The Future Travel for a World in Lockdown

duke007

16 hours ago, lance2546 said:

Uh wow.

So you identify with Che, a ruthless murder who was even too far right for Castro. I'm sure Che would admire you as well for fucking ladyboys.

If Cuba was "America's whorehouse" what does that make Thailand? If Americans are evil to pay for sex are Europeans saints for paying?

So you may grace us with your presence post Trump? What hypocrisy. You pass judgement on the USA and praise a country where the slightest disagreement with royals is grounds for incarceration, or worse. If you were alive in 1944, you would probably opine "I want to visit a Nazi concentration camp, before the USA destroys them." Yeah Nazis held ladyboy fuckers in high esteem.

Enjoy your life with the CCP virus; I can't wait to hear you admiration for the CCP putting one million Uighurs in concentration camps.

I bet they also admire Che, just like you :biggrin:

Che was too far right? He was raised in a liberal, well-to-do household and studied medicine. While traveling around South America on his motorcycle he became radicalised by his encounters with the rural poor. He became a Marxist revolutionary, which would put him on the far left of the political spectrum.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quietguy said:

If I only went to countries where I thought the Government was good I wouldn't go anywhere

boy ain't THAT the TRUTH.  Any government that ain't an oppressive, 1% butt licker is in some place that's so cold you can't take a walk without risking freezing to death. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seven said:

And British colonialism. They were rarely peaceful events but never mentioned when Pol pot , Stalin, Castros  deeds are being discussed.

the money boys...capitalists (i.e. vikings).  My fav UK fuck wittery was using their military to overthrow China so they could keep peddling opium. But then many MANY countries backed ventures of greed, the Spanish did a real number on native populations, and so on. Of all the isms, I think capitalism has done WAY more harm. Possibly communism would not have gained such traction if capitalism was not a run away MAD bull in the world for so many years.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

boy ain't THAT the TRUTH.  Any government that ain't an oppressive, 1% butt licker is in some place that's so cold you can't take a walk without risking freezing to death. 

True. Maybe if Canada, Iceland, Sweden or some of the other sensible Scandinavian/Nordic countries could be moved closer to the Equator that would be a good holiday destination! :biggrin:

On 12/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, LbDabbler said:

Che was too far right? He was raised in a liberal, well-to-do household and studied medicine. While traveling around South America on his motorcycle he became radicalised by his encounters with the rural poor. He became a Marxist revolutionary, which would put him on the far left of the political spectrum.

My bad, Che was too far to the left. He was becoming too popular and Castro was happy to send him abroad to continue the revolution.  In any case one party rule, left or right, leads to mischief and millions dying for no reason.

Che, Castro, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler were all authoritarian. Some will praise them for "Fighting injustice" but what actually happened was millions were killed because of them.

I find it hypocritical to praise authoritarians and to claim the moral high ground, as QG does to justify selfishness.

On the other hand, I want to visit North Korea before The UK or Germany destroys it. I really admire Kim for standing up to the west and starving his people to do so. Plus I get a cheap vacation!!

On 12/23/2020 at 3:54 AM, Quietguy said:

Lance, I admire people who stand up against injustice, and Che Guevara did that.

I'm guessing you are referring to Thailand as 'a country where the slightest disagreement ....... '  Where have I praised Thailand? I go there for some sun during our miserable winter. The ladyboys are a bonus. If I only went to countries where I thought the Government was good I wouldn't go anywhere, and I don't like my Government too.

No I wouldn't have wanted to visit a Nazi concentration camp in 1944. Nazism and fascism are the greatest political evils of all. One of the great things that the US did was joining the war against fascism after Pearl Harbour and I respect all those who fought in that war. I have actually visited the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp to remember those who were murdered by the Nazi regime.

I oppose all repressive Governments, and that includes China.

Anyway I wish you all the best in this Season of Goodwill.

Well we do agree about holiday best wishes.

Che was a murderer. If your hero was committed to fairness, why have so many Cubans risked their lives to escape the workers paradise? Your original statement about visiting Cuba before the USA destroyed it, was justification for your selfish reasons to visit. As long as the Cuban people remain oppressed, you get a cheap vacation. More tourists, including Americans, means more money for the average Cuban. But, opps, that could increase prices, so better to spin justification for your visit as being principled. You could visit Miami and tell Cuban expatriates there how much you admire Che for defending them against injustice. Let us know how that goes:yahoo: 

You stated you won't visit the USA as long as Trump is president. That's cool; he was fired by the American people and our democratic institutions are robust enough to resist his bogus claims of a stolen election.

But you do want it both ways, taking a principled stance on boycotting the USA but ignoring injustice in Thailand, because you proclaim "you couldn't go any where" if you adhered to your moral compass. We all visit Thailand for selfish reasons, but you spin your selfishness to justify it as some noble act. Ah yes, the White Man's Burden, bringing the nectar of Western Civilization to the world's people of color. And it's a bonus if they are poor and willing to sell them selves at a low price. Admiring Che can certainly salve a guy's conscience and make it all OK, right? Right!  

