The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

I'm wondering if the midnight curfew being imposed on BKK nightlife venues will be exported here soon too?

Would make my life easier anyway as I like to be back at loom by midnight anyway, and always seem to of left the room an hour or two too early for the action to have really started. I'd assume things would begin a bit earlier with girls showing up earlier if so? (Perhaps that's too Western/logical though.)

There are a few places openly serving on Soi Honey but not places I would usually consider going. All I bought was a kebab.

Midnight bar closings would not be a terrible thing I guess for most. I usually don't get out for dinner until 8:30 to 9 just so I don't get started so early. But part of that is places like Sensations that don't really have many girls before about 10. If everything got started earlier it would probably be OK. As long as the late night massage places are open when I don't get around to making a choice by midnight. Will be interesting to see if there is any blow back on this subject from the gogo fight last night a 3:30 AM. 

However it would put a dent in the party reputation of Pattaya.    

Not sure quite what happened on Soi Lengkee on Saturday night, as I was walking down there I got near junction at Soi Buakhao and suddenly heard a loud smash of glass. When I looked up there was a door off it's hinges, luckily all the glass and whatever had been thrown landed in the back of a nearby pickup truck. 

A older farang guy did appear on the balcony briefly after.

There goes his deposit!

post-794-0-56253900-1425474335_thumb.jpg

post-794-0-35621000-1425474338_thumb.jpg

Spooked me a bit as I nearly walked on that side of the road but switched sides due to the pickup truck being in the way.

• Upvote 2

Many that junctions is bad enough looking in all the directions for traffic with having to worry about looking up also.

Busy weekend for those of you in town with a party in La Bamba on Saturday night and another in Lita Bar on Sunday. :drinks:

Busy weekend for those of you in town with a party in La Bamba on Saturday night and another in Lita Bar on Sunday. :drinks:

I was told there was one in Stringfellows last night. But if so I didn't make it. Last year it seemed like there were two or three parties a week. Been much slower this year.

Police attempted to arrest a 49 year old female bar owner on Wednesday night, for selling Liquor to members of the public on a Holy Day when the sale of such items are prohibited under Thai Law. The Army was called in and used their powers under Martial Law to detain the woman after she refused to be taken away by the Police.

The unusual incident occurred at the Everybody’s Inn in Soi Welcome off Jomtien Beach Road at 9pm on Wednesday Night, 3 hours before the 24 hour ban on sale of liquor was due to expire.

Police entered the licensed premise and spoke with the owner, Khun Papitchaya, who Police described as intoxicated and confrontational. Officers took pictures of alcoholic beverages in front of foreign patrons, who were told to pay their bills and leave.

During a 2 hour conversation with Police, the owner is alleged to have used profanities directed to the Police, who were eventually forced to call in the Army who could use their special powers under Martial Law, to detain the woman, who was then taken to the Police Station for questioning.

The venue was correctly licensed but she was charged with selling liquor on a Holy Day and verbal abuse towards a Royal Thai Police Officer. The case continues.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174633/pattaya-bar-owner-arrested-for-selling-liquor-on-holy-day/

SATTAHIP – March 5,2015 [Pattaya Daily News]; At 09.00 am Pol.Lt.Wisit Chantanalikit-inspector of Sattahip police station- was notified by Ms.A a 33 year old seminar course instructor that she and her students had caught Mr.Anon Inthasith aged 29 who was a driver of a tourism company after he had recorded her while she was using the toilet in a resort. After notification the police officers went to inspect the crime scene.

At the crime scene was a communal toilet where the officers found the teacher and her female students who had caught the peeping tom.

Upon questioning Ms.A she said that she and her students went to Sattahip and they had rented a bus from a tourism company. While she was using the toilet she noticed a phone of the bus driver on the roof of the toilet and it was recording her so she told her students to surround the toilet next to her for about 10 minutes until the man came out.

Pol.LT.Wisit revealed that the driver initially confessed that he had recorded the teacher because he was horny. However, he deleted the video and photos after he was spotted. The police officers prosecuted him and fined him 500 baht.

http://pattayadailynews.com/peeping-tom-records-teacher-in-toilet/

RIP Tiger.

Tiger worked at Come In Bar in Sunee.  he was 19, not 29 as the article states.

PATTAYA-8th  March, 2015 [Pattaya Daily News] at 09.00 am Pol.LT.Manot Thipwet-ionspector of Bang Lamung police station- was notified that a motorcycle had lost control and crashed into a bridge  barrier on North Pattaya road and there was a deceased at the scene. After notification the police officers and Sawang Borriboon rescue team immediately rushed to the scene.

At the scene the officials found a Mr.Rawee Sipol aged 26 who was slightly injured and his Honda MSX motorcycle which was damaged.The officers sent him to Bangkok-Pattaya hospital.

