Thais' Perception of Farangs as ATMs

Pdoggg

Someone had posted fairly recently about sending money is Coronavirus times but can't find the post so thought I'd start a new thread.

My girlfriend was contacted on Line by a very casual friend, really more of an acquaintance, about helping her out with money. Teerak replies that she's out of work and the acquaintance responds "but you have farang".     :shok:

Have you guys been getting money requests?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes. My other half was asked about asking me for a "loan" of 25,000 baht. She had the sense to throw in the drop in the exchange rate, and that we simply couldn't do it. The "friend" wasn't too impressed - apparently all farangs have money (but not this one!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cobber32 said:

- apparently all farangs have money (but not this one!)

I would say that for the majority of farang who've already made the decision to live / move / retire to Thailand that is the case, in varying degrees. Something they will all likely share is/was the ability to create a nest egg with income. A perpetual money-stream or sufficient built-up and invested without the necessity to work again.

The 'living for today, tomorrow will take care of itself' policy most Thais live by is perhaps turning on them now and many, if not the vast majority, will get bitten on the backside sooner or later for sucking the life out of that sorry mantra. It is only going to get worse before it gets better.  Resentment from those not under-the-wing of a financially savvy farang will increase. Blame poor education and stupidity.

The best thing farang in Thailand can do right now and for the foreseable is not to display unecessary signs of wealth. To Thais, a farang simply living in their country and seemingly doing nothing all day yet happily paying for rent and food without a worry in the world is already rich, so plenty enough for resentment to begin.

Despite this, there are some farang among us who don't know when to shut-the-fuck up and stop displaying unnecessary signs of apparent wealth. Bragging about their life upgrades and consumer items and the other useless things they enjoy spending their money on. It just makes them stand out as a bigger wanker than they most likely already are. Thais are not blind, they will notice all these things, too.

A curfew is annoying and confining, but in the long run could well be something which prevents someone getting robbed late at night on one of those usually busy streets.  Thailand is a very safe country in terms of physical attacks and street crime. Most is done by stealth and the victim unaware until later. But these are unprecedented times and desperation levels are at the foot of a steep upcoming incline.  

Be safe and smart.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Good advice DC. I don't wear expensive clothes, footwear, bling or Rolex's in London, plenty of desperate people and opportunistic criminals in UK too.

But I think it is stupid to flash what is relative wealth around in any poor country, especially at this time.

• Like 1

Suggest PDoggg change the name of this thread to "Thais' Perception of Farangs as ATMs" or something like that, as so far no one posted about "sending money" (the thread's topic) and I am sure some of you did.   I did.

Here is my take:

Prior to the coronavirus and over more than 2 decades of mongering, I can recall only 2 after-Thailand requests to send money (one from a ladyboy and one from a woman shopkeeper I fucked).  Perhaps I come across as the kind of monger not even worth bothering to ask.   Since the coronavirus, I got 2 requests from Thailand (Phuket and Jomtien ladyboys).  In all cases, I said no and they did not insist.

In contrast, the Filipinos have always invariably asked me for money as soon as they have my contact.  I usually ignore or say no, but they insist without a sense of loosing face like the Thais seem to have.  A few times I have sent small amounts to a special lady or ladyboy, but never on a repeated basis.  Since the coronavirus, the requests have been non-stop, including from a thick cock AC ladyboy cutie (see my TR) who I have been with no more than 3 or 4 times.  My "sort of AC ex" had also been pestering me with requests. I wanted to send her 50 bucks or so, but I am stuck at home and there aren't westernunions around here.  But the thick cock ladyboy has a paypal account, so I told my ex to get in touch with the thick cock one and arrange to split 60 bucks I was going to send.  I just did.  Let's see how it ends.  Namely whether the thick cock one shares with my ex...

