due before May 14th it would mean I would be already ineligible to enter Thailand using the "Had my Vaccine rule.

I certainly can't see a scenario where I approach my local surgery just before a trip and say " could I have another vaccine please just to help me gain entry to Thailand.  :biggrin:  :drinks:

I am fully vaccinated (Moderna). I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if some kind of booster shot is needed by winter for the new variants. AstraZeneca was so ineffective against the South African variant they stopped using it in S. Africa for a while. And of course Thailand is pretty much all in on AstraZeneca. 

I likely will accept a week in quarantine for a two month trip. I don't want to and has been said maybe that will change. Hopefully it won't change for the worse. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xyzzy said:

I am fully vaccinated (Moderna).

Good. Astra Zeneca is stopped here too and I wouldn't touch it.  Most likely another boost will be needed come end of the year.

Say no to quarantine! And... If Thailand opens up say November December, I'm not sure I want to be around when all sex starved perverts invade.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, seven said:

Good. Astra Zeneca is stopped here too and I wouldn't touch it.

AstraZeneca just released new phase three trial data in the US that showed it's efficacy was 68%. A little better than J&J and much worse than Pfizer and Moderna. But I guess all this data is on the original strain. I don't know what the scoop is in EU but the blood clot thing didn't really seem to amount to much. At least that is what we hear over here. Apparently if you take any of these vaccines and still catch COVID your chance of getting seriously ill is near zero. But even if you caught a mild case in Thailand a big chunk of your trip could be ruined, you might get stuck in Thailand, etc. 

The latest data I saw was AstraZeneca was 10.4% effective in preventing the South African variant. Thailand has purchased 61 million does of AstraZeneca although they did just approve J&J. So if the S. African variant runs wild things might not be so good. It's one thing to contract something that might be a strong as the flu where you could stay at home and ride it out. Quite another to be in Thailand where what we do involves very close contact with other humans.

I haven't booked my January 2022 trip yet. But booking with miles I need to book early so it's about time to roll the dice.

roll the dice.gif

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Career opportunities.  No surprise. We'll see a lot of this  and of course false vaccine passports.

They couldn't even get the date trustworthy.

Tons of swedes have been traveling with this type of false certificate to Spain among other places.

______________________________ ________

Date of test: 30th of July 2021 at 1:15 PM.

Stockholm 30th of July 2021

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/06/20/fake-covid-19-pcr-rt-test-laboratory-found-in-sweden/

The Swedish police have arrested a person behind a company that had conducted more than 100,000 PCR-RT tests for flying purposes that were never processed. Still, a declaration of Covid-19 free was issued.

The principal, Hammad Al-Saaid, is wanted as arrested in his absence.

There is also a 55-year-old doctor who is suspected of having signed false results for rapid tests of covid-19 and issued travel certificates for unsuspecting customers.

Another man in his 40s has been arrested in his absence while three other people were arrested on Saturday.

Bought a health certificate to show at Arlanda

Hammad Al-Saaid is suspected together with the others under the name Doktorgruppen of having offered rapid tests on covid-19, so-called PCR tests, for SEK 500. They have also offered antigen tests.

Answers have been promised within six hours.

Customers who have received a negative test result have been able to buy a “freshness certificate” for an additional SEK 1,000 that has been used for travel to different countries, according to Expressen’s information.

The problem is that they have not analyzed the samples, according to police suspicions.

During the week, the police raided about five premises that the care company used in the Stockholm area.

– There is secrecy and we want to be able to investigate the suspicions that exist, says prosecutor Alexandra Bittner.

– The fear is that people who have received a false negative result have not received care in time. Another aspect is everyone who has traveled around the world who has been unknowingly infected, says a government source.

The private care company has in several places in the Stockholm area and around the country offered PCR tests and travel certificates for approximately SEK 1,500 each. The clinics have been open seven days a week and have offered answers within just a few hours.

They also state that during the pandemic they have had tens of thousands of “satisfied customers”.

The tests have been performed but never sent to the lab for analysis. Despite this, customers must have received negative test results and covid certificates back, according to information to Aftonbladet.

Conclusion

These fake Covid-19 tests must be very lucrative for criminals that charge 150 euros for a test that is never performed. You conduct 100,000 of them, and you suddenly have €15M windfall!

I am sure that this operation in Sweden is not the only one exposed after the dust settles, but there must be very officially looking fake Covid-19 test centers around the world.

Airlines and governments must rely on these very officially looking PDFs to prove that the person doesn’t have Covid-19. You could easily modify these by yourself with minimal computer skills rather than paying 100 to 150 euros for each test.

11700-195002064672-20210730-kjell-henningsson-clinics-pcr-test3.jpg

These two assholes are wanted for fraud.

427234_1000_549_2_thumb.jpg.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...