Pattaya Sealed Off

Pdoggg

Not the best translation.  Believe that Close the Gate refers to roadblocks.

Resolution of the Communicable Disease Committee Meeting Chonburi Province To proceed as follows:
1. The District shall set up a separate unit To inspect violators of the local commissions.
2. Close hotels and establishments of the same nature With conditions for that hotel Issuing measures to take care of employees Do not let employees leave Chonburi province
(For hotels that still have guests Must inform the local area within 3 days that it will be closed or will be opened next)
3. Temporarily close Pattaya City, close the gate There is an intensive extraction block. The security agencies should consider screening whether it is necessary or not.
4. Close all beaches in the province. Do not allow groups to do social gatherings but can also play in the water.
5. Close the gas station from 22.00-05.00 hrs.
6. Close all flea markets. The definition is the market that requests the second type market license according to the daily market law. Unstructured
7. Seek cooperation Refrain from leaving the residence 23.00-05.00 hrs (if the government announces a similar order To seize the time of this whole order And of the Cabinet together)
8. Provincial Commerce suspends some types of services Waiting to check in the order
9. Do not engage in activities in all reservoirs
10. Make clear To open a shop that does activities about hair, cutting, washing, cutting, straightening, straightening, coloring, both men and women can do !!! But tattoo shops, nail salons, and others can't = can only do hair services

https://www.77kaoded.com/news/sangk/1482496

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Quietguy said:

@blind boy grunt It seems you can get your luxuriant locks attended to by trained stylists in Pattaya. :biggrin:

okay...does anyone know an hairstylist with arms  2 metres long ?....

and now the madness continues.... 7-11 this morning, all staff wearing masks... okay.... but also those welders plastic face safety things!

• Like 1

I've been reading that the main reason for the curfew is to prevent private night time parties and also crime suppression.  I've also heard that curfew hours may be extended beyond 10PM to 4 AM.

I've been hearing that wearing masks is now mandatory and have heard that the fines will be rather high.  I've heard numbers ranging for 10K baht to 40K baht and a two year stay in the monkey house.

I'd say that about 80% of Thais are wearing masks but only about 20% of farang.   I would think that probably doesn't go over well with many Thais.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I've been reading that the main reason for the curfew is to prevent private night time parties and also crime suppression.  I've also heard that curfew hours may be extended beyond 10PM to 4 AM.

I've been hearing that wearing masks is now mandatory and have heard that the fines will be rather high.  I've heard numbers ranging for 10K baht to 40K baht and a two year stay in the monkey house.

I'd say that about 80% of Thais are wearing masks but only about 20% of farang.   I would think that probably doesn't go over well with many Thais.   

If this thing gets worse in Thailand, and I think it will, The Mr Bean General in charge and his minions will no doubt play the "blame the dirty farang" game.  Fines for no masks?  Just an naked attempt to play that other cheap Thai game called, "Milk the farang!!""

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Some photos appearing online of the shutdown.  While many who reside there perhaps had no plans to leave Pattaya in the coming week or so, the fact that one can’t right now is sobering no doubt. Like a Thai version of the Truman Show movie.

Pattaya had to stop the shutdown as traffic backed up for miles.  

In Bangkok there was a run on beer and booze yesterday as the government announced that starting today there would be no sale of alcoholic beverages starting today for 10 days.    They are trying to discourage private parties especially given that Songkran is just around the corner.  Family Mar has some water guns hanging from the ceiling. 

Yeah, those checkpoints really are a nuisance. Get rid of them.

Just like those Thais who returned to Thailand and landed after curfew hours had begun. Inconvenient, they didn't like the new law so created a fuss and buggered off home. Yes, I know they're being rounded up but it is the Thai mentality. If a law is inconvenient, disruptive, or it just spoils their fun then they don't want to abide by it.

Somchai: Must remember to wear facemask on the motorbike, the cat's sleeping in my helmet and a helmet doesn't matter anyway. Flip-flops, shorts, t-shirt, facemask.. safety check complete!  Now ready to burn rubber and safely rock those highways.

• Like 2

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1897390/pattaya-to-adjust-lockdown

The new checkpoints would be set up at Dolphin Circle; the entrance of Pattana Nua (North Pattaya) at the Prinya Sai 3 intersection; Pattaya Klang (Central Pattaya) at Soi Arunothai; Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya) at Soi Kophai; and Jomtien checkpoint on Jomtien Sai 2 Road.

The checkpoints will be manned by combined teams of health officials, Bang Lamung district officials, volunteers and police who will strictly screen people entering the town. They will start operating from Tuesday and will be in place for three weeks or until the situation returns to normal, said the mayor.

More than 2,800 foreigners are still staying in the inner zone of the town and this is where the new effort will be concentrated. Of the 33 Covid-19 infections recorded in Pattaya, 26 were in this area, said the mayor. 

He ordered the five existing checkpoints on the east side of the town scrapped and the barriers removed. New checkpoints are expected to function more efficiently and help prevent the spread of the virus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

Mark my words the first foreigners that will be let back into Thailand-the culprits of this issues the Chinese.

Although Thailand may want to do that, its debatable if the Chinese will actually be able to come en masse after their economy is in ruins and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

A few well off to do will travel sure.. but those huge bus tours that annoy the fuck out of everyone? Probably not for a few months I'm guessing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Although Thailand may want to do that, its debatable if the Chinese will actually be able to come en masse after their economy is in ruins and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

A few well off to do will travel sure.. but those huge bus tours that annoy the fuck out of everyone? Probably not for a few months I'm guessing.

Geez, I dont know about the Chinese economy being in ruins. It obviously wont be like it was for some time yet, but I wouldn't mind betting that it will be stronger than many others around the world.

Been speaking to a few in China. They are back at work, schools go back in May and activities such as sport are being allowed to start then as well.I guess this is if the virus does not suddenly spring up again.

It would be ironic if they came out of this better than the rest of the world

I agree about those bloody buses clogging up the streets at about 10 oclock every night. It is a right piss off!.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodie said:

It would be ironic if they came out of this better than the rest of the world

In the last two weeks many Companies in US , Canada and EU have parked their shipments in the Chinese factories en masse and won t take delivery.. i have a 40 High Cube container volume of goods that i cant take as no customers...its very very bad out there and this depression will take its toll for years to come IMO.  There wont be many winners in the short term. I dont  use letters of credit and thank god for that , they cant ship without my say so but so far its been amicable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcat said:

In the last two weeks many Companies in US , Canada and EU have parked their shipments in the Chinese factories en masse and won t take delivery.. i have a 40 High Cube container volume of goods that i cant take as no customers...its very very bad out there and this depression will take its toll for years to come IMO.  There wont be many winners in the short term. I dont  use letters of credit and thank god for that , they cant ship without my say so but so far its been amicable.

I expect that the prices of many chinese products will go down. Now it's better to first sell, then buy from China.