Morlam/Morlum-Want To Meet Hundreds Of Ladyboys?

pdogg

• 4 weeks later...

well I guess I may pop along to this one is it in the old car park then? where Xcite nightclub used to be? Regards Garry

From what i know that is the location maybe PD or ET can confirm.  Very handy for anyone staying in the area of Lengkee, Diana, Chayapoom, LK Metro.  There is another one on on the 17 in the other location on Third Road.

post-3403-0-45260000-1389071116_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there was a morlam last night at the x-cyte beer garden site (big empty lot, actually) on third road near the Soi Chaiyapoon intersection.  Some of my LB sweetie's friends went with their BFs/customers, but she was not interested as she finds the morlams in Pattaya to be just big loud drunken parties; the morlams she fondly recalls from her Isaan youth sound like they were more family and community oriented entertainment.  We walked by the morlam after dinner and it did indeed sound loud!

• Upvote 2

There were ladyboys everywhere last night, more ladyboys than laydees.  At least 500 in a rather small space.  Almost every freelancer in town goes instead of showing up at a bar.

Had a great time with the bros!

The Soi Xcyte venue is much smaller than the one where the Januray 17th Morlam is being held.

The big advantage is location, just a short stroll from BabyBoom/Fantasy Bar.  So easy to get to that guys should really check it out to see if it's there cup of tea.

130 baht admission.

Leo cans were 60 baht but the Thais were ordering big bottles which were then poured into a plastic bag and sipped thru a straw.  Or Sangsom.

• Upvote 1

In 2012 I went to my first 1 ..the big one quite a long way out......was very impressed .always seem to take my own LB.

On that occassion the very lovely Ploy from Guess Bar but certainly lots more there and yeah the Thais sure seemed to get drunk.

Went with Ploy to one in her Hometown Wang Som Mor in Isan...........clearly not the spectacle you see costume wise in Pattaya and the whole village seemed to be there.....being only 1 of 2 Falangs in the village the attention I received was almost overwhelming....Ploy had made it clear that she would be getting drunk like most of the rest of the crowd but asked me to look after her..which I seriously needed to do.............

Having recently arrived and hoping to stay permanently the delictable Wan from Check Inn bar decided to join me for a week.....she is so damned cute and announced the day before the concert SURPRISE!!!!!!

Morlam concert so along we went,I landed up buying a big beer which to my amusement was poured into a flimsy plastic packet and loaded with ice and a straw 100 Baht....only in LOS I just love it.

Wan only drank Cola and we left about 1 am.Handy location lots of eye candy.

Seemed to me a bigger generation spread than the big one in Pattaya and not so many people totally trashed.

Wan as she looked on the night of the concert...........yummy!

post-212-0-32052500-1390048080_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest JustSumGai

well, there musta been one LAST night too. The girls were all buzzin and trying on different outfits after a cookout I attended with a Brit fellow my Mrs' cousin is married to. Even her DAD was in town for it. Off they went. I gave up waiting after around 6 hours. Bout 3am JUST after I'd got comfy on the couch with blankie and all, in come the giggling crew. Wish they'd got more photo's. Seems they were busy with beer and dancing? I'm just relieved I did not go and be stuck there all that time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time at the Morlam tonight!

For some reason the ratio of ladyboys to overall attendees was much lower than usual, or at least seemed to me.  It could be whoever the headline was or maybe the last tine was during bar closures due to the erections.

Didn't matter as I was with my very good friends Xyzzy, RocketJSquirrel, and DonnyKey who was with his delightful date!   :biggrin:

No pics from me as there was a problem with my SD card.

The new location is great; just a few minutes walk from Fantasy and Baby Boom.  So check it out guys cause if it's not your cup of tea, an easy exit.  Admission 120 baht; cans of Leo 50 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I I have no problem going places on my own so went to The Morlam Concert at the Xcyte site last night.........2nd time I have been to this site.

Have learnt my lesson and only went at 11 pm................certainly quite a few LB's there including a few from Sensations.Poppy being 1 of them.

Gosh I haven't seen those girlz in flat shoes....still very tall for a short arse like me.Clearly they were there just for a good time enjoying the show etc.......

As per the last show a good cross section of people but I thought the show was more impressive and even some good wetern music thrown in.

Unfortunately a drunk guy from Sierra Leone decided I was his best buddy both coming from africa, which kinda messed up my plan to meet a LB I fancied.

I moved over to the other side of the crowd and towards the end a GG decided to chat and share drinks with her sister and 2 young guyz......one definately gay..think the other bi.

When the show finished we went off to Tamnan Isan disco...good fun and these places amaze me because they have no problem with you buying whiskey from the 7/11 next door and just buying mixes and ice at the disco.......not my idea.......the gg's,

They dropped me off at my room about 4,30 am...no boom boom as I think the GG was close to throwing up.........

Sorry only 2 pics...not Xcyting but here they are anyway....

post-212-0-62629700-1392967707_thumb.jpg

post-212-0-63544800-1392967720_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

That would be great.........perhaps it should be in a non LB bar........I cant resist the LB;s which makes it kinda hard to chat haha,,,,,

I jest....

.The Pattaya Beer Garden is sorta the default venue for meet ups without ladyyboy distractions.  Good seating, reasonably priced drinks and food available for those feeling peckish.  I'll pm you my mobile to sort something.