Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

15 hours ago, Woodie said:

Got a message from my doctor to contact the surgery. Called them and the girl said,oh yes it is about the flu vaccination!!.

I said what about the covid one????. Oh yes we have that too. Here's me waiting to hear about the covid one and they tell me the flu one is available. Fair suck of the sav!.

Can I get the covid one?. Oh yes sure.

Blow me over with a feather. So going in Tuesday.

It is the Astra one,(probably made by General Motors), but better than nothing. Would rather have the Pfizer. A 48 year old woman died a week after having the Astra. So the chances are about 1 in 400,000 of having blood clots. I will chance it.

hi make sure you yake paracetamol before the shot and then every 6h for the next 2days depending how you feel

i did not know i had a very bad night after the shot but i am still glad i took it it was astra z... too

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alainbreizh said:

hi make sure you yake paracetamol before the shot and then every 6h for the next 2days depending how you feel

i did not know i had a very bad night after the shot but i am still glad i took it it was astra z... too

Thanks

A team of over fifty Banglamung police raided a private party at a pool villa last night, arresting 28 people, 17 of them foreigners.  The raid took place at 11:50 P.M. last night, April 25th, at two luxury pool villas.

Those arrested included 13 Filipino nationals, 6 Russian nationals, 2 French nationals, 3 Thai nationals, 1 British nationality, 1 Canadian nationality, 1 Albanian nationality, 1 Cambodian nationality according to Mr. Wuttisak Singhadecho.

The raid took place at two luxury villas across from each other in the estate, with one holding a private birthday party for one of the Filipino nationals, many of whom are allegedly language teachers in Thailand. Both villas had a large number of people, mostly foreigners, allegedly not wearing masks or social distancing, partying, and violating the emergency decree to control the Covid-19 coronavirus.

According to Banglamung police, all 28 were arrested. Many of the foreigners reportedly were “shocked” that what they were doing was violating the law and allegedly attempted to debate with police that they weren’t violating the law as the event was private. Under the Thai Emergency Decree-law, stated the Banglamung Police, gatherings and mingling, especially around alcohol or a party, is against the law and can bring very harsh penalties of up to two years in jail and high fines.

covidparty.jpeghttps://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/26/pattaya-and-banglamung-police-raid-private-villa-birthday-party-for-allegedly-violating-covid-19-rules-arrest-28-people-25-foreign-nationals-and-3-thais/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that Pattaya will soon be reclassified from Deep Red to simply Red by the national government and that the Chonburi governor may also loosen restrictions.  There is a reasonable chance that restaurants will re-open but probably alcohol sales still prohibited. 

Covid case numbers dropped sharply today but could be due to a lack of testing to insure low numbers so that businesses can re-open.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, duke007 said:

Please let me know when the Marquee, Cafe Racer, Scooter Bars and the Cocktail Car in front of Tree Town are fully back in operation

Although a 7/11 with proper outdoor seating is my favorite, I do like the music at Maquee/Cafe Racer/Scooter.

But somehow in all my years here I have yet to try a Cocktail Cart.  What do you usually order at that cart Dukey?

12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Although a 7/11 with proper outdoor seating is my favorite, I do like the music at Maquee/Cafe Racer/Scooter.

But somehow in all my years here I have yet to try a Cocktail Cart.  What do you usually order at that cart Dukey?

My drinks vary Pdoggg, can be anything from Black Russians, Baileys, jugs of Vodka/Red Bull and if I feel like really treating myself then I will have my favourite cocktail of Vodka, Tia Maria or Cointreau and Baileys with ice. B)

I really enjoyed visiting the various Cocktail Cars around Pattaya, it had a very nice ambience especially when I'm in the company of my partner in crime. :drinks:

Each to their own I guess but I don't really get sat drinking at a table outside a supermarket, doesn't that beeping 7/11 sound every time the door opens drive you mad?, (it certainly would me. :crazy:

IMG_20191030_182702.jpg

IMG_20191030_183633.jpg

IMG_20210516_194925.jpg

IMG_20210516_195243.jpg

IMG_20210516_202501.jpg

IMG_20191030_183327.jpg

post-136-0-48470100-1459111451.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 11:09 PM, duke007 said:

Just looked at this post from March 2020 by Duke. 

I reckon if the 2 motorbike riders turned around they may see a real ghost. (the one in blue)!.

Think they would have had an early night to change their underwear.

• Haha 1

Restaurants in Bangkok open until 9PM with only one person per table. No booze.

Pattaya restaurants open until 11PM; no booze.