Also the officers found another injured man identified as Mr.Songpol Tumkhammee aged 29 who had gone off the side of the bridge on his  motorcycle and hit the ground and was severely injured. The officers then  performed first aid on him before sending him to hospital where he later died.

Upon questioning Mr.Songpol an eyewitness he was travelling at high speed along the bridge and when he reached the curve he lost control, hit the barrier and went over the side hitting the ground 10 metres below.

The reporters added that there have been many  accidents at the same place where people have gone over the side. The main reason  is the sharp curve and the bridge barrier is lower than 1 meter and there is no fence.

http://pattayadailynews.com/motorcycle-goes-off-bridge/

• 2 weeks later...

Slow day on the Crime Blotter/

Frenchman arrested for shoplifting meat from North Pattaya Supermarket

On Sunday afternoon a 60 year old Frenchman was arrested by Pattaya Police after he was caught by Security Guards at a North Pattaya Supermarket, attempting to leave with meat products he had not paid for.

Mr. Thomas Micallef was caught placing two bags of meat into another bag of meat which had just been weighed and priced. A security guard saw what Mr. Micallef was doing and followed him until he left the store.

The bag of meat was re-weighed and it was confirmed that he had loaded the bag with extra meat prior to him paying for the item at the checkout.

This is not the first time he has been caught taking items without paying at the Tesco-Lotus Store on the North Pattaya Road. He was caught on 22nd October 2014 attempting to steal salad cream. At the time he was fined and released but this time the store would like him prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/176559/frenchman-arrested-for-shoplifting-meat-from-north-pattaya-supermarket/

Never a dull moment in Pattaya. Shooting in a soi  (maybe soi 19, not sure)between soi bokaow and 3 rd.

http://pattayadailynews.com/thai-man-shot-dead-by-drug-gang/

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/176571/man-shot-dead-outside-beauty-salon-in-central-pattaya/

Thai Man Shot Dead By Drug Gang

The incident occurred outside of the Pacha Beauty Salon in Soi 21 off Pattaya Third Road

• Upvote 1

Frenchman arrested for shoplifting meat from North Pattaya Supermarket

On Sunday afternoon a 60 year old Frenchman was arrested by Pattaya Police after he was caught by Security Guards at a North Pattaya Supermarket, attempting to leave with meat products he had not paid for.

Mr. Thomas Micallef was caught placing two bags of meat into another bag of meat which had just been weighed and priced. A security guard saw what Mr. Micallef was doing and followed him until he left the store.

The bag of meat was re-weighed and it was confirmed that he had loaded the bag with extra meat prior to him paying for the item at the checkout.

This is not the first time he has been caught taking items without paying at the Tesco-Lotus Store on the North Pattaya Road. He was caught on 22nd October 2014 attempting to steal salad cream. At the time he was fined and released but this time the store would like him prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

http://pattayaone.ne...ya-supermarket/

What self respecting Frenchman would even consider stealing "salad cream", vile stuff. Surely he  was nicking Mayo.

• Upvote 1

If on a baht bus, beware of this lady:

post-7348-0-13616200-1427454181_thumb.jp

In the early hours of Tuesday, a Dane and a German became victims of pickpockets operating on Baht Buses in the South Pattaya area.

Mr. Torben Fries aged 49 from Denmark was the first to arrive at Pattaya Police Station where he complained of losing 15,000 Baht from his trouser pocket and claimed a Thai Lady sat next to him had removed money from his trouser pocket initially without his knowledge.

Minutes later a German, Mr. Bruno Rummer aged 50, arrived at Pattaya Police Station and made a similar complaint. He lost a Samsung Galaxy Smart Phone.

Both were travelling on the route which begins at the Traffic Light Junction on Pattaya Second Road and South Pattaya Road, close to the Chaimongkol Temple and travels to the Central Pattaya Road junction.

The men were shown pictures of pickpockets previously arrested by Pattaya Police and both identified one of the former detainees as the person responsible for the theft of the items.

Police will now attempt to locate and arrest the woman, who remains at large for now.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/177213/danish-and-german-victims-of-pattaya-baht-bus-pickpockets/

A warning for vulnerable foreign tourists!         :flirt2:

In the early hours of Saturday Police assisted an intoxicated foreign man, aged in his mid-twenties, after he was pickpocketed by two Ladyboy’s inside Soi 7 off Pattaya Beach Road.

Police were called to the area by the concerned manager or the Shooters Bar which picked-up the incident on their security camera system.

The man had been drinking inside the bar with a friend and was reportedly heavily intoxicated. He stumbled outside the bar in order to smoke a cigarette when he encountered a Ladyboy who proceeded to steal his wallet. He then left on a motorbike driven by a second Ladyboy who was waiting, with the engine running, nearby.