On a more disturbing note, I got a request from a PI GG I was with a couple of times who claims to be infected.  She even sent the 4 pics below.  They seem somewhat generic.  The test pic and the hand with the 2 rings (not hers) are clearly props.  The girl on the bed kinda looks like her, but I don't think it is...  Could be any round-faced young pinay milf.  The drafting of the plea she sent along with the pics also seems a bit generic in that it could have been simultaneously sent to multiple suckers ...  She keeps texting me, which for someone in a intensive care hospital situation might not be consistent.   What do you guys think?   I would help her if I could be sure that's her.  But I am not going to fall for the latest bargirl con.  Has anyone received pics like these from the Philippines?

thanks.  rom

coronavirus02.jpg.dbba07bee207b8ec8afacb30a76a6ec0.jpgcoronav04.jpg.96a4ae82331648687ebe053a52e86828.jpg

coronavirus03.jpg.19ac939e37976ea53a91528a60979863.jpgcoronavirus01.jpg.d4c40a84fefe31d39d23f3b6d7af4815.jpg

• Like 1

"Suggest PDoggg change the name of this thread to "Thais' Perception of Farangs as ATMs" or something like that, as so far no one posted about "sending money" (the thread's topic) and I am sure some of you did.   I did. "

Appreciate your post. It is kinda a "Drop the Mic" post as no one followed up. Of course, I'm a fucking ATM.  I show up in Thailand, spend a few baht for a blow job, and I'm never heard from again.  This disease, if you have eyes, even if not a heart, highlights the huge difference between the haves and have nots.  We can blame the Thai (and others for a "live for today" attitude), or we can have compassion.  

I personally struggle in my heart seeing a working girl I know who used to brag about buying Cartier bags, and her $3K per month apartment in South Orange County, California, posting about needing a few dollars to make ends meet on Facebook. Maybe she should have saved, but she didn't. If Trump can say nobody expected this, then I guess a working girl can say the same. 

So let's all have compassion. The rain falls on the wicked and the just.

RandiUno

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

"Suggest PDoggg change the name of this thread to "Thais' Perception of Farangs as ATMs" or something like that, as so far no one posted about "sending money" (the thread's topic) and I am sure some of you did.   I did. "

Appreciate your post. It is kinda a "Drop the Mic" post as no one followed up. Of course, I'm a fucking ATM.  I show up in Thailand, spend a few baht for a blow job, and I'm never heard from again.  This disease, if you have eyes, even if not a heart, highlights the huge difference between the haves and have nots.  We can blame the Thai (and others for a "live for today" attitude), or we can have compassion.  

I personally struggle in my heart seeing a working girl I know who used to brag about buying Cartier bags, and her $3K per month apartment in South Orange County, California, posting about needing a few dollars to make ends meet on Facebook. Maybe she should have saved, but she didn't. If Trump can say nobody expected this, then I guess a working girl can say the same. 

So let's all have compassion. The rain falls on the wicked and the just.

RandiUno

Well Sadi, Randi.

Cheers

On 4/5/2020 at 5:52 AM, Rom said:

Suggest PDoggg change the name of this thread to "Thais' Perception of Farangs as ATMs" or something like that, as so far no one posted about "sending money" (the thread's topic) and I am sure some of you did.   I did.

Here is my take:

Prior to the coronavirus and over more than 2 decades of mongering, I can recall only 2 after-Thailand requests to send money (one from a ladyboy and one from a woman shopkeeper I fucked).  Perhaps I come across as the kind of monger not even worth bothering to ask.   Since the coronavirus, I got 2 requests from Thailand (Phuket and Jomtien ladyboys).  In all cases, I said no and they did not insist.

In contrast, the Filipinos have always invariably asked me for money as soon as they have my contact.  I usually ignore or say no, but they insist without a sense of loosing face like the Thais seem to have.  A few times I have sent small amounts to a special lady or ladyboy, but never on a repeated basis.  Since the coronavirus, the requests have been non-stop, including from a thick cock AC ladyboy cutie (see my TR) who I have been with no more than 3 or 4 times.  My "sort of AC ex" had also been pestering me with requests. I wanted to send her 50 bucks or so, but I am stuck at home and there aren't westernunions around here.  But the thick cock ladyboy has a paypal account, so I told my ex to get in touch with the thick cock one and arrange to split 60 bucks I was going to send.  I just did.  Let's see how it ends.  Namely whether the thick cock one shares with my ex...

