Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

12 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

jeez.. i found it frightening, like living on another planet where inhabitants have no mouths and noses. Whatever is going on with all this insanity, it's not life as i know it.

I agree. Ive been out and about today and no one wear masks. What I don't understand is, if you have a dodgy massage, the mask stays on even for the dodgy part? 

10 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I am genuinely happy so the mask is useful because I can put on a big phony smile and nobody can tell it is forced.

The mask hides bad teeth pretty well. I haven't 'done' my teeth yet like most guys my age I know done. Pearly whites flashing everywhere , looks about as natural as a femboys boobs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Camera less Vlogger Grunt

Sort of like an organ grinder without his monkey.    :biggrin:

3 hours ago, seven said:

Ive been out and about today and no one wear masks.

Tonight at Pratumnak Beach there were about 100 people in small groups eating and drinking.  I counted just one mask.  But in Bangkok, on the main streets in the afternoon almost everyone was masked up.

3 hours ago, seven said:

What I don't understand is, if you have a dodgy massage, the mask stays on even for the dodgy part? 

Masks off. Panties off.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Sad news.  That area of MIT just off 2nd road was one of the very first areas I spent a lot of time in when I first ventured away from Bangkok and went to Pattaya some 20 years ago.  So many times I would spend an entire night in that very delimited area.  The problem, of course, with these beer bar complexes with dozens of bars is that they need a massive influx of tourists to remain viable.  Also, it is in a prime location for a hotel or condo, or even some sort of extension of Central Festival.  You could even envision a skybridge across 2nd road (similar to those off the sky train going to Siam Paragon, etc.).

He mentions the price that the land where Centric Sea is (which is a nice place to stay while in Pattaya, BTW).  That piece of land is bigger than the area of MIT that has been sold, but who knows what crazy price it went for.

(Finally, this guy must be a closet LB lover the way he never misses an opportunity to get a dig into LBs.  If anyone here knows this guy do him a favor and tell him to either grow up or keep his mouth shut on the matter of LBs.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

A bit further down from Soi MIT, past the curry places there's a big hotel, think its got steel sheeting on its perimeter, a few moto taxi's and the odd soi dog loiter there. Do you mean there?, its a big old hotel.

No, Centric Sea is a condo complex on 2nd Rd a block or so north of Central Pattaya rd.  Very convenient to Soi 6, and not too far of a walk to the start of Soi Buakhao.

Because it is a proper condo you need to book through something like AirBnB.  That's what I did for Centric Sea as well as other condos such as The Base (which is very convenient to central Pattaya).  There is no front desk to walk up to and ask for a room.  In the year prior to the pandemic the hotels had put pressure on the local government to clamp down on condo owners renting out their units on a short-term basis.  Theoretically there was a 1 month stay required.  Most owners discreetly ignored this.  This is yet one more of a million and one things that will see some sorting out over the next couple of years as LOS slowly (yes, sadly, slowly) opens up over the next couple of years.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Centric+Sea+Pattaya+(เซ็นทริค+ซี+พัทยา)/@12.9400523,100.8840798,15.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xd400ad75c7677b1e!8m2!3d12.9394614!4d100.8883041?hl=en

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

Absolutely. I've said that all along.

lol  Yeah, he could be doing a video on the best and most convenient places to get an oil and filter change for your car in Pattaya and he would STILL somehow find a way to work in a dig at LBs.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, soiboy said:

lol  Yeah, he could be doing a video on the best and most convenient places to get an oil and filter change for your car in Pattaya and he would STILL somehow find a way to work in a dig at LBs.

So they are not into Ladyboys, not a poblem for me, I would guess most tourists who visit Thailand aren't either. 

That aside, they do give us some good info imho, even though I would much prefer Nick to do it on his own (without Martin) :good:

On 10/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, blind boy grunt said:

and info for anyone  planning a Jomtien trip...the jomty baht buses which used to queue along 2nd road,. due to road works now queue around the corner on Pattaya Tai pretty much outside the school gate.

Cub reporter Grunt scoops The Pattaya News!     :party:

12 hours ago, soiboy said:

(Finally, this guy must be a closet LB lover the way he never misses an opportunity to get a dig into LBs.  If anyone here knows this guy do him a favor and tell him to either grow up or keep his mouth shut on the matter of LBs.)

Brilliant !   I could not agree with you more on your observation of Nick.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, seven said:

Happy Halloween!

249888996_4489219914466291_3287961950590959808_n.png

Amen!

They did misspell "patriotic", though.  And I'm not really sure what jobs they expect 4 - 10 year-olds to get in order to buy candy.  Oh, well.

(I only give out candy on "Satan's Day" in the hope that the little bastards won't vandalize my house or car!  I'm tempted this year to write on each little KitKat bar, "Google lemonparty, kid.")

• Haha 2

I think Halloween in UK is largely a US import. It wasn't a big thing when I was a kid.

Halloween (31 October) was originally a Celtic pagan festival, Samhain. The Catholic Church made 1 November a Christian holy day, All Saint's Day, or All Hallows Day.

Halloween means Hallows Day Eve. The Church did make days near pagan festivals into holy days to take them from paganism. There is no evidence that Jesus Christ was born on 25 December, it was designated as such by the Church as an alternative to the pagan Winter Solstice. According to astronomers the shining star that led the three wise men to Bethlehem was an alignment of planets and stars which probably took place in September/October.

Easter was a replacement to the pagan festival of Eostre which celebrated the arrival of Spring.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 09.06.32.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 09.14.00.png

The kids around here don't bother coming down my road. Some did about 12 years back. I didn't answer the door when they rang the doorbell and the front door was covered with sticky string, which brushed off easily enough the next day when it was dry.