The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

13 hours ago, Quinn said:

The Pantry. Jomtien Ex-Pat Food Shop. Now open - by the side of the Hannuman Statue.

20210304_132557.jpg.696e11fad7ed90802eb58e65fa80bd67.jpg

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

yup... just been there, a smaller version of Siambury's but much easier to get to.  Cheese is especially good value. one day they may also give bonus stamps like

7-11.... oh boy...can't wait..........

Good to hear bbg has a new source for British grub now that Simple Simon's has shut! :biggrin:

1 hour ago, seven said:

Now mexican is.

Decent Mexican food is massively underrepresented in Pattaya. Such a shame. It is poorly represented back in the UK as well.

If the Thais gave the Mexicans the same concessions as they do the Indians (I have no idea what either get, just saying) a few Indian restaurants could be replaced.  I do like Indian food very much, but there are too many and they over-charge for what you get.

I've had food brought to me from Siamburi's, mainly cheese, but never been myself. Too far.  Been to Nadia's on Soi Bongkot 8 now about 6 times. The last time was the other day and that was the first time there was another customer in there at the same time as me. I've always shopped alone until then. Semolina, rice pudding, HP Sauce, Branston Pickle, Cheese, Yorkshire Teabags and two packs of Rich Tea biccies for dunkies. All the essentials now in stock (in my kitchen).

I miss the UK purely for seeing my Mum and for some decent fish & chips and a decent Chinese takeaway. The rest they can keep.

It's just after 3am here in the land of painted smiles and I'm not long back from Soi Honey. One teaspoon of my next generation lighter and a ham & cheese toasty to soak up the Listerine.

Remind me. What is this thread about?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dixon cox said:

Decent Mexican food is massively underrepresented in Pattaya.

Sunrise tacos in in Bkk is very good. Haven't been in years though.

Tried all in Patts and not impressed. Took a ladyman to one, ordered for her, she didn't touch it and ordered thai food instead.

No point in having a thai try farang food. Better they just have their som tam. 

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Quinn said:

Another one in Jomtien.

Now why did I watch this video?  18 mins I never get back :biggrin: It was nice to see the new stretch of Dongtan though. I think last time I was there was 2012.  Couldn't spot the new 7/11 you boys are raving on about.  The building where the expat shop is could be a Soviet building from the cold war. Don't think Ive seen a more depressing condo complex in Patts/Jomtien.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quinn said:

Another one in Jomtien. Not visited yet.

There is a joint named Expat Grocery on the same soi in Pratumnak where Ta Juap, the place that has the great Pad Thai, is located.  I popped in to check it out.  I realized that there is not one thing in there that I want but understand that some guys might want mustard, ketchup, or baked beans.  A bottle of Heinz Ketchup was 26 baht which seemed reasonable.

Btw, the lowest cheese prices I've seen is at Foodland near the Jomtien airport bus.  I would imagine that Makro has good prices but don't want to rise my bike on Sukhumvit.

4 hours ago, seven said:

Couldn't spot the new 7/11 you boys are raving on about.

My favorite 7/11 is actually not shown on either video but at 8:13 you can see a red makeshift roof and the huge 7/11 is right nearby though he declines to show it.   It has some similarities to the Pattaya Beer Garden.

Some of you guys at home may wonder why we are more excited by 7/11 than ladyboys.  Simple, there are thousands of ladyboys just about everywhere in Pattaya and probably at least half quite willing to have sex with you but only a couple hundred 7/11.

Also in this video (which Quinn also linked to but this one above I set to start at Dongtan) is where the first two LBWVB were held when it was beach volleyball instead of water volleyball.  Can anyone name the two teams in the very first one?

• Like 1

Another one in Jomtien. Not visited yet. Video on You Tube - looks similar inside to 'The Pantry' They also have a 'Facebook' page which they obviously don't want me and many others to look into. 

you're the man Quinn!

Nice to see another real grub shop open, just around the corner from me too! Much better than that awful unhealthy thai shite.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Another one in Jomtien. Not visited yet. Video on You Tube - looks similar inside to 'The Pantry' They also have a 'Facebook' page which they obviously don't want me and many others to look into. 

you're the man Quinn!

Nice to see another real grub shop open, just around the corner from me too! Much better than that awful unhealthy thai shite.

Mmmm the 3 main falung food groups fat , grease and dripping :bad:

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

as opposed to DDT, various other chemicals, MSG, sugar and salt.

you forgot cigarettes' in your list 

Unless all of the food you are eating is 100 % organic then falung food is no different to any other food around the world