The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

7 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I noticed dozens of surprisingly hot LBs on a walk along Beach Road last Monday night. More than I have ever seen, and it was fairly early; around 9:30 PM.

The LBs outnumbered the GGs from Soi 13/1 to Walking Street. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Pattaya police inspected Beach Road last night, November 22nd, and took dozens of suspected transgender sex workers to the police station for identity recording in order to prevent potential crimes during the tourism high season.

The intense prostitution purge was conducted by a combined team of Pattaya police and tourist police last night at Beach Road following complaints from anonymous concerned citizens. This also comes in advance of the highly anticipated Pattaya International Fireworks Festival this weekend which is expected to attract over 100,000 visitors.

According to the leader of the operation Pol. Lt. Col. Pitchaya Khiaoplueng, many individuals whom he suspected were illegal sex workers left the road and pretended to be beachgoers strolling the beach immediately after they sighted police officers.

Nonetheless, 36 alleged sex workers were arrested and taken to the Pattaya police station to have their identities recorded. The reason for this measure was likely because Pattaya police were waging war on a rash of petty crimes allegedly committed by transgender suspects against tourists.

Pitchaya stressed to the suspects that they could not loiter on the beach and offer sexual services to people walking by because it contravened the Thai prostitution law and damaged Pattaya’s tourism image.

All suspects were released, and Pattaya police pledged to continue their crackdown on prostitution every day.

• Haha 3

I was 'accosted' along there a few days back - the LB in question started to touch me up, but in reality was patting down my pockets to see if I had anything worth nicking. I pushed her away firmly but politely as I had my phone and wallet on me at the time. 

If you do go trolling for a bit of action along there, carry nothing but a few hundred kept in your shoe for emergencies and unmissable deals. There really are some good looking LBs along there - but watch your wallet!

• Like 3

Female go-go staffers on Pattaya Walking Street reportedly broke into a street fight this morning after a verbal altercation that escalated to a physical conflict and spread to a wider group of people and bystanders, including boyfriends of those present and security guards.

One unidentified person was stabbed and injured during the incident and the suspect in the stabbing has since turned himself into Pattaya police claiming self-defense.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at 2:30 A.M. early this morning (December 3rd). They and the Pattaya News arrived at the scene at the entrance of a gogo near the Beach Road end of Walking Street. The name of the gogo was withheld by Pattaya police pending a further review of the incident.

Witnesses at the scene, who asked to be anonymous, told the Pattaya News that two female go-go staffers named ‘Pum’ and ‘Fon’ were arguing and fighting in the street in front of the gogo after closure. Pum called her boyfriend to assist her with the issue before he arrived at the scene. The exact nature of the dispute was unclear and the parties involved did not discuss it at length with the press or law enforcement.

Pum’s boyfriend then argued with male gogo staffers about the situation before a physical confrontation erupted, with both sides accusing the other of starting the fight. Several parties ran into Soi 15 and one person was reportedly stabbed. This person, whose identity was withheld by police, sought medical treatment later.

The scene was described by law enforcement present as “chaotic” and descriptions of the instigators and those responsible varied from witness to witness. Pattaya police reviewed CCTV to identify the aggravators in the fight but the suspect in the stabbing turned himself in later this afternoon, December 3rd.

Pattaya City Police Chief Colonel Kunlachart Kunlachai told the Pattaya News that this afternoon (December 3rd) a man identified to the press by police only as Mr. Warayut, 30, and his unidentified girlfriend presented themselves to the Pattaya City Police.

Mr. Warayut told the police, “I was waiting for my girlfriend to finish work to bring her home near the gogo. My girlfriend is a colleague of Pum’s and Fon but was not an instigator in the fight. She tried to stop those who were fighting and de-escalate the situation but my girlfriend was then attacked by a group of men in the chaos. I tried to help her escape from the chaos but those men attacked and chased after me instead.”

“I grabbed a kitchen knife that someone has dropped on the street nearby. I stabbed someone randomly to protect myself before I ran away from them. I presented myself to the police as I want to prove that this was self-defense. I don’t want to hurt anyone, I was merely trying to protect myself and my girlfriend and the situation got out of hand.”

Police are continuing their investigation for further legal action and are summoning those involved for interviews and legal charges. More review of CCTV and discussion with gogo staff and management is ongoing to determine the sequence of events that led to the fight and stabbing.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/03/pattaya-police-investigate-late-night-group-street-fight-outside-walking-street-gogo-one-person-stabbed-suspect-turns-himself-in/

Thai Authorities with the immigration police stated that they were shocked to find seven foreign women suspected of prostitution in Pattaya early this morning on Walking Street and Beach Road.

