Pattaya Ghost Town Or Not

Pdoggg

21 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

“The best way to boost business now would be to change the name of Pattaya.” Her suggestion is Fagg City.

Article suggests that the number of ladyboys in Pattaya before COVID-19 was 5000.  I'd take the over on that.

Lots of quotes from Thai cabaret performers who use Western style drag show names.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

“The best way to boost business now would be to change the name of Pattaya.” Her suggestion is Fagg City.

Article suggests that the number of ladyboys in Pattaya before COVID-19 was 5000.  I'd take the over on that.

Lots of quotes from Thai cabaret performers who use Western style drag show names.

I am quite skeptical that the quotes attributed to lbs are real. I have known and know quite a few lbs working the cabaret shows, and none of them used stage names like the ones in the article. Also no lb I know would consider calling Pattaya "Fagg City", as they don't consider lb punters as "fags". This seems something a bored quarantined staff writer just came up with.

• Like 1

Life has returned to normal, at least for me. But it's even better than before. We now have table spacing.

I had my first sit-down Sunday dinner with all the trimmings this afternoon. My first cruciferous vegetables for 6 weeks.  Nicky's had been closed for well over a month and I got my last Sunday dinner prior to closure as a take-away on their last open day, Sunday, March 29th. 

It's been open almost a week already, but this is the first Sunday. Last week from 8am to 6pm, but since Friday it's been 8am - 8pm .. Yeehaa! :yahoo:

p.s. closed on Tuesdays.

Now that is proper news!  :Monkey:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dixon cox said:

Life has returned to normal, at least for me. But it's even better than before. We now have table spacing.

I had my first sit-down Sunday dinner with all the trimmings this afternoon. My first cruciferous vegetables for 6 weeks.  Nicky's had been closed for well over a month and I got my last Sunday dinner prior to closure as a take-away on their last open day, Sunday, March 29th. 

It's been open almost a week already, but this is the first Sunday. Last week from 8am to 6pm, but since Friday it's been 8am - 8pm .. Yeehaa!

p.s. closed on Tuesdays.

yes DC, i was wandering around Pattaya yesterday and noticed that Nicky's had re-opened and promised myself a visit today for lunch. And damn i forgot!

did get a little busy today though, doing the things i've been doing for the last few weeks anyway... coffee's here and there and similar, a chat with Mind and Sunny and  Big Alain  ... plus a dodgy massage in jomtien, best for years... soi welcome.... 

the only thing i have suffered from in all this lockdown insanity is maybe the curfew.

How the hell government's can make starvation and unemployment the basis for curing or holding back a virus quite amazes me. Along with opening markets for hundreds of vendors and customers to intermingle, whilst closing beaches!  Madness.

sorry QG... my opinion, nothing to do with the Pattaya Mail!..........:biggrin:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably the best news source regarding when Pattaya bars will reopen is the Nightwish owned ThePattayaNews.   The editor and author of this artcile was a Soi 6 bar manger for five years.

This response comes after the announcement from the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, spokesperson Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin announced yesterday morning that restaurants, food courts and hotels can sell alcohol but bars, pubs, nightclubs and karaoke lounges cannot. It brought many questions if a place that is a bar, but sells food as a restaurant with a food license, can legally open and serve people.

The answer, according to Dr. Phannphimon, is as follows:

“It will depend on the business license the venue has. If a bar has a proper, legitimate restaurant license, then yes in theory they may open. This will depend on the local government organization-some provinces may not want to allow this and business owners should check with their local province. Governor’s can strengthen rules, but not weaken them.”

Chonburi Province has not yet released their specific orders around Phase Four, although shared the notice that bars and nightlife are to remain closed from the CCSA on their social media accounts yesterday afternoon. Pattaya has thousands of nightlife venues and bars and along with Phuket has likely been damaged the most greatly in Thailand by the continued closure of entertainment venues, The Pattaya News notes.