Police assisted the foreign victim and took him to Pattaya Police Station to make a report but he decided not to proceed with the case. Despite this, Pattaya Police would like us to publish this story to highlight the ever-present dangers of Ladyboy’s and other criminal elements who prey on vulnerable foreign tourists around Pattaya City.

I think Woodland Resort in Naklua has common ownership with Tiffany Show.  The Miss Tiffany ladyboys stay at the Woodland.

Maybe the Russian was waiting for them.  :crazy:

Russian Bites Pattaya Police Officer during “Public Order” arrest

Just before daybreak on Wednesday, Pattaya Police arrested a Russian on public order offences after he was found sleeping in front of a Pattaya Hotel and during his transport to the Police Station he attempted to escape and bit a junior Police Officer in his leg.

The case began when a two-man Police Patrol spotted a foreign national sleeping on the street, in front of the Woodland Resort Hotel in Naklua. The officers approached the foreign man, who was identified as Russian and aged in his early thirties.

As the Russian awoke, he quickly became aggressive and it was decided to take him to Pattaya Police Station and incarcerate him until he had recovered from his intoxicated state.

The man was placed in the back of a Police Truck and his transport to Pattaya Police Station was assisted by Police Lance Corporal Anuchit, who sat close to him on the back of the truck to ensure his safety during the journey.

It was reported that as the truck travelled to the Station, he bit the leg of the Police Officer and then jumped off the back of the truck, but was detained in a matter of seconds and held until reinforcements arrived to restrain him during the rest of the short journey.

The Russian, who refused to give his name, was taken straight to the holding cells and was questioned later on Wednesday. We understand the officer decided not to take the case any further and the man was released without further action.

More Russians in the news:

Russian accused of attempted sexual assault of Pattaya Bar Worker

In the early hours of Tuesday, Police were called to Pattaya Third Road close to woodland to assist a 30 year old female bar worker who claimed she had just been dragged into woodland by a Russian who attempted to sexually assault her.

The Russian, Mr. Andrey Igvatyer aged 50, had sustained injuries which required hospital treatment, which were reportedly caused by the bar worker who claims to have defended herself by striking the Russian with a rock as he attempted to sexually assault her.

The bar worker, who cannot be named, told Police that she met the Russian in a bar she works at on Pattaya Second Road and he invited her to spend the night with him.

The pair left the bar and walked up to Pattaya Third Road. When they arrived at the area of woodland, she alleges Mr. Igvatyer pulled her into bushes and made attempts to sexually assault her.

The bar worker also sustained injuries consistent with being involved in a struggle with someone but refused medical treatment. She later reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station and Mr. Igvatyer, who was described as heavily intoxicated, was later detained at Pattaya Police Station pending further enquires.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/179722/russian-accused-of-attempted-sexual-assault-of-pattaya-bar-worker/

The bar worker, who cannot be named, told Police that she met the Russian in a bar she works at on Pattaya Second Road and he invited her to spend the night with him.

The pair left the bar and walked up to Pattaya Third Road. When they arrived at the area of woodland, she alleges Mr. Igvatyer pulled her into bushes and made attempts to sexually assault her.

WTF?  He barfines a girl (i.e she agrees to sleep with him in his hotel room) then he tried to fuck her on the walk on the way to his hotel?  :huh:

I first came across the Wild Pigs of Pattaya exploring a wooded area near where the famous Emma (Amy, Boy, Toy) lives.   This is on undeveloped land behind the small diagonal soi going from Soi 17 to 3rd Road.  I was wandering in the woods and saw a few pigs. I thought it would be best to turn around and walk back. 

A couple weeks ago I was walking on 3rd Road and saw these pigs in the lot with the stray dogs near where the Chinese tour busses park.  I reckon if they were dangerous they would have been removed by now.

Wild Pigs and Stray Dogs live in Harmony in South Pattaya

A bizarre story from South Pattaya where a group of stray dogs and wild pigs are living and eating together in apparent harmony in a dumping ground for refuse.

On Friday afternoon we met Khun Samorn aged 50, a street refuse collector who specializes in converting plastic containers into money. He appears to use a majority of that money to feed a pack of over 20 stray dogs who meet him every day at the area of wasteland at the Southern end of Pattaya Third Road.

Recently a pack of 10 wild pigs have been joining the stray dogs for their daily meal and the two species appear to get on with each other very well.

Khun Samorn cannot explain where the pigs came from and why they suddenly appeared in recent weeks.

What we can say is, it’s an unusual pairing and re-enforces the fact that Pattaya really is an extreme city!

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/177964/wild-pigs-and-stray-dogs-live-in-harmony-in-south-pattaya/