Stating to the Thai media that this sort of behaviour is illegal and bad for the image of family friendly Pattaya, Immigration Police arrested seven foreign women in total.

The women, four from Uzbekistan, two from Egypt and one from Uganda were all caught in activities assumed to be soliciting from potential customers and offering prostitution services which is illegal and according to officials does not exist in Pattaya.

The Ugandan woman has been warned before according to immigration police and will be deported.

The remaining six women had their details and information taken, paid an undisclosed fine and were released with a warning, that if they were caught again they would be deported.

https://thepattayanews.com/2019/09/26/seven-suspected-foreign-prostitutes-discovered-on-walking-street-arrested/

10 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Thai Authorities with the immigration police stated that they were shocked to find seven foreign women suspected of prostitution in Pattaya early this morning on Walking Street and Beach Road.

Stating to the Thai media that this sort of behaviour is illegal and bad for the image of family friendly Pattaya, Immigration Police arrested seven foreign women in total.

The women, four from Uzbekistan, two from Egypt and one from Uganda were all caught in activities assumed to be soliciting from potential customers and offering prostitution services which is illegal and according to officials does not exist in Pattaya.

The Ugandan woman has been warned before according to immigration police and will be deported.

The remaining six women had their details and information taken, paid an undisclosed fine and were released with a warning, that if they were caught again they would be deported.

https://thepattayanews.com/2019/09/26/seven-suspected-foreign-prostitutes-discovered-on-walking-street-arrested/

Looks like old news PD, is dated September 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sydneyjohn57 said:

Looks like old news PD,

You're right.  Somehow, I clicked on it on their website; not sure why it would have been featured but glad the date is there.

A pet peeve of mine is undated information especially if it has to do with things constantly changing such Covid entry requirements.  

• Like 1

Suspected transgender prostitutes soliciting on Pattaya Beach are being registered and fined stated Pattaya police today, December 15th, 2022.

Colonel Somchai Teerapatpaisarn of the Tourist Police told the Pattaya News that transgender individuals who are found on Pattaya Beach at night are being registered. Any transgender people who were standing on the beach propositioning prostitution were also fined and asked not to solicit prostitution on the beach. If a suspect is caught a second time and believed to be soliciting prostitution, the fine will be increased. The exact amount of the fines was not revealed.

Pattaya City Deputy Chief Lieutenant Colonel Kruekrit Saiwanna told the Pattaya News that more foreign tourists are coming to Pattaya in the coming New Year festival and that police don’t want them to be annoyed or assaulted.

The Pattaya News notes that police did not mention similar fines or registration for suspected female prostitutes. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, however, is widespread nationwide, especially in Pattaya. Officially, Pattaya City officials have even stated in the past that there was no prostitution in Pattaya, leading to widespread ridicule online. More recent comments, such as the current registration campaign, appear to admit that there is, indeed, prostitution in Pattaya although authorities continue to remind the public it is illegal.

The registration campaign follows multiple stories of pickpocketing on the beach, primarily involving transgender individuals, according to Pattaya police, preying on intoxicated tourists.

Meanwhile, The Pattaya News adds that the Sisters Foundation has also cautioned against the stereotyping of transgender people earlier this year and asked Pattaya police not to consider all transgender people as thieves or troublemakers.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/15/pattaya-police-registering-and-fining-suspected-transgender-prostitutes-on-pattaya-beach/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There was an incident at a massage shop near Royal Garden Plaza.   A Russian father and son and perhaps other family members were getting oil massages.  In the massage room the ladyboy masseuse attempted to sodomize young Putin, who I think is of legal age.  When Papa found out he was furious and went back to the shop and punched a few of the ladyboy's teeth out. Then the police came and the ladyboy was fired. Don't know the name of the shop but staff wears white tops and red pants.

Heard this word of mouth and I'm sure many details are incorrect.  But if you see this story in the Pattaya online papers please post it here.

Pattaya police were finally able to hunt down and arrest the rowdy suspect who was seen having sex on a Pattaya roadside with a Thai woman earlier this week.

The suspect, only identified as a Norwegian man on vacation, was fined 5,000 baht at the Pattaya police station on a charge of public lewdness. He was 49 years old, according to Pattaya police chief Pol. Col. Kunlachart Kunlachai.

The man admitted to engaging in carnal acts with his careless partner on the side of Pattaya Third Road on Monday at 4 AM. He claimed he was very drunk and did not remember anything, not even the woman he had sex with, and only found out about the event after it went viral on Thai media.

