Restaurants in Pattaya

pdogg

A friend asked me about good Italian and Thai restaurants in Pattaya so figured some more of you may be interested.

I'm a 30 baht street stall kind of guy myself, but occasionally I venture out for mid range dining.

My choice for a Thai restaurant is Cucumber on Pattaya Tai. Good food and comfortable seating.

My Italian choice is on a small nameless soi off Soi Buckhaou. If you are walking south on Buckhoao it is the second right after Soi Diana. It's near the end of the dead end soi.

I forget the name but the customers are nearly all Italian so that should count for something.

Maybe I'm a little weird, but I too am here for the food as well...

I am a regular at street stalls too. I am now in the process of working my way up to "street som tam" For some reason, I am still frightened by it...I have my eyes on the Som Tom Lady just outside of August Suites as there is always a line there. I will be going to see her as a street som tam virgin.

Lately, I have been on this kick of meeting LB's online and taking them out somewhere. Most of these ladies have explained to me that they are "normal" or "good" ladyboys, so it seems only right that I bring them to a "proper" restaurant (preferably with A/C for me).

Thanks for these suggestions...

RJS

I will be going to see her as a street som tam virgin.

Lately, I have been on this kick of meeting LB's online and taking them out somewhere.

Rocky, Suggest you order Som Tam Thai mai ped or Som Tam Thai prig neung med.

Most falang prefer Som Tam Thai to Som Tam Issan. mai ped = no spicy; prig neung med = 1 chilli pepper.

There's a few Pattaya LBs with Profiles on Ladyboy Review:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?file=member_search_by_city&&country_id=39&country_name=Thailand&continent_code=AS

Me and my teerak, along with Route 69 went to a small gathering on New Year's Eve with a bunchof non-P4P ladyboys their work ranging from gas sation cashier to legit massage,

The Morlam on February 13th will have hundreds upon hundreds of ladyboys. Let's hope for no rain.

For a good Italian place, try the L'Italiano on Walking Street near to Lucifer.I have been there several times each trip and also brought my Italian workmate. He agrees with me it is very good and serves authentic Italian cuisine.

• Upvote 1

Am I correct, Som Tam Thai has no crab?

I think Som Tam Thai has no crab in any form. It has some peanuts though. The hotness is determined by the number of chilli peppers. Prig neung med (1 chilli) is recommended for most falang beginners although Thais might have upwards of 10, Sometimes even no chiliis is spicy cause of residual spice left in the bowl.

• 11 months later...

For those who like their friend chicken, this place off Pattaya Klang between Second road and Soi Buakhao is on another level to most of the greasy stalls around town.  When you come out of Buakhao, turn left and the soi with the chicken is on the other side, about 100 metres down.  Go up that soi and the shop is on the left.

It opens from 5 pm to 11 pm, closed on Sundays.

Head down this Soi.

post-106-0-28959400-1358429592_thumb.jpg

Easy enough to find.

post-106-0-83422300-1358429597_thumb.jpg

Good prices, and at least the prices are marked.

post-106-0-05389600-1358429577_thumb.jpg

Off home for a crispy feast on the balcony.

post-106-0-03815700-1358429584_thumb.jpg

My Italian choice is on a small nameless soi off Soi Buckhaou. If you are walking south on Buckhoao it is the second right after Soi Diana. It's near the end of the dead end soi.

I forget the name but the customers are nearly all Italian so that should count for something.

Restaurante Italiano??

Small dead end soi nearly opposite the medical center on Buakhao??

Past Rouge Apartments??

Italian ... two places come to mind, although I don't usually eat anything besides Thai.

Buondi Da Noong Ristoran Tino - on Thappraya Road, between South Pattaya and Jomtien, if you google it, you'll find the exact location.  Not fancy furnishings, but great pasta and reasonable.

http://www.pattaya-funtown.com/food_italy.html

Roger's - on a small soi directly west of Pattaya Memorial Hospital, behind the beer bars.  The best italian I have eaten in Thailand.  Not cheap. There is a thread about it on Pattaya Addicts that has lots of pics of the food and menus. I'd rather not poach the pics from that site.  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/

I know Roger's well. I discovered it by accident as I was staggering back to August Suites thru the back sois late one night. The next day I went there and met Roger. We got on well and I ate there numerous times. The food was terrific. He will cook for you as per your request. His wife (Thai) cooks the Thai dishes which are also superb. I love the place. The atmosphere is quiet with laid back Sinatra music. Nice AC and a good wine selection. I recommend it highly.