I'm always amazed how some folks, as soon as they discern I am American, begin to lecture me about how they don't like the current president, US foreign policy, US health care, police in the USA, etc. I have views of other countries, but I realize that there are two sides to every story and who am I to pontificate on their politics?

You actually remind me of Trump, in the vein that you both live in alternative realities:drinks:

32 minutes ago, lance2546 said:

My bad, Che was too far to the left. In any case one party rule, left or right, leads to mischief and millions dying for no reason. I visited his child hood home in Argentina. Not that I admire him, but I am a student of history. He was a horny kid, banging the maids but apparently reluctant to bathe regularly.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:47 PM, JustSumGai said:

the money boys...capitalists (i.e. vikings).  My fav UK fuck wittery was using their military to overthrow China so they could keep peddling opium. But then many MANY countries backed ventures of greed, the Spanish did a real number on native populations, and so on. Of all the isms, I think capitalism has done WAY more harm. Possibly communism would not have gained such traction if capitalism was not a run away MAD bull in the world for so many years.

I disagree about communism being better for the average citizen. As a theory it is tempting but it ended badly for 20 million Russians liquidated by Stalin, 30 million Chinese starved to death by Mao and 25% of Cambodia's population beaten to death by Pol Pot.

I think two parties are needed, one party rule always leads to mischief.

But I agree that all countries do have dirty laundry. 

I learn a lot on the forum; many guys detest the USA, but if were were having this conversation 100 years ago, the detested country would have been the British Empire, 200 years before that The Spanish Empire, 1700 years before that The Romans...

On 12/23/2020 at 6:13 AM, blind boy grunt said:

well i think you have to lob stalinism in there too QG.

probably C/W singers as well.

Mao out did old Joe in the extermination department.

Are you sure about C/W singers? How about TJ Country Bar?:biggrin:

My first visit to Thailand was 2001 and I heard "Take me Home, Country Road" to mut! 555!

16 hours ago, lance2546 said:

Are you sure about C/W singers? How about TJ Country Bar?:biggrin:

My first visit to Thailand was 2001 and I heard "Take me Home, Country Road" to mut! 555!

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

they are probably still playing it Lance.

If he is referring to TJs in Naklua, I didn't realise it was a Country Bar. I'll have to go there more often on my next trip! :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

If he is referring to TJs in Naklua, I didn't realise it was a Country Bar. I'll have to go there more often on my next trip! :biggrin:

don't think so QG... there are or used to be couple of country bars in Patts. not sure TJs existed in 2001 but they did used to have  a couple of phillipino singers at one time. evidently there were okay [i never saw them]  and being phillipino they could probably pronounce english lyrics fine. no Hoter Carifolnia.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't think so QG... there are or used to be couple of country bars in Patts. not sure TJs existed in 2001 but they did used to have  a couple of phillipino singers at one time. evidently there were okay [i never saw them]  and being phillipino they could probably pronounce english lyrics fine. no Hoter Carifolnia.

No NO, they would have pronounced the words ala their telephone call centres,ie. more US accent than the yanks!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, Woodie said:

No NO, they would have pronounced the words ala their telephone call centres,ie. more US accent than the yanks!

Exactly. Just like call centers in India have more of an english accent than the limeys!

We all joke about each other's accents, no problema:biggrin: When I call my credit card company I know when I'm talking to a native english speaker or a filipino.:biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lance2546 said:

When I call my credit card company I know when I'm talking to a native english speaker or a filipino.:biggrin:

Yea, it's easy tell for sure based on the the way they accent the final word in a sentence and also the Flippers seem to genuinely try to be cheerful and helpful!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 7:34 AM, blind boy grunt said:

don't think so QG... there are or used to be couple of country bars in Patts. not sure TJs existed in 2001

Yeah there was a bar in South Pattaya that was named Country Road. I remember "Take me Me Home Country Road" by John Denver and "Did you Ever See the Rain?" by CCR. It got tiresome but I prefer it to Rap. Every generation has their own music, that's lifeB)

22 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Yea, it's easy tell for sure based on the the way they accent the final word in a sentence and also the Flippers seem to genuinely try to be cheerful and helpful!

I've had good luck with the Filipinos, better than native American english speakers. Before ending the call I say "Salamat po!: (Thanks) Usually makes the filipinas giggle.  PD you are turning in to  a real night owl. Good man:biggrin:

• Like 1

Sorta off topic, but...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2039423/hundreds-of-thai-workers-found-dying-in-s-korea

BANGKOK/SEOUL: The deaths of hundreds of mainly undocumented Thai migrant workers in South Korea have been uncovered by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, prompting the United Nations to call for inquiry into the fate of migrants known as "little ghosts".

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 4:35 AM, Quietguy said:

Some not so good drunken festive trolling there Lance! 5555. I hope your hangover today isn't too bad!! :biggrin: 

Aw shucks pardner, for a self professed "Quiet Guy" ya'all sure do write/talk a lot:drinks:

What you call trolling is me pushing back against your self righteous hypocrisy. You say you want to visit Cuba before the USA destroys it. What you really mean is you think it's OK when you visit Cuba, but if Americans visit the Cuban people's standard of living might improve. That would mean a price increase for you.

What a sweet guy:biggrin: