Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/21/pattaya-restaurant-owners-once-again-reduced-to-take-away-only-to-fight-covid-19-many-decide-to-close-completely-temporarily-others-very-unhappy/

Many business owners are also asking what the end game is currently for the restrictions and closures. Without a significant amount of vaccines seemingly being implemented in Pattaya, an overarching financial aid program, or an exit strategy, it seems that the closures are being done as a “knee-jerk” measure without a plan to resume normal operations, according to many business owners.

Summed up perfectly by Ms. Suchaya ‘Yao’ Kaokaew.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/21/pattaya-restaurant-owners-once-again-reduced-to-take-away-only-to-fight-covid-19-many-decide-to-close-completely-temporarily-others-very-unhappy/

Many business owners are also asking what the end game is currently for the restrictions and closures. Without a significant amount of vaccines seemingly being implemented in Pattaya, an overarching financial aid program, or an exit strategy, it seems that the closures are being done as a “knee-jerk” measure without a plan to resume normal operations, according to many business owners.

Summed up perfectly by Ms. Suchaya ‘Yao’ Kaokaew.

I gave you a like, BigTel, for highlighting the situation, but obviously not a like for the situation. Yes, Ms Yao really did sum it up well. I'm sure the government officials do not have to worry when it comes to meal times. It is the knee-jerk reactions; the apparent vague planning for the future that faces the restaurants and entertainment venues. I really do feel for all those caught up in these difficult times.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 4:41 AM, Pdoggg said:

Anti government protest in Pattaya today. People have no jobs, no money, and no vaccine.

The USA is giving away large amounts of vaccine to some countries in the western hemisphere. Hopefully, soon, we'll be doing the same for places like Thailand. Assuming lack of enough vaccine is the problem, that is. If the govt has vaccine but no plan for jabbing arms, then it's another story. 

• 2 weeks later...

This I had been waiting to see after watching NDTVI with their intro to it approx 3 weeks ago. Wonderful to see the goodness and genorosity displayed here, when listening to Steve, the Triangle Bar owner talk it was emotional to say the least. I find it beautiful to see Chris using His Youtube channel for this superb helping hand when it's needed the most.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 9:03 AM, Pdoggg said:

Pattaya reports a record high of 229 new Covid cases today.  

Beaches are closed.

Massage closed.

Public gatherings prohibited.

Cockfighting verboten. 

As of this writing masturbation at home is still permitted.

How bad has it gotten recently?

I am over in New york.. which thankfully has a good % of vaccinated but regretfully a lot of unmaksed people now. One of these who I knew and met 2 weeks ago passed away from covid last saturday. So that makes 6 people I knew personally who passed away of COVID.

Hopefully its nowhere that bad for you guys.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ashoka said:

I am over in New york.. which thankfully has a good % of vaccinated but regretfully a lot of unmaksed people now. One of these who I knew and met 2 weeks ago passed away from covid last saturday. So that makes 6 people I knew personally who passed away of COVID.

Sorry to hear about your friends Ashoka.  Were any who died vaccinated?

On 8/16/2021 at 2:51 AM, Pdoggg said:

Sorry to hear about your friends Ashoka.  Were any who died vaccinated?

The first 3 passed away during March- April of 2020.

1. The person who did my taxes

2. A person who my dad knew who worked in a shop at the counter of a store

3. One of the health care workers I knew

Then it was pretty much a lot of people getting infected by no fatalaties.

4 & 5 in March of 2021..

4. A bank teller in my bank. She was always nice to me

5. That bank teller's girlfriend.. they were 38 and 32..

#6 was August 2021

He had covid before and survived.. he was vaccinated but he seemed to have a cough that never really went away so long covid and secondary infection.

It seems to have been the delta variant as I talked to him sunday and he was fine and he was gone on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

BTW Have you gotten the vaccine in Thailand?

I (60+)had my first jab of Astra last month and will be getting the second in October.

The missus had jab one of Sinovac and the second dose will be an Astra jab next week.

I just got an email a few minutes that anyone (18+) can prepay for Moderna jabs that will arrive next year at Medpark, a reliable Bangkok hospital.

https://medparkhospital.com/en/page/moderna-vaccine-booking