The man was released after paying the fine. The woman, however, is still at large, Pol. Col. Kunlachart said, but she will be arrested soon and pay for her action.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/29/update-pattaya-police-fine-norwegian-tourist-5000-baht-for-fornicating-in-public/

On 1/2/2023 at 3:07 PM, Pdoggg said:

There was an incident at a massage shop near Royal Garden Plaza.   A Russian father and son and perhaps other family members were getting oil massages.  In the massage room the ladyboy masseuse attempted to sodomize young Putin, who I think is of legal age.  When Papa found out he was furious and went back to the shop and punched a few of the ladyboy's teeth out. Then the police came and the ladyboy was fired. Don't know the name of the shop but staff wears white tops and red pants.

Heard this word of mouth and I'm sure many details are incorrect.  But if you see this story in the Pattaya online papers please post it here.

Did ask young Putin, how he felt about it.  Maybe he begged her.....

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Center Condo, old school completed in 1990.

A Thai woman reportedly jumped to her death from a condominium balcony early this morning, January 26th. Pattaya Police suspected that the woman might have been intoxicated and upset with her foreign boyfriend before deciding to take her own life.
At 1:30 AM, Pattaya police and Sawang Boriboon rescuers were alerted to an alleged suicide at a condominium located on South Pattaya Road in Soi 24 in the Banglamung district.

The victim, Mrs. Nichanan Bell, was a 45-year-old Thai woman from Nakhon Ratchasima province. She was only wearing dark underwear when the authorities found her lying decreased facing upward on the condo’s ground floor.

The victim was reported to have jumped off a balcony from the sixth floor, causing damage to two motorcycles before hitting the ground. She sustained multiple fractures to her limbs and neck, said the rescuers.

The police spoke with the sobbing foreign boyfriend of the victim and her friend. The statement and identity of the foreign boyfriend were not made public, but according to the friend, the victim and her boyfriend had been in a relationship for 6 to 7 months.

The two had just returned to Pattaya after the boyfriend sold his own house for money to buy his girlfriend a car and a house in Pattaya.

The friend said that the victim and her boyfriend had some drinks before they went up to their room in the condo. However, after only about five minutes, she heard a loud noise, which she initially thought was just some people arguing. She did not pay attention to it until a security guard ran to tell her that her friend had fallen from her room and was now dead.

Pattaya Police told the rescuers to transport the victim’s body to Banglamung Hospital for an autopsy.

The authorities suspected that the victim might have sulking about something that happened with her boyfriend while intoxicated and decided to take her life. There was no sign of a struggle inside the room other than a box full of beer bottles on the balcony, police said.

The foreign boyfriend was being questioned by police but was not believed to be a suspect and was extremely upset and emotional after the shocking and tragic incident.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/26/foreign-mans-girlfriend-reportedly-jumps-to-death-at-pattaya-condominium/

• 3 weeks later...

Pattaya Police busted an a-gogo bar after receiving a tip-off that the venue had been allegedly regularly operating past legal closing time and allegedly exploiting children under the age of 18 years old for prostitution.
The operation was driven by complaints from concerned citizens that the a-gogo bar, Club 4, located in Soi Bongkot in Pattaya’s Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district, had allegedly contravened many laws and regulations, including human trafficking.

The raid took place at about 9:30 PM on Thursday, February 16th. Although this was not past the legal closing time Banglamung authorities claimed they had alleged evidence that showed the venue regularly broke this rule, which in this particular zone would be midnight.

The authorities deployed a decoy who walked into the bar with 2,800 baht cash to ask for sexual services from an alleged minor, according to the Chief of Pattaya police. Once the venue operator allegedly agreed to provide the service, the decoy signaled the officers waiting outside to raid the venue and catch the suspects.

The Chief of the Pattaya police station, Pol. Col. Thanapong Phothi, told The Pattaya News that more than ten female employees were entertaining customers at tables. The police then conducted drug tests on the employees but did not find anyone who tested positive, said Col. Thanapong, who led the operation.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/17/pattaya-gogo-bar-raided-for-alleged-violation-of-legal-closing-times-and-alleged-human-trafficking/

Two suspects, 50-year-old Mrs. Kessirin and 49-year-old Ms. Jidapha (surnames withheld), were taken into police custody on charges of operating an entertainment venue without a proper license and exploiting minors for prostitution. The police said Mrs. Kessirin was the manager of the venue.

Pattaya Police are expanding an investigation to identify the real owner of the bar and will propose to the Chonburi mayor to shut down the venue for 5 years.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...