Do You Think You’ll Be Back Before the End of the Year?

bumblebee

With all that’s happening at the moment, no doubt some of you guys are changing, or thinking of changing your travel plans. Personally I don’t see myself getting back till the end of 2021, but that was on the cards anyway.  But how about the rest of you chaps, have you changed upcoming trips and when do you think you may feasibly get back?  

A moot question perhaps as it’s so hard to see how this may all pan out of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

With all that’s happening at the moment, no doubt some of you guys are changing, or thinking of changing your travel plans. Personally I don’t see myself getting back till the end of 2021, but that was on the cards anyway.  But how about the rest of you chaps, have you changed upcoming trips and when do you think you may feasibly get back?  

A moot question perhaps as it’s so hard to see how this may all pan out of course.

I have a two month trip booked to arrive mid January 2021. If I was a betting man I wouldn't bet it will happen. Unless a vaccine comes faster than expected. But I can always cancel and it will probably cost me nothing. 

• Like 2

Well, I had planned a return visit to the Kingdom in late December early January, 2020.  I think I’m still going. 
I am not afraid of “THE VIRUS”, so if it’s still possible, I am totally going. 

I’ll just have to wait and see how things unfold before I’ll know if I can go or not.

Maybe I can get a cheap flight given all the hysteria. 

• Like 2

I think this will be fixed sooner than most, with maybe a backlash in the fall. I don't think travelling to Los july or august is impossible and hopefully back to "normal" whatever that'll be , at the end of the year. 

But what do I know, this is just my guess (and hope), everyone is a pandemic expert nowadays, and we're all just guessing. 

• Like 5

I hope to. My postponed trip to CHIna, ( as Trump calls it), is still on, once they fix a date and the airlines are flying again.

If China is off for whatever reason, might have to get my customer to meet me in BKK. Cheap fares from Shanghai to BKK. Well they were before this shitfight started!!!.

Of course it is all dependant on world leaders giving the all clear.

• Like 2

I had a Pattaya trip planned for this June/July (29 nights) but that has now been put to bed and I have cancelled both Flights and the Accommodation that I had booked. 

I have also pre-booked accommodation for this November but no Flights yet, will wait and see how the Land lies in a few months, not exactly in a rush to get back tbh so will bide my time. :yes:

• Like 2

I would Love to take my usual trip mid Nov/Dec for one Month but looking at How the current situation is unfolding I really can't see that happening, would like to set my sights now on mid Jan /Feb "time will tell" as they say. :biggrin:

• Like 3

I was not planning to be back this year even before all this Covid 19 stuff. I had already booked condo for next January/February. At the moment I don't even think that might go ahead.

If this current crisis eases off before the end of the year, I might consider going in December to support the girls and bars. I usually avoid high season.

• Like 2

Had hoped to return in September but now believe that I shall not be getting there till Feb/March 2021, that is of course if I live that long and have any money left.

another 10 weeks in this bungalow will have climbing up the walls

even a drink with Grunt and Bumblebee looks likes a night of great fun - what has the world come to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep well everybody

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Had plans to be in Europe for Easter, but stayed in America with one of my kids in case the world turns Mad Max beyond Thunderdome.

My travel-to-Asia priority is to go to Manila in July for a long planned business endeavor, which if delayed or scrapped is seriously gonna complicate the outlook I had for my next few years.

If I do go to the PI in July and stick around long enough, I will find a way to go to Pattaya to witness with my own eyes the end of an era.  Whatever comes next will not be the same.

PS  -   Rather than farangs-like-me travel plans, I am more interested in how those of you who are stuck in Thailand are dealing with the fact that you have all the Thai ladyboys and GGs to yourself and they are as income desperate as they ever been?  Do you risk non-stop sex with multiple partners?  stick to 1 only and hope for the best?  no sex at all as warranted by this crisis?  Please do tell.   

Edited by Rom
Edited with Post Script
  • Like 1

I'll be back to a ladyboy country. I don't know where and when. We are fairly well off so far, but they gonna make us work hard to recover corporate debts as weel as our social safety debts. As soon as I can, I'll have to be back. 

It might be more than the end of an era. The crisis is not over. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning. If only this corona could sweep out a few arrogant assholes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Annat said:

Had hoped to return in September but now believe that I shall not be getting there till Feb/March 2021, that is of course if I live that long and have any money left.

another 10 weeks in this bungalow will have climbing up the walls

even a drink with Grunt and Bumblebee looks likes a night of great fun - what has the world come to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep well everybody

it's okay for you lot trying to get here.... Annat might be coming....and i can't get out!

I'm living in Thailand (Phitsanulok) but travel to Pattaya just now is not an option. I had booked to be there 6 April but obviously had to cancel. I must say Chaiyapoon Inn management was very understanding - we exchanged emails re the cancellation.

So, when will I be back in Pattaya? Couldn't give a date, but as soon as it's reasonably safe to go. I'm old; time gets away, and I want to make the most of whatever time I have left. I expect Pattaya will never be the same as before the virus, but I'd like to see for myself. Meanwhile LBR helps keep the dream alive.

• Like 4

my guess is that you will need a certificate to fly, at some point,  either the antibody test or the swab test. The airlines will be the last business to come out of this mess IMO... i hope im wrong

EVA are still showing flights in August but they told me to take a refund as its not likely to be taking off...... i had a years itinerary booked.. 

re EDIT

( i was going to move my April flight to August... she now told me to phone back on May 1 for an update and then see about a refund which they are happy to do)

• Like 1

I had a 3 week trip book for Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. Short trip with my daughter to celebrate her college graduation. Now her graduation ceremony cancelled (she will get diploma in mail), and so it trip to Thailand. 

Will rebook as soon as a vaccine is developed and deployed world wide. I see that as the only way resort destinations will ever truly open up again. 

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

Will rebook as soon as a vaccine is developed and deployed world wide. I see that as the only way resort destinations will ever truly open up again. 

yes this is a big issue ... my feeling is that you will need a Certificate of testing to fly... otherwise the travel biz is a goner as it cant wait 18 months.

Also Singapore  just closed terminal 2  at Changi  for 18 months which gives a clue

• Like 1