However, hundreds of bars also have restaurant/food licenses which brings up the question if they are able to open Monday. From Dr. Phannphimon’s response, which is based at a National level, the answer appears to be yes….however Chonburi has yet to specifically clarify. Additionally, the CCSA has stated that beer girls at restaurants would not be allowed in Phase Four, which brings up more questions if “hostesses”, popular in Pattaya, would be allowed to work at bars with restaurant licenses and if they are considered beer cheer girls.

The Pattaya News suggests to wait for Chonburi specific clarification and orders, likely to come Sunday or Monday, or call the 24 hour a day contact center at 1337 for business owners who want to clarify the issue.

The CCSA has not stated when exactly still closed venues like bars and pubs may legally open, citing concerns on social distancing.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/13/ministry-of-public-health-clarifies-on-if-bars-pubs-with-food-restaurant-licenses-can-open-live-music-at-restaurants-for-phase-4/

Contact us: Pattayanewseditor@gmail.com

36 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

The CCSA has not stated when exactly still closed venues like bars and pubs may legally open, citing concerns on social distancing.

typical left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Social distancing? has anyone told the baht bus drivers that run the Pattaya to Jomtien route from the bus rank in Pattaya? The ones that still refuse to go until there are at least 12 people on the bus.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, seven said:

But everyone wearing facemasks?

of course Seven! all very 'Village of the damned'.

i can't understand it you know... all same same..... at least mine is designer, whatever that means... looks so good with lots of coffee stains and cigarette burns. it's sometimes easy to forget that i'm wearing one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

looks so good with lots of coffee stains and cigarette burns. it's sometimes easy to forget that i'm wearing one.

Hand sanitiser for the rails too? I'd say them songtaew rails are more Corona infested than the rails in Suvarnabhumi.

Please wear gloves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seven said:

I'd say them songtaew rails are more Corona infested than the rails in Suvarnabhumi.

Please wear gloves.

I plan to whenever I take a baht bus again.   But coronawise Thailand is soo different than Europe.   It's been 3 weeks since there has been a reported case in all of Thailand except forThais returning from overseas.

2 hours ago, seven said:

Please wear gloves.

Especially for fisting!

Rimming, ATM, tossed salad is making the news in the Big Apple:

NYC’s Department of Health is bending over backwards to warn the public about a whole new threat — “rim jobs.”

The city’s health agency issued graphic guidelines for safe sex practices during the coronavirus pandemic Saturday, and while many were quick to take jabs at the agency for labeling masturbation safer than sex with a partner, most missed the backdoor rim shot.

Yes, the city specifically called out rimming — or using the tongue on the anal rim of another person for sexual pleasure — as particularly dangerous in a jaw-dropping section of the public safety alert.

“Rimming (mouth on anus) might spread COVID-19. Virus in feces may enter your mouth,” the city warned in the section titled, “Take care during sex.”

Eagle-eyed Twitter users, naturally, had a field day with the bizarre bullet point, whipping it into the butt of jokes online.

“The NYC Health Department has a document about sex and coronavirus that includes a statement about rimming,” one person wrote. “‘Stay at least six feet from other people, and be sure not to lick anyone’s anus.'”

“Day 13 of quarantine: my parents read the NYC coronavirus sex guidelines and are now discussing rimming at the dinner table. Need evacuation ASAP,” one person wrote.

rim.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

But coronawise Thailand is soo different than Europe.   It's been 3 weeks since there has been a reported case in all of Thailand except forThais returning from overseas.

:biggrin:

Yes, you should see it over here. Its like the walking dead. 

We have had 4874 deaths, some might be related to covid-19, some had covid-19 while passing but its impossible to say for sure they died of covid-19. 80% of the casualties were over 80 years old. 2500 die every flu season. 

• Like 1

Where's the party at?  Treetown.

It's one big open air party on Buakhao in front of Treetown.  Packed with farang without masks, beer bottles in hand.  Lots of ladies and absolutely swarming with ladyboys.   

The dam broke and people are revelling in freedom way beyond pre-Covid days.  Not sure if the BIB will let this continue on future nights. 

curfew.png  

• Like 1