COVID-19: The UPSIDES To The End of Pattaya As We Know It

Rom

On 4/15/2020 at 1:54 AM, Rom said:

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE SILVER LININGS IN THE CLOUDS:

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Without hoops to jump through for the last two months, the tourists are now back to the wicked two cities of Pattaya and Jomtien.  it might be my imagination but Pattaya seems busier than ever, bursting at the seams, and it's not even Christmas yet. 

The Covid years were indeed the worst of times for Pattaya business owners or anyone dependant on the tourist trade.   And of course for those who lost their lives or the lives of loved ones.

But Covid was perhaps the best of times for many Pattaya farang residents.  There was no traffic and it was easy to navigate the sois.  Rents were low.  The tail end of 2021 was perhaps the best of the best as those who wanted it already had their two jabs so you didn't have to worry too much about swapping spit.  That's the silver lining.

Welcome back guys!  Enjoy the busy city because we never know what the future has in store for us.

• Like 1

I think the same is probably being witnessed on a Global scale. I went into Belfast City yesterday afternoon for some drinks with a few colleagues (first time there in years), and I couldn't believe how bustling it was, busiest I have seen in years. The crowds out on the streets, walking from shop to shop were unreal. So many people it took 10 minutes to walk just a few hundred yards. And as for the bars - standing room only, if you were lucky, and a lot of places weren't even letting people in without a reservation. That isn't reservations for food, just to get into a bar to have a few drinks  - in the bloody afternoon. Unreal!!!

I would suspect after two years of either not being able to get out and about due to everywhere being closed, or having a fear of being in a crowd when places did start opening again, people are now making up for lost time, and enjoying the moment, as is being seen in Pattaya.

• Like 2