The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

26 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I've seen images of flooding in Pattaya before, usually around Soi Buakhow, but nothing as bad and widespread as that.

Poor people, Thai and falang, who are caught up in it.

it's pretty much bog standard QG..  some years back i was living in issan and came to Pattaya for a few days holiday, stayed in Naklua.  Decided in my impulsive recklessness to visit Joy and Vinnie. As you know they used to have the Horny bar on soi 6. Remembering that they had started the Fantasy on Soi Buck i took a walk up there when the heavens opened, and i mean opened. Walking up soi Honey i was suddenly in a foot of water pouring down from soi buck. At the junction of Honey and Buck it was at least 3 ft deep and a veritable whirlpool... water from soi pothole, soi lengkee was meeting there.

during the recent jomtien floods a few days back i couldn't get to see my bint for 2 days... she lives 2 streets from me, but just couldn't get into her street because of water. The drainage system in Pattaya is indeed a mysterious thing. Mind you there was 2-3 days of almost continuos heavy rain.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, blind boy grunt said:

it's pretty much bog standard QG..  some years back i was living in issan and came to Pattaya for a few days holiday, stayed in Naklua.  Decided in my impulsive recklessness to visit Joy and Vinnie. As you know they used to have the Horny bar on soi 6. Remembering that they had started the Fantasy on Soi Buck i took a walk up there when the heavens opened, and i mean opened. Walking up soi Honey i was suddenly in a foot of water pouring down from soi buck. At the junction of Honey and Buck it was at least 3 ft deep and a veritable whirlpool... water from soi pothole, soi lengkee was meeting there.

during the recent jomtien floods a few days back i couldn't get to see my bint for 2 days... she lives 2 streets from me, but just couldn't get into her street because of water. The drainage system in Pattaya is indeed a mysterious thing. Mind you there was 2-3 days of almost continuos heavy rain.

I hear there's a severe tropical storm, 'Conson', coming in this weekend. Take care all of you out there.

• 3 weeks later...

'It is a ladyboy bar, but they are really nice. Delirious bar get some 'PR', albeit homophobic.

Depressing to see these new places in Soi Chayapoon especially that High Rollers. Who  wants a place like this? Trying to gentrify Soi Pothole.  I know exactly what type of customers they want to attract.

This soi was just fine, the old Pattaya, now they're fucking this one up too.

• Like 4

On 10/5/2021 at 9:03 AM, seven said:

'It is a ladyboy bar, but they are really nice. Delirious bar get some 'PR', albeit homophobic.

Depressing to see these new places in Soi Chayapoon especially that High Rollers. Who  wants a place like this? Trying to gentrify Soi Pothole.  I know exactly what type of customers they want to attract.

This soi was just fine, the old Pattaya, now they're fucking this one up too.

Yes, and by guys that cannot even pronounce Pattaya. If you are going to live there you would think they would make an effort to get over their own dialect and say it correctly. That Buzz in Pattaya guy even laughs about it and says he will say it however he likes.

Herbert as far as I know runs a nice place at Delirious.

I must say that I have never taken to this guys video productions. Each to their own.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, duke007 said:

So some people can't pronounce Pattaya or spell Delirious correctly....what's the poblem? :biggrin:

Smart ass!. I just corrected the spelling. I must say I looked at it for a second but let it go. Lets see if those people from that little island off mainland France can speak proper?. :rolleye0012:

11 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Yeah can read into that comment what you want.

Yes. Should've mentioned he and his mates were hanging around outside his bar or the next one right beside, I cant remember exactly. I hadn't  been to the Soi in ages. Had a pic of a ladyman in my phone I was looking for , showed it to them as it right across Delirious. Their comment was in line with what I implied in post. I know homophobes when  I see one. You like poppers then?

• 5 weeks later...