On a more disturbing note, I got a request from a PI GG I was with a couple of times who claims to be infected.  She even sent the 4 pics below.  They seem somewhat generic.  The test pic and the hand with the 2 rings (not hers) are clearly props.  The girl on the bed kinda looks like her, but I don't think it is...  Could be any round-faced young pinay milf.  The drafting of the plea she sent along with the pics also seems a bit generic in that it could have been simultaneously sent to multiple suckers ...  She keeps texting me, which for someone in a intensive care hospital situation might not be consistent.   What do you guys think?   I would help her if I could be sure that's her.  But I am not going to fall for the latest bargirl con.  Has anyone received pics like these from the Philippines?

thanks.  rom

coronavirus02.jpg.dbba07bee207b8ec8afacb30a76a6ec0.jpgcoronav04.jpg.96a4ae82331648687ebe053a52e86828.jpg

coronavirus03.jpg.19ac939e37976ea53a91528a60979863.jpgcoronavirus01.jpg.d4c40a84fefe31d39d23f3b6d7af4815.jpg

Since you asked . . . Whether or not the pics are “real”,  send the poor thing a few bucks, if you can. It won’t kill you and it could make a huge difference in her life. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

FOLLOW-UP POST:

On 4/5/2020 at 8:52 AM, Rom said:

(...) I got a request from a PI GG I was with a couple of times who claims to be infected.  She even sent 4 pics (.../but they) could be any round-faced young pinay milf.  The drafting of the plea she sent along with the pics also seems a bit generic in that it could have been simultaneously sent to multiple suckers ...  She keeps texting me, which for someone in a intensive care hospital situation might not be consistent.   What do you guys think?  Should I help her (.../or not)?

rom

On 4/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, strocube said:

Since you asked . . . Whether or not the pics are “real”,  send the poor thing a few bucks, if you can. It won’t kill you and it could make a huge difference in her life. 

I did send her  50 bucks and then she came right back and asked for more.  This time saying her infant son was hospitalized.  I agreed but made it clear I would not send again.  It's been over 2 weeks and she hasn't asked.  Everyday she greets me "good morning/ how are you?" but does not tell me about her or her son's recovery and I don't want to ask as it could lead to another $ request.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:52 AM, Rom said:

Since the coronavirus, the requests have been non-stop, including from a thick cock AC ladyboy cutie (see my TR) who I have been with no more than 3 or 4 times.  My "sort of AC ex" had also been pestering me with requests. I wanted to send her 50 bucks or so, but I am stuck at home and there aren't westernunions around here.  But the thick cock ladyboy has a paypal account, so I told my ex to get in touch with the thick cock one and arrange to split 60 bucks I was going to send.  I just did.  Let's see how it ends.  Namely whether the thick cock one shares with my ex...

They did share and a week later the "thick cock" one came back and asked for more and I declined and I haven't since heard from her or seen her on fb.  It's likely she pawned her phone.  My "sort of AC ex" also went silent for over 3 weeks and a couple days ago she renewed her pleas.  I sent her a second time.

In the meantime I had also sent some pocket change to 2 other GGs and 2 other ladyboys, including 1000 baht to 1 Thai, who was the first Thai EVER in my life I sent money to.  I have ignored at least 10 requests from the PI, 1 more from Thailand, and 3 from Africa.

