Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

The Thaiger writes today:

"If what’s happened in Phuket in recent months, is any indication, then there will be a level of ‘accommodation’ provided by officials who understand that some tourists are wanting a normalisation of Thailand’s nightlife before going to the effort of booking expensive flights and going through the Thailand Pass process.

The Thaiger has reached out to Bryan Flowers from the Night Wish Group who has been one of Pattaya’s major protagonists to get the bar scene open again. We will report on his responses in the next few days."

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/chon-buri-and-pattaya-bar-scene-get-good-news-but-at-what-cost

I hate these third-party cookies... We'll see how the third-party cookie sundown in 2023 will affect their business....

Anyways: I think the Thaiger is spot on: until the end of the main tourist season (mid-March?) I think there'll be a degree of freedom that we should use...

Tree Town tonight 4 December 21:

FFxIHzbUUAA8khY?format=jpg&name=900x900

Source: Twitter

Edited by Papa Sam
Added pic
  • Like 2

The Pattaya News reports about police raids in Chonburi province:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/05/four-bar-managers-arrested-in-bang-saen-alcohol-sale-raids-police-warn-saen-suk-is-not-a-blue-zone/

Published 5 December 2021, 15:08

Thai media is also reporting about the police raids and arrests in Chonburi province.

Matichon for example writes today that the BiB arrested the owner of a pub called Sewana on Soi Jarin in Saensuk that opened illegally. Pubs and bars are still not allowed to open. They had used paper cups to disguise that they were serving alcohol. Choburi Province still does not allow pubs to open they emphasize:

https://www.matichon.co.th/region/news_3074299

Published December 6, 2021 - 8:50 a.m.

264102575_966566320621185_47169595246274

Channel 7 today also reports about the illegal bar openings in Chonburi.

They write there were farang drinking alcohol in a pub: The BiB found soda  bottles and paper cups that were used for serving liquor.

264132932_966566420621175_12293494932470

Due to the violations, the BiB will increase the intensity of their inspections in Chonburi province in the coming days...

https://news.ch7.com/detail/534304

Published 6 Dec 2021

Quite a contrast to what's going on in Bangkok at the moment. 63 Music House in the Ekkamai area of Bangkok for example, a nightclub, apparently has been very busy over the weekend, say people on social media...

256334142_436910378057750_74612655437255

161602185_277024724046317_39663768395411

In Chiang Mai, things are finally getting better: 300 restaurant so far have passed the relevant inspections and can resume serving alcohol, writes Channel 7 today:

https://news.ch7.com/detail/534333

Published 6 Dec 2021

Translated from Thai into English using Google Translate so please bear with me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Reading elsewhere, I have got the impression that Pattaya is rocking at the moment :biggrin:

Right now I am on Buakhao near Chaiyapoon and it is rocking.

Treetown is packed. Am mildly surprised as with more places open and serving beer I thought business would be more spread around but it's in many people's DNA to be in the least socially distant place possible.

To be sure there are numerous pockets of emptiness but Treetown is not one of them.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Right now I am on Buakhao near Chaiyapoon and it is rocking.

Treetown is packed.

Yeah my mate sent me a couple of videos 'live' from Treetown about an hour ago, looked kinda busy and alcohol being drunk freely out of glasses instead of paper cups :biggrin:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Yeah my mate sent me a couple of videos 'live' from Treetown about an hour ago, looked kinda busy and alcohol being drunk freely out of glasses instead of paper cups :biggrin:

Lot's of ladyboys around Tree Town but I guess not so many within TT?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

Scooter Bar Soi Buk last night:

269571243_2809459566015085_7979397571019

269597487_2809459862681722_8257247305962

(Trying to cheer folks up after the negative news today....)

Love Scooters Bar, love the music, love the girls and love the uniforms :man_in_love:, so much so that I have rang the gong several times :drinks:

IMG_20211220_142958.jpg

(Thankfully I have lost nearly 2 Stones since this pic was taken, me hansum man again :biggrin:

• Like 3

Thip Bar and Easy Bar busted for selling booze and their bar managers arrested last night.

Seems absurd given how many bars are open and that the entire Treetown area is a superspreader petrie dish with zero regard for social distancing.

There is an Easy Bar on Soi 15 but am not sure if that was the miscreant bar.

Of course not to be confused with EZY Bar where would routinely be rocking out with their cocks out until the ass crack of dawn.  EZY had a Christmas Eve tradition where at midnight there would be a one hour open bar.   

• Like 2

Apparently the Bangkok BIB visited Pattaya tonight and the bars were closed by 8pm, meaning the Bangkok boys have the power to do this, can't be right can it? :crazy: 

News is the bars will be closed tomorrow as well :rolleye0012:

So glad I haven't got a trip coming up with all this crap going on. :search:

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 11:15 AM, Quinn said:

There is an Easy Bar in Jomtien and also I think a Thip Bar opposite 'Jomtien Thip Hotel'  on Soi 7

Indeed it was these bars that were shut down - they gave the game away when the punters were spotted playing pool. I visited Soi 7 last night and just about all the bars were closed. Thought maybe a 'domino effect' but find out today that the Bangkok Police came down in force (ooh) and shut Pattaya bars at about 8pm last night.

• Like 2