The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

There was a big fire at Marine Disco last night which spread elsewhere on Walking Street.   It took about half an hour to get the fire under control.  Marine Disco might be gutted. It was a favorite of many ladyboys and forum members in the wee hours. No signs it was a terrorist attack; perhaps due to lax enforcement of fire codes. Seems a transformer exploded.

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

There was a big fire at Marine Disco last night which spread elsewhere on Walking Street.   It took about half an hour to get the fire under control.  Marine Disco might be gutted. It was a favorite of many ladyboys and forum members in the wee hours. No signs it was a terrorist attack; perhaps due to lax enforcement of fire codes. Seems a transformer exploded.

Marine Disco was not involved. It was a couple of bars on, or just off, Pattaya Soi 16. Ann Ann Bar and Titanic Bar. If you zoom in the first link you can see the big transformer that, I think, is the one that blew.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.924584,100.8718892,3a,65.8y,84.5h,94.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0wGRwdOpBXylzrTlUFtZSw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9245451,100.8720832,3a,90y,2.89h,109.07t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7uTAWmuegbgl9qs0D4Eudw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

Marine Disco was not involved. It was a couple of bars on, or just off, Pattaya Soi 16. Ann Ann Bar and Titanic Bar. If you zoom in the first link you can see the big transformer that, I think, is the one that blew.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.924584,100.8718892,3a,65.8y,84.5h,94.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0wGRwdOpBXylzrTlUFtZSw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9245451,100.8720832,3a,90y,2.89h,109.07t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7uTAWmuegbgl9qs0D4Eudw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Maybe the article meant Marine 2??  That hotel on 2nd Road in between the two sois that lead to Walking Street.

JimSlim now tells me that the entire Arab Quarter is gutted.

23 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Maybe the article meant Marine 2??  That hotel on 2nd Road in between the two sois that lead to Walking Street.

JimSlim now tells me that the entire Arab Quarter is gutted.

I read on one board the Arab Quarter was gutted. I read on another board it was mainly Titanic Bar and Ann Ann Bar with some bars across the street having some damage and melted motorcycles. There are videos of the fire on Facebook just search Pattaya fire. Judging by the explosion in the video I could see wider spread damage.

Below pictures are from pattaya-addicts.com  I assume the other bar is Titanic Bar.

Fire1.jpg

Fire2.JPG

• Like 1

goat.jpg

An Australian bar owner was beaten unconscious by a Thai man and a foreigner in on Soi Buakhao early on Monday.

Pattaya police said the owner of Good Goat Bar in Soi Buakhao, named only as Chris, 45, was attacked in front of the premises at 4am and was taken to Pattaya Hospital.

A member of his staff, Daeng Wanchana, 44, told police that he had returned from drinking at a go-go bar and said he had had an argument with some people there.

Soon after, two men – one Thai and one foreigner - arrived on two motorcycles and attacked him until he fell unconscious.
Daeng said she heard the Thai man shouting before he left that the issue was not over yet. She then called police for help.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30341229

On 3/21/2018 at 12:19 PM, Pdoggg said:

Ladyboy Gang vs Farang on Walking Street

Pol.Lt. Piyapong Ennawat, Lecturer, 4 Kg., 2 Lt.Lt. 1 or Pattaya Tourist Police Inspector The incident occurred around 04:30 on March 21st. Has been informed of the quarrel between two girls and Iranian tourists. My Way Bar Walking Street So check MR.VITHOUNE LATDY, 29, was injured. There are bruises on the arm. The other party known as MR.MOHAMMAD MASIH MAKHMALI, age 35, Iranian nationality. Head injury 

Pol. Piyapong said that asked the parties that the tourists Iran. I bought candy at the scene and was MR.VITHOUNE LATDY caught the bottom of the dissatisfaction, then have a mouth and fight. The parties do not agree. It was brought to the Pattaya Beach area. The staff informed the two parties. "Use of force to harm other people without causing harm to the body or mind". The 500 baht difference is made. - Thai News Agency

myway.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

party.jpeg

Police in Pattaya raided a drug fuelled sex party at a hotel in the resort town on Saturday night.

Local police, immigration officers and Tourist Police carried out the raid after reports that the 30 room hotel located in the Nong Prue area was being used to host sex and swinging parties.

As many as 25 people were found to be taking part in the orgy including nationals from United States, Canada, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, Thailand, Cambodia, India and Ukraine.

A search of the property also found sex drugs, toys and lubricants, while used condoms found in the trash were taken as evidence, Siamchon News reported.

Police revealed that the people paid 1,500 baht to attend the party, which was advertised online.

Police also arrested Mr. Sheng Liao Yang, 53, from China who said he was the owner of the hotel.

Mr Yang was charged with a number of offences related to hosting the sex parties and also operating a hotel without a valid license.

Details of the case has been sent to prosecutors.

Times comment:- The party was advertised online? So the police don’t bother checking social media for such events? These idiots deserve all that’s coming to them !

http://www.khonkaentimes.com/scores-foreigners-detained-police-raid-sex-orgy-pattaya/

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 9:52 AM, lance2546 said:

We sorta know about pay toilets when we visit here. No excuse for crapping on the bar's floor. If paying to use the toilet is such a big deal, don't go to Thailand

yep well you said it Lance, by the numbers floating around on social media and the like, id say that many folk are doing just that.Not  going to thailand

Thailand had better wake up soon or there biggest dollar earner will be  a srivled prune of its former self.

Been coming to LOS since 1984 so im well versed in the all the scams and other crap that goes on,for  a single male its still a good place to go ,but you need to have  your thinking cap on in the tourist areas.

Outside the big tour areas where the locals hardly see a farang, things are much the same as they allways were, ie frowning at you when you try to leave a tip.this is refreshing and last year foggy and i had just that experience in a wee coffee shop way down south.i had  forgotten that tipping was not a thai custom, just saying.

wake up you greedy cunts or youll soon have no tourists to tip off

• Like 3

On 4/1/2018 at 5:34 AM, Pdoggg said:

An altercation on Walking Street

This is just dreadful, 3 onto one is a fair fight!!,another tourist who wont be going back, plus alot of other tourists watching this and saying, god its so violent here.i think ill go to malaysia next trip????

8 hours ago, donnnnnny said:

This is just dreadful, 3 onto one is a fair fight!!,another tourist who wont be going back, plus alot of other tourists watching this and saying, god its so violent here.i think ill go to malaysia next trip????

Malaysia?, things aren't that bad Donald :biggrin:

• Like 1