Yesterday I received from "my sort of AC ex" the group picture below, which I believe was sent in gratitude and jest.  The “saving the village” was something she threw back at me as I had mentioned that “I could not save the whole village” prior to sending her money.  (The pic was taken in AC, not a village.)  The other ladyboy (black tik tok shirt) has a real sponsor from Australia and she showed me screenshots of the texts for multiple hundred-dollars-plus remittances perhaps to induce me to beef up my own.  To no avail.  Having sent those pics, let's see how long my "sort of AC ex" goes before asking again.  I have no doubt she is in need as she has also pawned her phone and is sharing the other ladyboy's.  On the other hand, it's possible the money I send goes straight into crystal meth, as is often the case with the ladyboys in the P4P game...

covid1a.jpg.6b8d01cd43682f0a2ab09c154127b411.jpg

covid1b.thumb.jpg.b28382c907302611aa7d1e5d5244fbc2.jpg

covid3.jpg.342164068e68de985479d2f08d3e6d1a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I had a little cutie I spent some time with in the PI also hit me up for money. I sent her $100 US. Like what happened to you, she also hit me up again. Lol! Sent her another $100. But that’s it, and I mean it. 
Hard to say “no” when I know how and where she lives, and I’m home, not working and still getting paid. My biggest struggles right now are boredom and trying to not eat and drink to excess. I have nothing to complain about. 

• Like 3

I've fallen down this hole a bit. They really know how to lure the cash out of you....especially when they are less than half your age and call you "Daddy".

One LB I contributed for her tits. And I would get messages from her asking for money. She showed me pictures of her parents house that had a collapsed roof and she needed emergency money. She didnt realize she had sent me the same pictures 16 months earlier.

I think being a walking ATM for males in Asia is normal....its not just for farangs. A lot of guys pay for younger girls. And a part of it is that it feels good for us men to help girls, support girls, and have some influence on the girls by our financial support. It makes us feel more powerful. Especially when you can support a girl to live a better life and be happy. Even better if you have 3 or 4 at the same time like that and the bill is not that big because they come from the countryside.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The-Sith said:

And a part of it is that it feels good for us men to help girls, support girls, and have some influence on the girls by our financial support. It makes us feel more powerful. Especially when you can support a girl to live a better life and be happy. Even better if you have 3 or 4 at the same time like that and the bill is not that big because they come from the countryside.

You nailed it!

Most of us want to make people happy.  Even incredibly nasty people have the capacity for kindness. 

Many of us want to solve people's specific problems.   It could be a collapsed roof,  a dead motobike,  or a sick buffalo.  It feels good to be a saviour.  It's a win-win.

Also within our DNA men want to protect damsels in distress.  But the kindness can transcend the sexual dynamics.  Two different friends of mine paid for significant home repairs for people in situations where there was no romantic involvement whatsoever.   

When we give from a place of kindness it feels incredibly good.  That's so much different than giving out of obligation.     

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time keeps going by and this covid19 shit endures, apparently unaffected by the warmer and longer days of Spring... Yet all around me (USA!) every day now I see more and more cars on the roads, which is a sure sign that people are no longer just bunkering it out at home.   International air travel however is still solidly out of the picture, which really messes up my life (and I am NOT talking about my sex life with traps...).  I really need to be in Manila in July but may be impossible for a non-resident to buy an airfare and I certainly don't want to be quarantined for weeks...  I feel good and I have not been tested for covid-19.  I suspect I may have caught it before all the hype while in Asia last January. Overnight I got the most freezing chills ever and body aches and the next day I was fine.  The ladyboy who stayed and comforted me through that mini-ordeal is fine also.  What does not kill you, makes you stronger.

This to say that, as per the topic of this thread, since then I have helped some of my business-challenged Southeast Asia P4P friends with occasional pocket cash remittances.  It seems they know to wait a couple of weeks before coming back for more.  And they all do.  Not so much the Thais.  The Pinoys.  I lost count of how many, including some I never even fucked.  A few of them, knowing how much I like body writing, are sending me sexy pics that they know I can't but reward with a little cash.  I had shared the group one posted above in a separate thread where I had planned to post more already lined up, but changed my mind after the mixed reception that first pic got.  Here is another one below I just got from a GG I never fucked.  Think what you want.  As far as I can tell, they are having fun staging the pics and a sense of accomplishment for getting me to paypal.  I could post more pics like this to document one successful funds raising strategy during these strange times we are living through.  But not sure all BMs here want to see more pics like this.  Not having any exclusive insights into covid-19, the alternative is for me to participate in the Board's covid-19 multilogue with blahblahblah posts like these 2 paragraphs sharing personal opinions and anecdotes that nobody is interested in.  Anyhoo here is the pic:  stay healthy 

corona.jpg.4e8f80b109b5219e331b419208aed7be.jpg

corona2.jpg.80e3ddd0f67f1f428c61e422d496f1a1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Another exclusive Rom-sponsored covid lockdown production by one of my ladyboy favorites who agreed to lip-sync the internet tiktok template of ....

