Thailand News Today

duke007

I usually get the bus from bkk airport to Jomtien and back. If I arrive or leave at a time when the bus isn't running I get a taxi, which usually costs 1,200 - 1,500 Baht.

Apparently now because of shortage of drivers prices are being jacked up to 2,300 - 2,500 Baht.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/taxi-shortage-price-gouging-hurting-pattaya-reopening-ctic-says-378002

Screenshot 2021-11-05 12.42.08.png

you doing screen shots or something like QG ? learn to copy and paste! unable to quote screenshots.

another possible load of Pattaya Mail bullshit. how can exorbitant fares be affecting Pattaya tourism when there is no tourism? Of course the number of taxis has lessened at swampy...there's not been any arrivals worth talking about for months..

why are 'clearly' many drivers refusing to use meters.. when there are no drivers and customers?

shortage of taxis?... bollocks... i could walk to beach road and see 10 every hour cruising around.

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I usually get the bus from bkk airport to Jomtien and back. If I arrive or leave at a time when the bus isn't running I get a taxi, which usually costs 1,200 - 1,500 Baht.

The current system of 1 day quarantine (which they don't call a quarantine) requires you to use transportation provided by the hotel and included in the price.

But in case things change:

The bus from Swampy to the Food Mart/VT1 in Jomtien (you can also exit the bus at a few places on Sukhumvit) is now 130 baht up from 119 baht.

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

Schedule could be different in January.

If taking a cab I highly recommend Tom Taxi. 1000 baht which includes tolls from Swampy to Jomtien.   They are very responsive; inquiries answered in minutes. Took them 4 times recently and all were good experiences.

https://www.tomtaxiservice.com/

Email:  info@tomtaxiservice.com

+66 982812537

+66 957155167 

In Thailand replace the +66 with 0

Meeting Point
Suvarnabhumi Airport Taxi (BKK)
Arrival Gate No. 3 (level 2), next to the information counter. Our driver will there together with holding signboard with your name.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

If taking a cab I highly recommend Tom Taxi. 1000 baht which includes tolls from Swampy to Jomtien.   They are very responsive; inquiries answered in minutes. Took them 4 times recently and all were good experiences.

After a recommendation by you Pdoggg many trips back I started to use Tom Taxi and would never use anyone else as She and Her team are that reliable. :drinks:

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

The current system of 1 day quarantine (which they don't call a quarantine) requires you to use transportation provided by the hotel and included in the price.

Yes I know PD, but as you say things may change. I read the one day quarantine requirement might end. But I might need a taxi to return to airport at end of trip.

39 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Yes I know PD, but as you say things may change. I read the one day quarantine requirement might end. But I might need a taxi to return to airport at end of trip.

don't panic too much about that QG...you'll be an expert 'Bolt' man with your new phone by then... and  i'm sure that Emmy would be please to help you, or my girlfriend probably would in emergency.

stop whittling!

18 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

shortage of taxis?... bollocks... i could walk to beach road and see 10 every hour cruising around.

Things must have changed. Whenever I was in los there were never any taxis cruising around. The blue and yellow meter cabs, if they didn't have a customer, would be parked up in a regular spot with the driver nearby sitting in a plastic chair.

The taxis from firms like Mr T's weren't marked as taxis, so I don't know if they were cruising around, but I thought they could only be booked by phone or online.

Are the new Grab and Bolt taxis marked as taxis? Do they cruise around looking for fares. Can you just hail one on the road? I thought they had to be booked on a smartphone.

• Like 1

yes talking about the blue/yellow ones QG. loads of them.. could be the same ones going around and around though!

i don't know much about marked and unmarked taxi's. i guess that the yellow/blue ones are similar to london black cabs and the Mr T things more like mini-cabs?

PD is the bolt expert , he'll know. i guess that they are unmarked, maybe something on the windscreen perhaps.  He once booked one for the both of us and a pick-up turned up. dunno if you can specify a type of vehicle wanted. All will be revealed when PD wakes up... he's in vampire mode at the moment... probably dreaming of Lisa from pinkcrack or whatever they are called....

don't think that you can hail bolt taxis on the street therefore because they are not recognisable.

that bolt one with PD was the only taxi i have ever used in thailand since probably 2007.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

yes talking about the blue/yellow ones QG. loads of them.. could be the same ones going around and around though!

You don"t want to talk to those guys, silly money compared to Bolt.    

52 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

PD is the bolt expert , he'll know. i guess that they are unmarked, maybe something on the windscreen perhaps.  He once booked one for the both of us and a pick-up turned up.

Best to book the cheapest Bolt and sometimes a bigger one will show up at the cheap price.  The cheapest price Bolt fits 3 people comfortably.  When you get your smartphone, you can download the Bolt app from the Google Play Store and fool around with it on Blighty setting up rides from Emmy's to TJ's etc.and fantasize about the ladyboys you will have sex with at these places.  You can request they keep their masks on during a boom boom session.

You can even make multiple stops at no extra charge with Bolt.  

But I don't use Bolt too much as walking, baht busses, and sometimes my motobike suits my needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

He must be drinking too much coffee in 7/11s. I blame you!

The ladyboy barista in the 7/11 overlooking Pratumnak Beach makes an almost perfect latte and it's just 35 baht.

Perfect would be if she whipped it out, slapped it on the countertop and shot a load of jizz into the frothy milk.

Had a latte there the past two nights and indeed it was my visually impaired mate who turned me on to delight of 7/11 coffee.  A real smooth operator much like Pacino in the Scent of a Woman, he tells baristas of the third kind that his heightened senses can detect Aroma de Ass. :db:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke007 said:

Near the end of the above video the panel discusses Bryan Flowers' hunger strike.  He plans to remain on the hunger strike until Pattaya bars reopen.  Bryan is the general partner of the Nightwish Group which operate over a dozen bars on Soi Half A Dozen.  I'm glad I'm not a limited partner.  He should be on the show Thursday or Friday.