Tables have no reappeared outside my favorite 7/11 but I have no desire to socialize until the 3rd wave subsides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Restaurants in Bangkok open until 9PM with only one person per table. No booze.

Pattaya restaurants open until 11PM; no booze.

Tables have no reappeared outside my favorite 7/11 but I have no desire to socialize until the 3rd wave subsides.

Exciting times :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pattaya is emptier than ever.  Went into town today on a couple of errands.  Stopped at the Hideaway for a very late brekkie and for the first time that I can recall I was the only customer.

I think one of the reasons is more farangs are leaving Thailand than entering.  I know two farang that are returning to Europe this month.  I think it is a combination of spring-summer in Farangland except for those Down Under and that the West is getting less dangerous due to the vaccine rollout and Thailand is getting more dangerous.   Yesterday 15 cases of the Indian variant was found in a Bangkok factory cluster.

Many farang thought the second wave was bullshit and That it was safe to go out if a place was open. Attitudes are changing for the third wave and more people are staying home even if restaurants are open.

I walked by the Sunee area and it is devastated.  Soi VC is now mostly Arab skewed towards holiday makers rather than expats so VC is deserted.  Sunee was dying even before Covid but this is the final nail in the coffin.  

Baht busses are harder to come by.  Many Thais went home around Songkran and haven't returned.  it is very difficult to get baht busses late at night on the Jomtien route.  But Bolt cars are cheap and plentiful.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Soi VC is now mostly Arab skewed towards holiday makers rather than expats so VC is deserted.

Too bad, but I'll be feeling right at home when I  return to Sunee then :biggrin:.  Ive picked up a few arab phrases from my Syrian friends, I knew they'd be useful some day. Yalla!

Nothing  LB related as they're maybe the most homophobic lot Ive ever met after eastern europeans.

I don't blame euro expats for returning home now. Summer is here and the opening of societies are well under way.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:19 AM, Woodie said:

I reckon if the 2 motorbike riders turned around they may see a real ghost. (the one in blue)!.

More ghosts Woodie!

In this case health care workers are trying to cheer up a quarantined village:

ghosts.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:27 AM, duke007 said:

IMG_20191030_183327.jpg

Went to Central today and could not find these gents.

The banks at Central were allclosing at 5PM.  Could be a newcovid restriction. Walking by the coffee bean place there was a sign "by appointment only" perhaps due to Covid-19.

Chonburi had a record 351newCovid infections today.  But from a containment perspective perhapsnot sobadasit is driven my outbreaks at migrant worker camps which are locked down.

Migrant workers tend not to comingle with the rest of the population but these camps are only about 50 clicks from Sodom by the Sea.

Banglamung which is more or less Pattayahad only 9new cases. Probably not a good idea to kissstrangers or have toilet sex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

ws5.jpeg

The Chonburi Governor released several new orders this evening, July 12th, 2021, effective tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th, 2021.

The new orders enact a stay-at-home request during these hours, similar to Bangkok and other provinces however, unlike those provinces, it appears to be a REQUEST for cooperation and not a mandate, based on the orders so far released. However, see below.

The order also closes the following between those hours:

Closing from 9:00 PM to 4:00 AM are gas stations, restaurants, food carts of all types, department stores, retail, convenience stores like 7-11, all markets, massage shops, pools, water parks, game and internet cafes, amulet shops, beauty clinics, tattoo shops, and all prior closure orders like nightlife being closed period apply. Essentially, all businesses are ordered closed that are not essential services like hospitals or law enforcement.

Mess halls/Canteens in hospitals may stay open during these hours, all others must close. As stated, this does include all street hawkers, stalls, food cart vendors, etc.

Alcohol sales will remain against the law from 8:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M. and people are warned that gathering in groups (more than one person) during these hours to drink/party is against current Chonburi Provincial Disease Committee orders.
All prior closing orders, such as the closure of nightlife, bars, movie theaters, amusement parks, game cabinets, etc. remain in effect and have not changed. The ban on alcohol at restaurants remains.

As stated, people are requested to cooperate by staying at home during these hours. This is, as written, appearing so far to be a “request” and not a mandate, although the intent is clear: Stay home during these hours unless it is an absolute emergency. You may be asked for proof, such as paperwork, that your visit outside during these hours is essential or critical and there may be checkpoints. Be aware in advance.

The new order is in effect until further notice, without a specific expiration date, and is to help stop the spread of Covid-19, especially around nighttime parties and gatherings, according to the Chonburi Public Relations office.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/12/chonburi-governor-releases-new-order-stay-at-home-request-for-cooperation-overnight-closure-of-many-businesses-overnight/

• Like 1