Daddy, Buy me North Korea!

Dedicated to the wit-starved masses at PY... 

Party on.

Rom

5 hours ago, seven said:

Do you do tiktok, Rom?

Sure do 7,  in fact I am the strapping young lad tiktoking on the right half side of the video in duet with the adorable Chalita of Boomerang Twin's glory.:biggrin:

And since I am posting, may as well post another of the covid-related acknowledgments I am getting, this time from Pepsi-Cola the Manila ladyboy student featured in my last TR who has since become a barangay (precinct) covid relief food aid distribution monitor.  She sent me the following pics showing her (red shirt) and her barangay crew with the bags of rice; her and another ladyboy she wants us to party with; and a thank you message to me self-written on her foot ...  I know this all may seem a bit odd to some of you, but that's how I party on!  AND, more importantly, be nice for the sake of being nice during these times of need for so many of our young asian friends.

barangay.jpg.ed51ed3c166a61f37bb86fe9aff6a4bf.jpg

bayots.jpg.01f73fbfb1103d2d70a357c6f5d144a4.jpg

foot.thumb.jpg.f3f746e81968fabed9563d13359fad4b.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rom said:

Sure do 7,  in fact I am the strapping young lad tiktoking on the right half side of the video in duet with the adorable Chalita of Boomerang Twin's glory.:biggrin:

I have never used it. Thought I was too old.

• 5 weeks later...

I am not the OP but I sorta hijacked this thread halfway down the page with the staged pics my TH and PI buddies have been sending me in exchange for (or in the hope of) a little pocket money.  (More like "pocket change" in farangland).  Initially it was my idea to have them do something token to make it seem like they were earning my paypals.  It saves my face, I dont come across as a total ATM beatch that dispenses $$$ unconditionally, and theirs by making it seem like they did not beg for it.  In fact the ladyboys especially (as opposed to the GGs) caught on fast to the mechanics of it and started sending me pics unsolicited (and unpaypaled!), some very creative and/or explicit.  They seem to be having fun doing it and are posting non-nude versions of the pics they staged for me in their Facebooks.

I can tell not all BMs here at LBR approve of "my" handwritten ladyboys and this not being one of my Romscar Club threads I respect that and I wont post any more such pics.  But FYI it's not like I have a skin-writing sex fetish.  I had never done it until I started TRing at PY so I could demonstrate interactively to all BMs I was not making stuff up.  Then it sorta became a trademark of my old "Daddy Rom" brand at PY with the added plus of driving my haters crazy with no extra effort on my part.  AND, on a more substantive dimension, it served to have BMs take a good look in the mirror.  How is me writing on ladyboys worse than me or another BM sodomizing them?...

All this to say a lot of whimsical, naughty pics have been created for me since this thread was started, but I don't want to be seen as insensitive and exploitative during these harsh covid times by posting them here for our farangly amusement.  Here are a couple Facebook-grade pics I just received that should pass every BM's higher moral standards.  I likely paid for the booze.  I am not a monster.

lockdown1.jpg.3af1e94a8c8a73f16c0079b1b69de797.jpg

lockdown2.jpg.02a4542cfc6820b4979c180e5bfcdb94.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, Rom said:

Here are a couple Facebook-grade pics I just received that should pass every BM's higher moral standards.  I likely paid for the booze.  I am not a monster.

Rom,

Your a good man. I'm sure the pocket change goes a long way, and who can get made at some young ladyboys relieving the boredom and stress with some farang paid for libations.

Al

• Like 2