Thailand News Today

duke007

21 minutes ago, duke007 said:

In the above video, a few minutes in Nan makes a guest appearance.  Unlike Natty, she is not naturally fluent in English although of course on a much higher level than the average bargirl. Who would you rather have a romp with mongers, Nan or Natty? 

4 hours ago, duke007 said:

4 hours ago, duke007 said:

Wow, I got something right for a change. My gf has been hounding me to pay for her Test and Go trip from Laos to Thailand. I said just wait and see what happens today as they had announced that things could be changing. As we now see they have, and on the 1st March, which just happens to be the day I booked her into a hotel in NongKhai. Now with the scrapping of the 5th day test it should make it a lot cheaper. Only puzzling thing is that you have to take an ATK test yourself on the 5th day. No one has said what you have to do with it!!!!. Throw it out the window if it is positive?.

Still a lot of strange decisions being made.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woodie said:

Only puzzling thing is that you have to take an ATK test yourself on the 5th day. No one has said what you have to do with it!!!!. Throw it out the window if it is positive?.

Regarding the regulations for international arrivals, the CCSA has initially approved the replacement of a second on-arrival RT-PCR test with a self ATK (rapid) test on the fifth day of a visitor’s arrival, starting March 1st. A hotel stay was not mandatory while doing the self-test and the results could be submitted electronically by a tourist on their own. A test before coming to Thailand was still required.

In short, travelers would only need a single payment for ONE ON-ARRIVAL RT-PCR test and one night booking at an SHA Extra Plus accommodation to wait for the first RT-PCR result on the first day of their arrival, although this still needed to be booked in advance. Additionally, the minimum insurance coverage upon traveling to the country would be reduced to USD 20,000 from the current USD 50,000. A visitor can register for the new guidelines and programs effective from March 1st, although there were still questions about if there would be any “grandfather” clauses for those already booked and arriving on or around that date.

Moreover, the CCSA would consider more Covid-19 testing adjustments for international arrivals, such as the potential to remove the first on-arrival test and mandated hotel stay, in April if the Covid-19 situation improved and the new regulations proved effective next month. This was, of course, only consideration and not a promise.

All tourists are also being reminded that they are still required to register and present their documents on the electronic ‘Thailand Pass’ system prior to their arrival via Sandbox or the Test&Go scheme. At this time, there are no plans to get rid of the unpopular Thailand Pass registration program, according to the CCSA, as it is also used to assist in tracking tourists for “security purposes”.

There were no further updates or changes around other restrictions, such as the ongoing closure of the bar and entertainment industry nationwide which has been allowed to be temporary “restaurants” in the meantime with additional rules and certifications and 11:00 P.M. remains the legal official closing time in zones where alcohol can be served at restaurants. The nationwide mask mandate, including outdoors and even alone on a motorbike, remains.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/23/details-from-todays-thailand-covid-19-center-meeting-including-test-and-go-changes/

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

A hotel stay was not mandatory while doing the self-test and the results could be submitted electronically by a tourist on their own. A test before coming to Thailand was still required.

This still puzzles me. How and what do you submit from the test?.

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

This still puzzles me. How and what do you submit from the test?.

I have no idea.   Which was one of the reasons they temporarily instituted the Day 5 quarantine because guys had no idea what to do on Day 5 or had no idea how to get their results especially if they got a new Thai Sim after they landed.

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Regarding the regulations for international arrivals, the CCSA has initially approved the replacement of a second on-arrival RT-PCR test with a self ATK (rapid) test on the fifth day of a visitor’s arrival, starting March 1st. A hotel stay was not mandatory while doing the self-test and the results could be submitted electronically by a tourist on their own. A test before coming to Thailand was still required.

In short, travelers would only need a single payment for ONE ON-ARRIVAL RT-PCR test and one night booking at an SHA Extra Plus accommodation to wait for the first RT-PCR result on the first day of their arrival, although this still needed to be booked in advance. Additionally, the minimum insurance coverage upon traveling to the country would be reduced to USD 20,000 from the current USD 50,000. A visitor can register for the new guidelines and programs effective from March 1st, although there were still questions about if there would be any “grandfather” clauses for those already booked and arriving on or around that date.

Moreover, the CCSA would consider more Covid-19 testing adjustments for international arrivals, such as the potential to remove the first on-arrival test and mandated hotel stay, in April if the Covid-19 situation improved and the new regulations proved effective next month. This was, of course, only consideration and not a promise.

All tourists are also being reminded that they are still required to register and present their documents on the electronic ‘Thailand Pass’ system prior to their arrival via Sandbox or the Test&Go scheme. At this time, there are no plans to get rid of the unpopular Thailand Pass registration program, according to the CCSA, as it is also used to assist in tracking tourists for “security purposes”.

There were no further updates or changes around other restrictions, such as the ongoing closure of the bar and entertainment industry nationwide which has been allowed to be temporary “restaurants” in the meantime with additional rules and certifications and 11:00 P.M. remains the legal official closing time in zones where alcohol can be served at restaurants. The nationwide mask mandate, including outdoors and even alone on a motorbike, remains.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/23/details-from-todays-thailand-covid-19-center-meeting-including-test-and-go-changes/

I called the hotel after hearing of the changes and the girl said that she could not do anything until after March 1st. I would say after that it will take a week or so to process the entry pass, then you can book the two days, one night stay. 4500 Baht is what she quoted. A lot better than the 16900 baht for the seven days. Stll puzzled about the self ATK test on the 5th day. It seems they take your word on the result???. Yeah right!!.

• Like 1