Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

Sad

4 & 5 in March of 2021..

4. A bank teller in my bank. She was always nice to me

5. That bank teller's girlfriend.. they were 38 and 32..

and scary.

30 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

#6 was August 2021

He had covid before and survived.. he was vaccinated

32 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

It seems to have been the delta variant as I talked to him sunday and he was fine and he was gone on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Ashoka said:

And this delta variant is no joke.. it also seems to be more airborne.

Sorry to hear about all this.

In Europe the delta variant is considered a lot less dangerous than the original strain. Transmission is increasing basically everywhere but few 

need hospital care like a year ago. The 3rd vaccine booster is planned for early next year. Covid-19 is now classed as an endemic and something we have to live with for a foreseeable future, like a flu with annual vaccine shots.

• Like 1

Yep me and my ladyboy mask up everywhere outside of home and wear gloves. We avoid public transporation as much as possible. She has asthma so it would be really bad for her.

She wanted to return to Thailand this year but under the quarantine rules and stuff, its not really possible. She also wanted to buy a few things but is unsure with covid if the places are even open so we'll try next year.

What really surprised me in this covid thing is how resourceful people can be when they try.

We had a few problems where our bathroom had a few tiles fall off and reveal mold underneath and we didn't want to risk anyone coming in.. so we decided to DIY it.

Yep you heard that right.. a ladyboy and me fixing our bathroom (tearing it all down, packing debree of sharp tiles into bags, taking it outside, then helping me cut and replace old pipes & valve then cut and install cement board, sheet rock, waterproofing, joint compound, paint, and then cut tiles to install, splash thinset and apply tile. Infact she and I bought a 28 foot ladder and I secure it at the bottom and she goes to the top and paints mold resistant paint outside below the gutter so we don't have mold again).

Never would have thought that when we hooked up that she and I are capable of this but we didn't want to live in a mold infested house and had to fix it ourselves.

Sure beats the ladyboys that just want the latest iphone every year and want to just look pretty, buy expensive stuff, show off on facebook and be generally lazy but maybe covid has forced us both to be active instead of just paying someone else to fix it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/03/reader-talkback-results-what-do-you-think-about-the-current-plan-to-reopen-pattaya-to-foreign-vaccinated-tourists-in-november/

Interesting short article on peoples opinions regarding opening Pattaya to foreign vaccinated tourists in November.  One of the answers gave me food for thought as I hadn't even considered this scenario and the following financial consequences if this one played out:

"Mike S-

The best you can say is restrictions and requirements change almost every two weeks. It’s a ghost town now without any detailed information as to when alcohol, bars, and nightlife will return.
If you test positive for Covid, then 14 days of quarantine is required. This alone could have a huge impact on your return journey.
Until all restrictions are lifted, including a curfew and open borders, I would suggest making travel plans closer to your home Country for a minimum of 1 year."
  • Like 2

1633492882897.jpg

My favorite 7/11 has their tables back outside with a great seaview but seems only one chair per table so good for the anti-social crowd.    I won't drink a beer there though until restaurants are permitted to serve booze.  39 baht Leo with no annoying bargirls but often I drink 3% San Mig Zero.  Wish bars would offer SMZ as I hate hangovers.   Heineken 0.0 would also be useful for the end of the night. Hideaway has it.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Oh well the waiting game yet again. 

My window has technically closed for 2021 unless they do something radical now.

My window is definitely closed for this Year, got Benidorm next month instead :biggrin:

It's going to be the end of May to June or November/December (EPL break for World Cup) for a month IF I decide to go back, if so then it will most likely be my last trip.

The days of 2 or 3 trips per year to Thailand are now history for me, that Ship has Sailed for sure :hi:

Quinn,  BBG and other expats on the ground, are locals still starving in Pattaya? Are the food handouts still going on?

Just watched that rideforkikz guy latest vlog. Timing is everything. He's now trying out the best buffets in Pattaya, Hilton was first stop. Before that they tried to buy the new iPhone at 40K but they were sold out so he has to wait a few more days. His thai lady stuffed her face alright with delicious seafood and real caviar. Maybe he could've waited a bit with this buffet review given the circumstances.

A bit like that CB Media guy who blew a perfectly fine bike for the hell of it and posted it on youtube.

• Like 1

Hi. I'm a Canadian tourist who used the Phuket sandbox. In Koh Samui now and will go back to Patong next week.

Don't fly back to Canada for a few weeks and haven't made any plans for November yet. Any thoughts on what might be open in November in Pattaya?

Any chance some of the ladyboy bars will open?...this is my first time to Thailand and that's an experience I'd love to see/be part of.

Glad I jumped through all the hoops and came. Needed a break and was pleasantly surprised at how busy Phuket is. Koh Samui is pretty dead, but so easy to meet girls on thaifriendly.

Appreciate all your input. Thanks

• Like 1

i went for a hobble around the Soi Buck area today, first time i have been since early February. i was rather surprised to see so many people, okay i'm not talking  masses, but certainly people around especially as it was the hottest time of the day. Soi Buck market was very busy. walked down as far as ladyboy gulch. obviously no bars open [officially] but many massage places open and restaurants too. Suspect it won't be the same in the 13s etc, second road was empty.

Fantasy bar had about 4-5 LBs sat at the front.

Info for anyone who knows Nok just around the corner from fantasy, i popped along to have a chat with her for 30 minutes. She's okay, still looks exactly the same as she has for years.. bright red hair and all.

and info for anyone  planning a Jomtien trip...the jomty baht buses which used to queue along 2nd road,. due to road works now queue around the corner on Pattaya Tai pretty much outside the school gate.

and the Turkish restaurant right on the corner of the Tai/ 2nd road crossroads still makes great Falofels.

regs.

Camera less Vlogger Grunt. please ask for my paypal account.

and... i have just been notified that i'm now a "Big Swinging Dick" dunno why the forum needs to tell me that... i have known since i was 15....

• Like 5